Page 954 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 454 854 904 944 952 953 954 955 956 964 1004 1054 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My favorite thing from Black Panther is the premise that all it takes for an African nation to succeed is magic dust from space. Very empowering message.

I'm kidding, kind of.

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I should clarify that I don't think any superhero movie is particularly worthy of a Best Picture win. The significance of Black Panther is great, but that in itself does not make it a deserving winner for Best Picture - insofar as winning an Academy Award is significant anyway.
    All the Oscars are lobbied for and bought and paid for and just a way for Hollywood to pat itself on the back. I can list three travesties of Best Picture winners off the top of my head:

1. Forrest Gump over Shawshank Redemption AND PULP FICTION?
    2. Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan?
    3. The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King. Not because it is a bad movie, but it felt like an "achievement" award for Peter Jackson when the Two Towers was the best of that trilogy. Plus Master and Commander or Lost in Translation could've easily won that year and probably should've.

Honorable mention goes to Crash winning anything. That after-school special of a movie still pisses me off to this day.

The Academy adding films like Black Panther is a desperate claw and scrape to get younger people to watch their 3 hour circle jerk. If they truly wanted to include popular movies as Best Picture contenders, then Star Wars should've never lost to Annie ******* Hall.

Shit I think I just had a therapy session with myself. My hatred of the Oscars can be traced back to Annie Hall.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    All the Oscars are lobbied for and bought and paid for and just a way for Hollywood to pat itself on the back. I can list three travesties of Best Picture winners off the top of my head:

1. Forrest Gump over Shawshank Redemption AND PULP FICTION?
    2. Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan?
    3. The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King. Not because it is a bad movie, but it felt like an "achievement" award for Peter Jackson when the Two Towers was the best of that trilogy. Plus Master and Commander or Lost in Translation could've easily won that year and probably should've.

Honorable mention goes to Crash winning anything. That after-school special of a movie still pisses me off to this day.

The Academy adding films like Black Panther is a desperate claw and scrape to get younger people to watch their 3 hour circle jerk. If they truly wanted to include popular movies as Best Picture contenders, then Star Wars should've never lost to Annie ******* Hall.

Shit I think I just had a therapy session with myself. My hatred of the Oscars can be traced back to Annie Hall.
    You've got a lot of audacity calling crash an after school special, star wars boi!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You've got a lot of audacity calling crash an after school special, star wars boi!
    That was my Buff dog-whistle. Did you buy that on Bluray yet? Such an inspiring movie about how Matt Dillon something something and stopped racism.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Crash. 10/10

I really enjoyed the bit about something and also the bit when the racism stopped.

Matt Dillon was excellent in the other part about something as well.

Loved it. Just watched it when I got in with some cookies and milk.

Time for homework.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Crash. 10/10

I really enjoyed the bit about something and also the bit when the racism stopped.

Matt Dillon was excellent in the other part about something as well.

Loved it. Just watched it when I got in with some cookies and milk.

Time for homework.
    Such a good movie. My writing class in college was based on movies, and that's one of the movies we had to write about. The way all the stories in it intertwine is excellent.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Such a good movie. My writing class in college was based on movies, and that's one of the movies we had to write about. The way all the stories in it intertwine is excellent.

You must be shorter than MO the way things go over your head.

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	13739 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2463.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	13740

Halloween (2018) 8/10

I rented it on Apple TV 4K and watched it with closed caption. Last October, I saw it for the first time at the movie theater and their closed captioning device has ruined my fun time. Device's wifi got jammed for some reason and I missed what they were saying in the movie. Last night, I got a chance to read everything in this movie.

So far, I like it and enjoyed the new storyline. By the way, Michael Meyers is still alive. At the end of the credits, there is a sound of Michael Meyer's heavy breathing and closed caption showed up. (See above for a picture of post-credits) So, he is still alive and It is likely there will be a second contemporary sequel. I am not sure it will be Halloween 4. They said ignore all Halloween sequels except 1978's original Halloween. 1981's Halloween II is related to Halloween 1. It would be Halloween 3 or 4.
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 02-21-2019 at 02:59 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	13739 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2463.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	13740

Halloween (2018) 8/10

I rented it on Apple TV 4K and watched it with closed caption. Last October, I saw it for the first time at the movie theater and their closed captioning device has ruined my fun time. Device's wifi got jammed for some reason and I missed what they were saying in the movie. Last night, I got a chance to read everything in this movie.

So far, I like it and enjoyed the new storyline. By the way, Michael Meyers is still alive. At the end of the credits, there is a sound of Michael Meyer's heavy breathing and closed caption showed up. (See above for a picture of post-credits) So, he is still alive and It is likely there will be a second contemporary sequel. I am not sure it will be Halloween 3. They said ignore all Halloween sequels except 1978's original Halloween. 1981's Halloween II is related to Halloween 1. It would be Halloween II or III.
    I dont know why Halloween 2 gets so much hate, i really like that film as a sequel. Have yet to see this one though although i hear its good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know why Halloween 2 gets so much hate, i really like that film as a sequel. Have yet to see this one though although i hear its good.
    Rent it! There are some interesting scenes.

19. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Driven- 8/10

Not quite as good as Rush but certainly not bad. Has Sylvester Stallone and the dude from Remember the Titans (who played Sunshine).

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So a Star Is Born.

Damn.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I should clarify that I don't think any superhero movie is particularly worthy of a Best Picture win. The significance of Black Panther is great, but that in itself does not make it a deserving winner for Best Picture - insofar as winning an Academy Award is significant anyway.
    This boy dead to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So a Star Is Born.

Damn.
    Was it good? Missy and i wanted to check it out when she gets back from traveling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So a Star Is Born.

Damn.
    This is the worst review ever.

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information