Page 771 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 271 671 721 761 769 770 771 772 773 781 821 871 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Deadpool -

4/10 - I fell asleep about three quarters through - but I'm completely fine with never finishing it. I give it a 4 instead of a 1 or 2 because I think there were a couple times it made me laugh. Just reinforced to me that I have zero appreciation for this genre. I'm just missing the ability to suspend disbelief when it comes to superheros and instead spend the entire movie thinking "What am I, 10 years old?"

Meanwhile, I loved a movie like Snowpiercer - so I am not exactly sure that it's all about my inability to suspend disbelief. Just something in the realm of comic books and/or superheros that doesn't do it for me.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Deadpool -

4/10 - I fell asleep about three quarters through - but I'm completely fine with never finishing it. I give it a 4 instead of a 1 or 2 because I think there were a couple times it made me laugh. Just reinforced to me that I have zero appreciation for this genre. I'm just missing the ability to suspend disbelief when it comes to superheros and instead spend the entire movie thinking "What am I, 10 years old?"

Meanwhile, I loved a movie like Snowpiercer - so I am not exactly sure that it's all about my inability to suspend disbelief. Just something in the realm of comic books and/or superheros that doesn't do it for me.
    **** is wrong with you

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    **** is wrong with you
    I went back and read some of the reviews and I have the same question for you!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

3 minutes into Logan and its already the best Wolverine/Xmen movie yet. Love it so far. lol

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Arrival - 9/10

Only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because there was no epic space battle. Otherwise this was a solid film, second best of the year for me behind Logan.

8. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Logan- 10/10

Extremely, extremely powerful.

Logan is hands down the best movie of the year so far and totally eclipses everything else done with the X-men universe. Im not sure what the future holds for Marvel/DC in terms of whether or not they continue to make the movies R rated or keep them PG rated. But right now between Deadpool and Logan everything else fails in comparison. Part of it is the not holding back on the violence and part of it is the well thought out story lines they use (thus far).

While both Deadpool and Logan are 10/10’s for me they both have far different approaches to their stories. Whereas Deadpool relies heavily on the comedic side of the hero’s character Logan has taken a more serious approach ala BvS and then expanded on it with flawless execution. While I try not to pick on BvS much anymore I think they had the right idea and approach but got lost with the direction which ultimately hurt that film. This would also apply to Suicide Squad which I think would of benefitted greatly with a more serious approach.

Word was Suicide Squad was supposed to be a little more like Watchmen which would of done great wonders for that film but again, DC ****** it up.

So lets get to the plot of Logan here.

The story of Logan surrounds itself with the idea that mutants are becoming more and more rare because of a corporation that has managed over the years to track them and kill them off. Our story obviously has one of the few survivors in Wolverine as well as Caliban and an aging and broken down Charles Xavier (Professor X). Wolverine himself is in no better shape as the metal in his body seems to have been poisoning his body of the years and now is starting to take its toll.

To further compound the problems Logan is still disgruntled and non-caring about most things in the world although he works as a limo driver to get money so that he can buy illegal prescriptions for Charles Xavier who a few years earlier lost control of his telekinesis and ended up killing a lot of citizens accidentally. The medication that Logan gets helps control the spells that Charles suffers from (sort of like epilepsy). As Logan works he is eventually tracked down by a woman who formally worked at the company which we discover has been manufacturing mutants for military purposes.
    The woman tells Logan that she stole one of the kid mutants who was born in the facility and that her DNA was used from him making the young girl his daughter by blood. Unlike Logan who was born initially with bone blades and then later had the adamantine added to his body the young girl was created with the metal body casing. Obviously the girl is being tracked by soldiers who are trying to retrieve her and some other children who escaped at the same time. While there is plenty of action in this film it is the more serious dialogue and interaction of the characters that make Logan so great.

When watching the interaction of Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), Logan (Hugh Jackman), and the young girl Laura (Dafne Keen) you really feel the pain, hurt, sadness, and emotion the actors bring forth in the film. Its probably the first time I was brought almost to tears at the end of a comic movie because of the fantastic performances. I can go back in the X-men catalog of movies and remember that I liked a few of them but after watching this they all seem to be so hollow in the end. As i said before i dont know what the companies will do going forward but im having a very hard time feeling they will be able to top this and Deadpool. Get out and see this shit NOW.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

North, that movie was dope af!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Logan- 10/10

Extremely, extremely powerful.

Logan is hands down the best movie of the year so far and totally eclipses everything else done with the X-men universe. Im not sure what the future holds for Marvel/DC in terms of whether or not they continue to make the movies R rated or keep them PG rated. But right now between Deadpool and Logan everything else fails in comparison. Part of it is the not holding back on the violence and part of it is the well thought out story lines they use (thus far).

While both Deadpool and Logan are 10/10’s for me they both have far different approaches to their stories. Whereas Deadpool relies heavily on the comedic side of the hero’s character Logan has taken a more serious approach ala BvS and then expanded on it with flawless execution. While I try not to pick on BvS much anymore I think they had the right idea and approach but got lost with the direction which ultimately hurt that film. This would also apply to Suicide Squad which I think would of benefitted greatly with a more serious approach.

Word was Suicide Squad was supposed to be a little more like Watchmen which would of done great wonders for that film but again, DC ****** it up.

So lets get to the plot of Logan here.

The story of Logan surrounds itself with the idea that mutants are becoming more and more rare because of a corporation that has managed over the years to track them and kill them off. Our story obviously has one of the few survivors in Wolverine as well as Caliban and an aging and broken down Charles Xavier (Professor X). Wolverine himself is in no better shape as the metal in his body seems to have been poisoning his body of the years and now is starting to take its toll.

To further compound the problems Logan is still disgruntled and non-caring about most things in the world although he works as a limo driver to get money so that he can buy illegal prescriptions for Charles Xavier who a few years earlier lost control of his telekinesis and ended up killing a lot of citizens accidentally. The medication that Logan gets helps control the spells that Charles suffers from (sort of like epilepsy). As Logan works he is eventually tracked down by a woman who formally worked at the company which we discover has been manufacturing mutants for military purposes.
    The woman tells Logan that she stole one of the kid mutants who was born in the facility and that her DNA was used from him making the young girl his daughter by blood. Unlike Logan who was born initially with bone blades and then later had the adamantine added to his body the young girl was created with the metal body casing. Obviously the girl is being tracked by soldiers who are trying to retrieve her and some other children who escaped at the same time. While there is plenty of action in this film it is the more serious dialogue and interaction of the characters that make Logan so great.

When watching the interaction of Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), Logan (Hugh Jackman), and the young girl Laura (Dafne Keen) you really feel the pain, hurt, sadness, and emotion the actors bring forth in the film. Its probably the first time I was brought almost to tears at the end of a comic movie because of the fantastic performances. I can go back in the X-men catalog of movies and remember that I liked a few of them but after watching this they all seem to be so hollow in the end. As i said before i dont know what the companies will do going forward but im having a very hard time feeling they will be able to top this and Deadpool. Get out and see this shit NOW.
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Towards the end, I started getting that feeling like you're about to start to cry and said to myself "Should I be crying at this?" lol. Then as I walked out, I heard people sniffling, so it wasn't just me. And I NEVER even come close to crying at movies but I came close here. Everyone who was with my said the same thing.

14. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Towards the end, I started getting that feeling like you're about to start to cry and said to myself "Should I be crying at this?" lol. Then as I walked out, I heard people sniffling, so it wasn't just me. And I NEVER even come close to crying at movies but I came close here. Everyone who was with my said the same thing.
    Yes, like I said in my review it felt like a good Western or Drama that just happened to have a guy with extraordinary abilities. Personally even though they were both rated R, I wouldn't put Deadpool in the same league as Logan but I feel they both did things to push the genre in a good direction. Deadpool was a fun diversion while Logan had me hooked from the first frame.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yes, like I said in my review it felt like a good Western or Drama that just happened to have a guy with extraordinary abilities. Personally even though they were both rated R, I wouldn't put Deadpool in the same league as Logan but I feel they both did things to push the genre in a good direction. Deadpool was a fun diversion while Logan had me hooked from the first frame.
    You werent hooked by Deadpool when the credits started rolling? I was in hysterics when that happened. lol

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Spiderman 2 (2004). 10/10
    One of my favorite superhero flicks.
    Hits all the right notes again and again...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You werent hooked by Deadpool when the credits started rolling? I was in hysterics when that happened. lol
    Deadpool had me at International Women's Day and kept me there with the baby hand. I just think it is a very different movie (almost different genre) than Logan. I have no problems with Deadpool, it was just apples and oranges compared to what Logan did with it's R-rating.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Guardians tonight

22. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

So, you ALMOST cried?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Fate of the The Furious - 6/10
    Too much CGI and not enough "real" car racing and stunts.
    I like all the characters and it's great when they give them a great story but the series peaked at Fast 5, for me.
    This may be the last one I see in the theatre.

25. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information