Page 1065 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 65 565 965 1015 1055 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1075 1115 1165 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,975 of 17553

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    The Maltese Falcon.

Five out of five stars. I just love it.
    Now, just for comparison, go and watch the 1931 version, with Ricardo Cortez and Bebe Daniels. Its a really early talkie and not as good, but a lot of fun anyways. Its also pre Hayes code, so there are things they could more directly, such as Sam Spade and Iva Archer spending the night together (complete with disheveled room) and the much more direct allusion to the nature of the relationship between Guttman and Wilmer Cook.

Interesting side note - Ricardo Cortez was sort of a 2nd tier Rudolf Valentino; his real name was Jakob Krantz, a Jewish guy from NYC. In the 30's Hispanic guys were easier to market than Jews, so they made up a phony backstory. He's pretty good, too!

Here is two short scenes so you can do a compare and contrast

“What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Do they really have to make a Little Women movie once every 4 ******* years? Enough already.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Do they really have to make a Little Women movie once every 4 ******* years? Enough already.
    I just looked it up and did the math. There have been 18 adaptations of Little Women. The book was originally published in 1886. That works out to once every 7.4 years, that is ridiculous and if you factor in that TV and Movies didn't exist in any significant manner for the first 40ish years of its life it works out to about once every 5 years.

How does the pitch meeting go?

"I think we should make a boring period piece" (ha little women is a "period piece" that's funny)

"Yeah, the dipshits at the academy eat that stupid shit up. Let's do it"

"What should we do?"

"Should we actually do work and come up with our own original tale?"

""**** that. It's been 5 years, time to bring out the little bitches and dust their boring asses off."

Boom 6 Oscar nominations.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Says the guy who thought Batman 27 was the movie of the year.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Says the guy who thought Batman 27 was the movie of the year.
    Did I? I don't recall that.

My movie tastes are above reproach.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I just looked it up and did the math. There have been 18 adaptations of Little Women. The book was originally published in 1886. That works out to once every 7.4 years, that is ridiculous and if you factor in that TV and Movies didn't exist in any significant manner for the first 40ish years of its life it works out to about once every 5 years.

How does the pitch meeting go?

"I think we should make a boring period piece" (ha little women is a "period piece" that's funny)

"Yeah, the dipshits at the academy eat that stupid shit up. Let's do it"

"What should we do?"

"Should we actually do work and come up with our own original tale?"

""**** that. It's been 5 years, time to bring out the little bitches and dust their boring asses off."

Boom 6 Oscar nominations.

I didnt realize they have made that many adaptations of it. The last one before the Watson one was the Ryder one that i can personally remember. I had never seen one until the last but i guess if you are trying to hammer a point home you will remake something as many times as you can. Never the less, the latest installment wasnt bad but its a shame i really dont care about Watson anymore as she has gone over the deep end with her feminism. Such a shame i really used to like her but she clearly is the same as the rest. Lol

did buff salute his own post?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    did buff salute his own post?
    It was too good of a post to not be recognized.

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Watched The Way Back tonight. It was a good movie, and Affleck (actor not duck insurance) did a good job. Not a big fan of his off the screen, but I do think he's a very talented actor. I think I'm also one of the five people that thought he did a good job as Batman.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Dark Waters - 7/10

An Erin Brokovich-style class action lawsuit drama. I enjoyed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bonehill Road (Tubi)- 2/10

You know, i love my share of bad horror but sometimes things are just so bad that even a semblance of logic fails.

Checking out this movie called Bonehill Road. So, you have a abused mother who manages to escape her home with her teenage daughter and as they are driving out on the outskirts of somewhere encounter a trio of werewolves.

So somehow they have managed to run away through a corn field (outrunning the werewolves....yea... right) to an abandoned house. Oh, it gets better.

So now they have shown up at the house of a serial killer who has like some women taken hostage there. One of which is Linnea Quigley for the horror fans who know her. Anyway, now all of a sudden the mother and daughter are more afraid of the serial killer than the supernatural wolves outside which they havent even bothered to mention to anyone.

I would be like dude (because he is a redneck Chiefs fan of course)(Bobby Williams will appreciate this i guess lol) i got like a case load of money in my car across the corn field. You can have it. But of course the twit mother never thought of that and thinks that she and the other girls are just going to miraculously get out of the house without encountering the 3 stooges of werewolves.

Im not done with the movie yet but im definitely on the edge of my seat here..... lol

*Edit*- They at least put some thought into the werewolf designs and didnt rely on bad CGI. The transformation wasnt no American Werewolf in London but better than most although the end result of that particular werewolf was a little gay.
    Last edited by Northman; 04-13-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Been catching up on some Pixar movies on Disney plus that I missed out on the first time around. Watched Moana and Coco recently. Really liked both, think I liked Coco a bit more.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Uncorked and Just Mercy. Both good movies. Uncorked is a Netflix movie. Just Mercy has the Creed kid in it (drawing a blank on his name), and as usual, he did a great job. Really like him.

Just finished Ride Like a Girl, which is about a female jockey in Australia. Good movie

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Rambo: Last Blood- 7/10

Overall the movie felt kind of rushed but has some of the more graphic kills that we saw in 2008 although RAMBO was far superior to this one. Still a decent popcorn movie.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information