Page 958 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 458 858 908 948 956 957 958 959 960 968 1008 1058 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There’s a tom cruise one?!?!

Is it charming and fun?!?!
    I never saw it. Heard it was terrible though.

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Stick with the Frazer one.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bohemian Rhapsody- 9/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really enjoyed both movies, but I don’t know how you logically award Best Actor to the the actor who lip-synced his performances, while snubbing the actor who wrote some of and performed all of his performances.

This will be looked back on poorly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Fighting with My Family 7.5/10

Fun movie with some good laughs. I don't watch WWE, so I probably would have liked it more if I knew who the main character was. Shows it is a good movie if you can enjoy it without knowing who it is about though.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody- 9/10
    Bohemian Rhapsody - 8.2/10

Love Queen. Solid flick. Minor deductions for bullshitting some of the story.

Now, the actual live aid performance? Holy shit. Take notes bitches, this is how you own ......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A22oy8dFjqc
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Horrible.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

12. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Alita - 7.5/10

Uneven, but the ideal type of movie for IMAX 3D. Some solid 3D segments and scenes, cool protagonist.

I have to say this though...they showed a preview of How To Train Your Dragon 3 and the 3D actually worked in this one. I can't wait to see it again. I realized how much I liked it and think I wasn't generous enough with my initial rating, so I'm going to bump it to 9.5/10. I'd put money on it that it will end up being my favorite movie of the year.

I'll get the Frozen review ready.
    I saw the preview for the new Frozen and the only thing I could think is "WTF is this?"

I'll watch it because I have a 4 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post

Now, the actual live aid performance? Holy shit. Take notes bitches, this is how you own ......

The live aid performance was amazing. For the movie they recreated the entire performance. It's supposed to be an extra on the Blueray.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The live aid performance was amazing. For the movie they recreated the entire performance. It's supposed to be an extra on the Blueray.
    It is, and it's amazing.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post

Yea, and i think that is why he won best actor. Missy and i were talking about how much studying he had to do to really nail down that particular performance. Malek did such a great job with this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, and i think that is why he won best actor. Missy and i were talking about how much studying he had to do to really nail down that particular performance. Malek did such a great job with this.
    I remember waaay back when this movie was announced Sacha Baron Cohen was set to play Mercury which would've been interesting, but when he backed out and Malek took over I was excited because I was always a big fan of Mr. Robot and thought he matched Freddy's stature more physically.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lords of Chaos- 7/10

When it comes to black metal i didnt get started into that genre until about 1997 and my first introduction was Emperor and Dimmu Borgir. Both bands were different in that they incorporated a more "symphonic" element into their music and vision of black metal. While i was quite aware of bands like Mayhem, Darkthrone, and Burzum none of those acts really ever appealed to me. In fact, most of the traditional black metal that is out there just isnt my real cup of tea outside of a few bands here and there that i have come across over the years. Never the less, the scene itself was greatly influenced by Mayhem and company with not only the music they created but the strong ideology that seeped within it in paganism and satanism. For most who are aware of Mayhem they have a long and troubled past as a band which is what this movie centers itself around and its creator guitarist Øystein Aarseth aka Euronymous.

Lets be clear here, Lords of Chaos while being based off the book with the same name really only touches on the more sensationalism of the acts of murder and destruction by some of the members involved with these acts. Everything from the suicide of former Mayhem singer DEAD to the church burnings and eventual murder of Euronymous himself. A couple of names to note in the film are Rory Culkin (brother of famous McCauly Culkin) and Jack Kilmer (Son of Val Kilmer) lead this cast of misfits. From an acting perspective i thought all of them did a pretty good job especially Emory Cohen who did a great job of portraying Varg Vikernes. As i stated before, the early forms of black metal never really ever appealed to me although ive found certain songs from that era that i dont mind but if there is one thing that often turns me off about black metal is some of the pretentiousness and elitism that comes from it. It often times can take itself far too serious from its band members down to part of the fanbase itself.

While i do not know how accurate each individual is portrayed here it does seem that Euonymous while being one of the inventors and creators of true Norwegian Black Metal it would also seem that he was more of an imposter in terms of how "kvlt" he really was within the scene. The movie characterizes Euronymous as an opportunist who not only used the suicide of singer DEAD to promote his band but often took liberties to steal the thunder of the church burning acts that Vikernes committed during that time. When it comes to Vikernes its no secret of how damaged and ****** up he was or even is til this day (He has put out a series of videos slamming this movie). The disappointing thing about the movie is it spends less time on music and more of just the outrageous acts that took place which i suppose is fine since that is probably what they were going after but for those who understand and have followed the black metal scene know that this portion and time of black metal was just a very small part of it and doesnt speak to the scene as a whole. Black metal has evolved as a scene in terms of the sub genres created out of it and doesnt nearly take itself as serious as it once did albeit from a more personal perspective with the band members themselves.

I do not know enough about the early black metal scene to know how much of what is portrayed is true or not but judging by what is presented it would seem that Euronymous comes across more as a hipster/trendy guy rather than a true innovator. Or as the movie likes to play upon he came across as a "poser" vs the real deal. The movie is still enjoyable but fair warning some of the violence is very graphic so prepare yourself. For now the movie can still be watched on Youtube with no cost but how long it will remain up i have no idea.

Last edited by Northman; 02-28-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

We watched 'Wind River' last night. It was good.

23. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

A Star is Born 8/10

Predictable but good story and great performances by Lady Gaga. Cooper wasn't bad either.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information