Page 1064 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 64 564 964 1014 1054 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1074 1114 1164 ... LastLast
Results 15,946 to 15,960 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

I don't think I posted about Birds of Prey yet. We watched it last weekend, and I have to say, I think when I look at all the Marvel movies and certainly all the recent DC movies (Dark Knight series and more recent), it's the worst of all of them, but for maybe Joker.

It's hard for me to criticize anything with Margot Robbie in it, because I think she is both an awesome and versatile actress, but also hot as hell, so it pains me to tear down some of her work. And, I'll even say that I think her acting job was very good, but the disjointed story line, overall character development (especially outside of Harley Quinn), and the way they presented the story (won't get too heavy into the style they chose for those that haven't watched), just didn't appeal to me.

Since I think in the 5 star Vudu community rating terms, and my experience has been when they rate anything 4 or better, I usually like it (this being an exception, as it is currently at 4 stars), and more times than not if I chance something under 3 stars, I often don't finish it, I would say that 3 stars, or 6/10 is where this should land, which I find often is enjoyable entertainment, but for from a great movie.

It had enjoyable parts, and she did a grab job with the acting, even if at times the style was grating, but certainly my least favorite comic book type movies in many, many years (outside of Joker), and one of my least favorite movies of the year, and possibly last year, other than some low budget/Indie stuff I took a flyer on and then didn't finish.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

You didn't care for Joker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    You didn't care for Joker?
    I thought he did a masterful job, and loved what happened to Deniro (to bad it hasn't in real life), but I found it a very dark movie. I put it in the same vein as The Fighter (I think that's the name of the Christian Bale movie based on a true story), in that it was extremely well acted, but the story told was so dark and brooding, that I'm not sure I'll ever watch either of them a second time.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I gotcha.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I thought he did a masterful job, and loved what happened to Deniro (to bad it hasn't in real life), but I found it a very dark movie. I put it in the same vein as The Fighter (I think that's the name of the Christian Bale movie based on a true story), in that it was extremely well acted, but the story told was so dark and brooding, that I'm not sure I'll ever watch either of them a second time.
    While, Birds of Prey, which I think was a lesser movie compared to Joker of The Fighter, is one that I might very well watch again if bored and enough time passes, because while it was my least favorite of the genre, it certainly wasn't awful or so bad I turned it off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Bad Boys 3.

9/10 enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Bad Boys 3.

9/10 enjoyed it
    About to watch that, as soon as we are done with this episode of altered carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    About to watch that, as soon as we are done with this episode of altered carbon.
    I love Altered Carbon so much.

You and I have similar taste in entertainment consumption.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Bad Boys 3.

9/10 enjoyed it
    Ditto. Just finished, I liked it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

F/X is pretty good. Older movie (1986) but pretty entertaining.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

10/10

Watched it three times in a row. I love WWI and WWII flicks to begin with. Only regret is I didn't see it on the big screen.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post

10/10

Watched it three times in a row. I love WWI and WWII flicks to begin with. Only regret is I didn't see it in the big theater.
    Three times in a row? I don't think I've ever enjoyed a movie enough to watch it three times consecutively.

Also, I didn't feel an attachment to the characters in 1917 like I did in say, Saving Private Ryan. It was compelling, but missing something for me.

7/10

The Maltese Falcon.

Five out of five stars. I just love it.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    The Maltese Falcon.

Five out of five stars. I just love it.
    Fantastic movie.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Watched Joker again. Phoenix is amazing.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information