Page 1148 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 148 648 1048 1098 1138 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1158 ... LastLast
Results 17,206 to 17,220 of 17562

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Rating included in video.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Rating included in video.

Nice review! I don't think this movie is going to be as divisive as something like Batman v Superman, but it seems like most people either love it or at least appreciate what it was trying to do which is where it seems you are. As a Batman nerd it hit my sweetspot, but its cool to hear from more casual comic book movie fans where they land.

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I am watching True Grit (2010 Coen Bros version). It is amazing to me that a movie with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Barry Pepper and 100 other amazing character actors it is a teenage girl who steals every scene she is in. Stansfield is absolutely amazing in this film. She should have walked away with the Oscar and it shouldn't have been close.

The writing and directing of this movie is as good as Hollywood gets. A masterpiece of American cinema and a great and faithful interpretation of the era that made America the greatest super power that the world has ever seen.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 03-10-2022 at 02:46 PM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I liked True Grit but remember almost nothing from it. lol

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So the wife and I watched The Rock (Nicholas Cage movie) tonight and Michael Biehn is in that movie. I started rattling off Michael Biehn movies to my wife and realized holy shit, that dude has been in some all time great action movies.

He's not really a name that comes to mind right off the bat as one of the great action stars of all time but when you start listing the movies it's kinda crazy.
    Terminator
    Aliens
    Tombstone
    T2
    The Abyss
    The Rock

You could argue Aliens, Terminator and Tombstone are 3 of the best action movies ever made.

Just a thought I had as we watched the movie.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I enjoyed most of those movies.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Biehn was in T2? Are we talking flashbacks?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Biehn was in T2? Are we talking flashbacks?
    Yeah, I think was flashback stuff
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Napoleon Dynamite - 8/10

Ok I was wrong but slightly mislead. Around 2005-ish, I kept hearing this was one of the greatest movie of all time. I saw the first 10 minutes, turned it off and called it overrated. I decided to give it another shot and boy I was wrong. While it will never make my top 25, and may sneak into my top 50, it's glued to my top 75.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Napoleon Dynamite - 8/10

Ok I was wrong but slightly mislead. Around 2005-ish, I kept hearing this was one of the greatest movie of all time. I saw the first 10 minutes, turned it off and called it overrated. I decided to give it another shot and boy I was wrong. While it will never make my top 25, and may sneak into my top 50, it's glued to my top 75.
    Great movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Napoleon Dynamite - 8/10

I remember seeing that movie in the theater and about half the audience including myself loving it and the rest just seemed dumbfounded. My dad watched it once by himself and hated it, but watched it again because I told him to give it another try and it became one of his favorite movies ever lol

That movie has such a strange effect on people, never seen anything quite like it.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Napoleon Dynamite - 8/10

This is an interesting test. I watched it after months of hype and was bitterly disappointed -- but going in cold with no expectations maybe it'd be different? I always think of this movie and Blair Witch Project for movies that were all the rage and then fell terribly flat for me (along with pretty much every other movie, ever, of course -- but those two stand out).

Oh, and The Joker too, but it was always wishful thinking to believe I could like a super hero movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I am watching True Grit (2010 Coen Bros version). It is amazing to me that a movie with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Barry Pepper and 100 other amazing character actors it is a teenage girl who steals every scene she is in. Stansfield is absolutely amazing in this film. She should have walked away with the Oscar and it shouldn't have been close.

The writing and directing of this movie is as good as Hollywood gets. A masterpiece of American cinema and a great and faithful interpretation of the era that made America the greatest super power that the world has ever seen.
    I am glad you brought this movie up, and I agree with everything you said, esp Hailee Stienfeld. AMAZING. But…here it comes…that’s my problem with the movie in general. She overshadowed everyone else, imo, but especially Bridges & Damon. My disclaimer: I am a huge John Wayne fan, and my bias was never going to let me like this movie more than the original. I admit it.

I liked it, but can never love it because of that bias. Bridges portrayal seemed to be parody of Wayne playing Rooster Cogburn, and I even thought Glen Campbell played the Texas Ranger better than Damon. And NO ONE was going to play Lucky Ned Pepper as well as the great Robert Duvall, in my view.

My understanding is that the 2010 version is much darker—classic Coen Bros— than the original because it was closer to source material, the book. But it was the lighter moments in the original that made it for me. I really enjoyed the banter between Wayne, Campbell, & Kim Darby. And who could forget a drunken Wayne shooting a rat in his shack? Lol

Also, Wayne’s character would never kick the Native American kid out of the away in such a disrespectful manner, like the Bridges character did. Again, I get it was prolly in the book, but I guess that’s the problem. IIRC, I believe that was written in the original, and Wayne made them delete it; he hated it. In fact, that entire scene is not in the original movie.

Anyway, I think this movie is probably great to those that either didn’t see the original, or just aren’t huge fans of John Wayne. Maybe I’m wrong on that, but I’m not too sure I am.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 03-23-2022 at 01:52 AM.

23. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Speaking of Coen Bros., my favorite of theirs is still Fargo. Yes, I liked it more than No Country for Old Men, so shoot me.

Most underrated, or maybe overlooked? That’s a hard one, but for me it has to be Miller’s Crossing; although I think many would say it’s not underrated at all, and they are not wrong. A classic neo-gangster flick where the protagonist is the most likable of a bunch of really bad guys, and he’s playing both sides; sort of like Eastwood’s character in A Fistfull of Dollars which is in itself a remake of Kurosawa’s Yojimbo. If you like Coen Bros but haven’t seen this one, rent it, it’s a classic. 5 out of 5 stars for me. But Fargo is 6 out of 5.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information