Page 536 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 1036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The beauty of the original b movies is that they were unintentionally funny. Doing one on purpose is like a gal buying a knock off of a knockoff purse. I can't even watch sci if channel any more. They have become a parody of themselves. And to think they at one point had in my opinion the best tv show ever... Battle star galactica
    I have to applaud your taste in television. I have to agree that Battlestar Galactica is the best TV show I have ever seen.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8.5/10

Finally got to check this out last night and was really impressed. Set 10 years after the events of the first movie, the Simian Flu which was created as a side effect of the experiments on Caesar the ape has spread and wiped out most of the world. Small clusters of humans are genetically immune to the disease and have set up a small community in San Francisco, but as their gas supplies for generators run low they look to turn a nearby dam to generate some electricity to the city. The problem is the dam is in Ape territory. This leads to a series of misunderstandings and conflicts that ultimately puts an uneasy truce between man and ape at jeopardy as fear takes over on both sides.

I like how there is no clear "bad guy" in this movie. Every motive on each side is done with the logic of keeping one's best interests in mind for the good of their side. The tension is palpable in many scenes, and the new apes in this film that make up the core group rival even Andy Serkis' performance as Caesar. There are some parts of the movie that feel forced to increase the runtime, but ultimately this was a great movie with outstanding special effects and a good story. If you enjoyed the first but haven't seen this yet, now is the time to do so.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I saw the Purge Anarchy and a very bad side of me really liked it. It was fun and funny and twisted and everything I thought was missing form the first one. If you like these types of movies you will enjoy it. If you think they are evil and horrible then you will hate it.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Finally got to check this out last night and was really impressed. Set 10 years after the events of the first movie, the Simian Flu which was created as a side effect of the experiments on Caesar the ape has spread and wiped out most of the world. Small clusters of humans are genetically immune to the disease and have set up a small community in San Francisco, but as their gas supplies for generators run low they look to turn a nearby dam to generate some electricity to the city. The problem is the dam is in Ape territory. This leads to a series of misunderstandings and conflicts that ultimately puts an uneasy truce between man and ape at jeopardy as fear takes over on both sides.

I like how there is no clear "bad guy" in this movie. Every motive on each side is done with the logic of keeping one's best interests in mind for the good of their side. The tension is palpable in many scenes, and the new apes in this film that make up the core group rival even Andy Serkis' performance as Caesar. There are some parts of the movie that feel forced to increase the runtime, but ultimately this was a great movie with outstanding special effects and a good story. If you enjoyed the first but haven't seen this yet, now is the time to do so.

I was actually impressed with the first one (not the incredibly horrible Wahlberg one) and desperately want to see this.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It is scientifically impossible for a fictional ape movie to score an 8.5/10. I will not stand for this nonsense!

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It is scientifically impossible for a fictional ape movie to score an 8.5/10. I will not stand for this nonsense!
    You're a movie snob of the highest order. You're basically joyless.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You're a movie snob of the highest order. You're basically joyless.
    Yes to the first point, no to the second.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I would give it a 9 or 9.5 it was AWESOME

Thanks MasterShake!!!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I agree buff. I'm sure it's a good flick, but the subject matter is a big 'meh'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Great write-up on the movie. I loved the first one (2009) and this one didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the third installment!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Heterosexual males drinking Vodka Cranberries is scientifically impossible. Planet of the Apes might as well be a documentary compared to that!

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I agree buff. I'm sure it's a good flick, but the subject matter is a big 'meh'.
    Well like any good science fiction there is a good allegory to real world politics and war in there. Its just that instead of some tired old WWII movie we get something with intelligent apes dual wielding machine guns and shooting at Gary Oldman. Its not like I gave Sharknado 1 Million Boners/10 like SOME people here.

That's right. I'm a sub-genre movie snob.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Heterosexual males drinking Vodka Cranberries is scientifically impossible. Planet of the Apes might as well be a documentary compared to that!
    Boom!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

BroncoJoes leaked sex tape: 1/10 Looked like a hot chick humping an old turtle
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

23. The Following 11 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information