Page 1017 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 17 517 917 967 1007 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1027 1067 1117 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,255 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is just a poor take. Period. It’s not real life. It just isn’t. Does it mean you have to suspend some belief in places? Yes! I don’t understand why that’s so hard for people.

Do you watch good movies that depict high school kids with 30 somethings? No. If it’s well made, it’s well made, and the Irishman is just a well made movie.
    At one point Scorsese was sold that it was. You have a fake gangster with a book as the basis of a movie that the director bought/believed. The story is supposed to be an introspective look into this man's life. Over something that he didn't do. It is the most low stakes story.

Imagine a story about King87 as a lawyer where I convince five justices to change their judicial viewpoint in totality with my brilliant lawyering...except not only did I not do that, but I never passed the bar and died as a paralegal.

It kills the immersion. You can't walk it back. The immersion is killed with stupid CGI faces and stupid fight scenes that are part of the crux of a familial issue. "Wow, this is a great gangster movie," except it's not. It's a great movi about a guy who wrote a book about him cosplaying as a gangster. Most of the movie felt like it was about union politics and not a gangster flick.

We never saw the family be close with one another. So how is the cutting off between the daughter and father hard hitting, other than the assumption that it should be?

Fun fact, the old geezer who hated the Marvel Special Effects used those same ones, even some ones that marvel franchises created in his film...you know...to show us the 40/80 year old gangsters...

I have never seen a movie tell less story with so much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

American History X: I KNOW the curb stomp is fake. Because it’s a damn movie. It’s all fake. But that doesn’t make the movie shit. I just don’t get fixating on this and shitting on the rest of the movie because him breaking his hand didn’t look smooth enough, or whatever it looks like when someone curb stomps someone, which I’ve never even witnessed.
    Was it based on a 'true story' of a real man whose life and pain from his 'real choices' stem from?

That story was as real as Iron Man, used the same effects, had a worse script, worse direction, and ran about twice as long.

Considering it's a fake story about a 'real gangster' I can honestly say Iron Man is as much of a gangster story as The Irishman.
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I知 the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    This is like the ranch dressing stuff. He’s just trolling. No one actively dislikes Scorsese gangster films.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

This is like the ranch dressing stuff. He’s just trolling. No one actively dislikes Scorsese gangster films.
    Just like ranch, some people dislike them.
    I知 the hobbit.

9. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm a big ABBA fan, so I liked the movie. Might not have watched it if the wife didn't "insist", but I enjoyed it.

I also enjoy the Cranberries, so there's that...
    I even liked Mama Mia, here we go again (but not as much as the original movie).

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Just like ranch, some people dislike them.
    Like I said. Everyone loves them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

American History X: I KNOW the curb stomp is fake. Because it痴 a damn movie. It痴 all fake. But that doesn稚 make the movie shit. I just don稚 get fixating on this and shitting on the rest of the movie because him breaking his hand didn稚 look smooth enough, or whatever it looks like when someone curb stomps someone, which I致e never even witnessed.
    You've lived such a sheltered life.

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You've lived such a sheltered life.
    You’ve witnessed a curb stomp murder?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Was it based on a 'true story' of a real man whose life and pain from his 'real choices' stem from?

That story was as real as Iron Man, used the same effects, had a worse script, worse direction, and ran about twice as long.

Considering it's a fake story about a 'real gangster' I can honestly say Iron Man is as much of a gangster story as The Irishman.
    Actually if you think about it both Iron Man and The Irishman are modern day westerns.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Actually if you think about it both Iron Man and The Irishman are modern day westerns.
    I...I hate that I don't truly hate you.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

This wasn't a gangster film. That's the problem. It was a story about a guy who fantasized being a gangster, and union politics.

The geezer is a disgrace.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This wasn't a gangster film. That's the problem. It was a story about a guy who fantasized being a gangster, and union politics.

The geezer is a disgrace.
    Maybe the real gangsters aren’t what we think they are in our mind...

Like I said. Everyone loves them.
    You're delusion....ever thought about going into journalism?
    I知 the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by motorboat View Post
    you’ve witnessed a curb stomp murder?
    jhc!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information