Page 1005 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 5 505 905 955 995 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1015 1055 1105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    As Chazoe stated, he was meant to be a bigger part of the film but ultimately had a limited role due to his health. Although Richard Brake is very good i do think Sig Haig was sorely missed in the latest installment. Still a decent flick though.
    I missed what chazoe said. Sid Haig did a great job. I didn't realize Sid was that old.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Rob Zombie's best film?

I think Halloween 2007 is Rob Zombie's best film so far.
    You've peaked my interest. I didn't realize Rob Zombie made that.

3. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Crazy ending. They live on, and she gets to drive. LoL.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You've peaked my interest. I didn't realize Rob Zombie made that.
    He did both the 2007 remake and the one that followed. But the 2018 Halloween was done by Carpenter again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Rob Zombie's best film?

I think Halloween 2007 is Rob Zombie's best film so far.
    It was good, much better than the 2nd but i still think 31 is his best movie of all of them outside of Devils Rejects.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The King 7/10

Henry V’s rise to power. A little over the top in a few places, but nevertheless entertaining.
    So I just watched it, and it felt to me they cut stuff out that would have made it stronger. So 5/10.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

American History X. If this movie were made today, I think a lot of people would find it to be sensationalist. I also think the typical discourse about this movie would fall in line with prior conversations about movies, race, politics, pandering, etc. It's kind of hard to watch this movie today and think about when it was made. It felt like it could have been made last week, last year, last decade, or even in the 90's. It's a strength of the movie and a weakness of the movie. In one sense, it's flexibility is to its strength. But in another sense, it's lack of specifics and generalities make it muted in a way. They do time stamp it with references to "you won't believe what we've done thanks to the internet," and the talks about Rodney King. I don't know. Obviously the sentiment that racism is bad and stupid, and that people can connect with one another is a good one. That's not in controversy.

One complaint I have with the movie is that Norton overracted horribly in this film, at least at times. It was good. Better than I remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

He did both the 2007 remake and the one that followed. But the 2018 Halloween was done by Carpenter again.
    Halloween Sequels Confirmed for 2020 and 2021: "Halloween Kills" and "Halloween Ends."

12. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just rewatched Interview With The Vampire for the first time in a long time for its 25th Anniversary. It holds up pretty well, especially Kirsten Dunsts and Tom Cruises performances. The scope and cinematography are impressive as hell still and makes me wish there were more Rice novels done with this cast and crew. My high school goth phase really came back to me watching this! Lol

8/10 though I almost want to see Pitt and Cruise switch roles at some points.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Just rewatched Interview With The Vampire for the first time in a long time for its 25th Anniversary. It holds up pretty well, especially Kirsten Dunsts and Tom Cruises performances. The scope and cinematography are impressive as hell still and makes me wish there were more Rice novels done with this cast and crew. My high school goth phase really came back to me watching this! Lol

8/10 though I almost want to see Pitt and Cruise switch roles at some points.

Interesting.

Just watched a doc on Vampire Cinema and of course Interview got mentioned. Im torn on Cruise as Lestat, he wasnt as bad as i thought he might be but not as good either. I actually liked Stuart Townsend better in Queen of the Damned. However, Pitt was excellent and so was Dunst. In fact, they mentioned that at the time Kirsten was the youngest to play a vampire and i agree with you she was quite excellent. Overall the movie is still quite quality and holds up pretty well, i always kind of loved the whole theatre des vampires scene in which Pitt meets Banderas, etc. That final revenge scene is epic.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Interesting.

Just watched a doc on Vampire Cinema and of course Interview got mentioned. Im torn on Cruise as Lestat, he wasnt as bad as i thought he might be but not as good either. I actually liked Stuart Townsend better in Queen of the Damned. However, Pitt was excellent and so was Dunst. In fact, they mentioned that at the time Kirsten was the youngest to play a vampire and i agree with you she was quite excellent. Overall the movie is still quite quality and holds up pretty well, i always kind of loved the whole theatre des vampires scene in which Pitt meets Banderas, etc. That final revenge scene is epic.
    Makes me want to go back and read some of the books. The Vampire Lestat which was my personal favorite and Blood and Gold which dealt with Ancient Rome and Egypt vampires. Apparently Rice got the rights to her books back and is working on a Hulu series.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Makes me want to go back and read some of the books. The Vampire Lestat which was my personal favorite and Blood and Gold which dealt with Ancient Rome and Egypt vampires. Apparently Rice got the rights to her books back and is working on a Hulu series.
    I will go ham.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That could be really good, or really bad. I don’t feel like it is in between. Her books are a bit of a slog, though I liked the ones I read.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Captain Marvel- 8/10

Not as horrible as i thought it might be.

Captain Marvel- 8/10

Not as horrible as i thought it might be.
    She kinda cute.

25. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information