Page 1115 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 115 615 1015 1065 1105 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1125 1165 ... LastLast
Results 16,711 to 16,725 of 17555

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Without Remorse on Amazon. The Tom Clancy based thriller starring Michael B Jordon. I always love action thriller but 4 out of 10. There are some many things that make it unbelievable that i couldn’t stop hating on it. So according to the movie you can take 3 Warsaw standard round from AK-74M to the chest and shoulder area and still operate, or Navy officers only wear their blues in the office or Dulles airport is next to DC or LCDR runs a seal squad. So many things are messed up. What I loved about Tom Clancy writing he really attempted to get details right, this movie doesn’t.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

FINALLY got around to watching Tenet last night since it popped up on HBO Max. 8.5/10

After hearing some feedback about this movie and the sound mix, I decided to watch it with captions which I believe helped quite a bit! Plus my daughter was sleeping so I didn't want to ramp up my Bose because Nolan movies tend to be very loud and orchestral.

Overall, this movie is like trying to tell your friend at a bar about a really cool story you read, but you are slightly buzzed and sometimes you aren't very coherent, but in the end you manage to tie it up and it overall you get your point across. The movie itself is great if you aren't actively trying to figure it out, but you really don't realize that until the end that it will try its best to make sense in the final scenes. It REALLY makes you pay attention to the exposition and clues it gives you, and none of the main characters do anything, including check their pulses, without some consequence for the end game of the film.

When it finally clicked for me is when I understood that this wasn't about controlling time or time travel, but rather time STREAMS that move back and forth in the same space. Once I got that, especially in the last battle with all the inverse and forward groups going against each other, I was picking up all the clues about what was happening that hadn't quite happened yet.

I put this in the same vein as films like Edge of Tomorrow,Oblivion, 2001, etc. which are heady science fiction pieces that might be a little too smart for their own good at times but deliver when it matters. Nolan just has an effortless style to him and the pacing can be breakneck at times but he manages to fit a lot into the 2 hour 30 minute runtime. Some things still don't quite make sense to me, but if you think about the ending of the film and work backwards it makes much more sense which I guess was the point.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-16-2021 at 10:48 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Army of the Dead - streaming on Netflix. it wasn't bad but I felt that it could have done with better back story for the characters and that you really didn't care for them. They could all die and you are like "bah". The action was OK but not something you haven't seen before. It feels the zombie theme is done and should be put down for awhile.

I think over might like it better than me, but for me it was 5 out of 10.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    FINALLY got around to watching Tenet last night since it popped up on HBO Max. 8.5/10

After hearing some feedback about this movie and the sound mix, I decided to watch it with captions which I believe helped quite a bit! Plus my daughter was sleeping so I didn't want to ramp up my Bose because Nolan movies tend to be very loud and orchestral.

Overall, this movie is like trying to tell your friend at a bar about a really cool story you read, but you are slightly buzzed and sometimes you aren't very coherent, but in the end you manage to tie it up and it overall you get your point across. The movie itself is great if you aren't actively trying to figure it out, but you really don't realize that until the end that it will try its best to make sense in the final scenes. It REALLY makes you pay attention to the exposition and clues it gives you, and none of the main characters do anything, including check their pulses, without some consequence for the end game of the film.

When it finally clicked for me is when I understood that this wasn't about controlling time or time travel, but rather time STREAMS that move back and forth in the same space. Once I got that, especially in the last battle with all the inverse and forward groups going against each other, I was picking up all the clues about what was happening that hadn't quite happened yet.

I put this in the same vein as films like Edge of Tomorrow,Oblivion, 2001, etc. which are heady science fiction pieces that might be a little too smart for their own good at times but deliver when it matters. Nolan just has an effortless style to him and the pacing can be breakneck at times but he manages to fit a lot into the 2 hour 30 minute runtime. Some things still don't quite make sense to me, but if you think about the ending of the film and work backwards it makes much more sense which I guess was the point.

The scene near the start where the protagonist has been captured and is being tortured in the train yard is symbolic of the whole movie. Trains on either side are moving simultaneously in opposite directions as a metaphor for time moving around us, in this movie, in both directions.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Army of the Dead - streaming on Netflix. it wasn't bad but I felt that it could have done with better back story for the characters and that you really didn't care for them. They could all die and you are like "bah". The action was OK but not something you haven't seen before. It feels the zombie theme is done and should be put down for awhile.

I think over might like it better than me, but for me it was 5 out of 10.
    I watched it last night, I am a bit more forgiving i would give it a 7.5/10.

I think the main issue I had with it was that it was a fantastic premise and it could have been either more fun or more like a dramatic heist movie. Instead it tried to be both things and never did either quite good as a result. Some Zack Snyder films need more to tell the story (like his Justice League flick) and other like this could use addition by subtraction. I think if he cut some of the family melodrama and focused on the crew aspect it would have been paced better. I don't regret watching it, so theres that! I just wished it kept the theme and feel of the opening credits which was a blast.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

"Neighbors" (1981)

8/10 I enjoyed this movie with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. I think John Belushi was funnier and Dan's character was annoying in this comedy movie. By the way, I am a huge John Belushi fan.

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Without Remorse on Amazon. The Tom Clancy based thriller starring Michael B Jordon. I always love action thriller but 4 out of 10. There are some many things that make it unbelievable that i couldn’t stop hating on it. So according to the movie you can take 3 Warsaw standard round from AK-74M to the chest and shoulder area and still operate, or Navy officers only wear their blues in the office or Dulles airport is next to DC or LCDR runs a seal squad. So many things are messed up. What I loved about Tom Clancy writing he really attempted to get details right, this movie doesn’t.
    I really like Michael B. Jordan as well. I didn't notice some of the things like the blues, but did notice other stuff and as you said, it runs counter to what Clancy always tried to do with the accuracy of details in his books.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Last week my wife and I talked about rewatching it (but haven't yet) and I think the second and third time through I'll pick up more details I missed the first time, when I didn't understand the whole premise of what I was watching.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Last week my wife and I talked about rewatching it (but haven't yet) and I think the second and third time through I'll pick up more details I missed the first time, when I didn't understand the whole premise of what I was watching.
    Subtitles helped a lot. Sound mix is so bad in streaming services with dialogue cranked way down and everything else waay up!

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Tropic Thunder - never seen it.

I'm maybe 1/3d into it. I love it so far. I think you need to be in the mood for it and this is the first time in 20 years I've been in that mood.

Anyways, I just paused it to share that I'm kind of blown away and seriously impressed at the score in this scene--when the boys are first put into 'the shit' and they are on the heli ride over, about to land. It's a rap meets chamber orchestra strings thing, but subdued. I'm thinking 'here's the best song ever, it's in a soundtrack and no one is ever going to pay attention, it works perfectly, and it's so damned brilliant.' It's not that good, but you get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

I'm maybe 1/3d into it. I love it so far. I think you need to be in the mood for it and this is the first time in 20 years I've been in that mood.

Anyways, I just paused it to share that I'm kind of blown away and seriously impressed at the score in this scene--when the boys are first put into 'the shit' and they are on the heli ride over, about to land. It's a rap meets chamber orchestra strings thing, but subdued. I'm thinking 'here's the best song ever, it's in a soundtrack and no one is ever going to pay attention, it works perfectly, and it's so damned brilliant.' It's not that good, but you get the idea.

Very good movie, pokes a lot of fun at the movies in general (the trailers at the beginning are fantastic). Doubt this movie would be made today but yea i really enjoy it.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Shutter Island - I tried to watch it again. I forgot how obvious the 'ShOcK EnDInG' was.

Negative four out of ten stars

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

You went full retard. .. Never go full retard.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Conjuring 4: The Devil Made Me Do it- 4/10

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Arrival - 7.5/10

Not very into alien movies typically -- but this one was cool... If Aliens did show up and were trying to communicate with us, how would we go about communicating with them?

Also, we remember how in Independence Day the humans all banded together to save humanity... This movie kind of reminded me how utterly screwed we'd actually be and how humans would inevitably mess it up because we wouldn't be able to reach a consensus on what to do, and some nation would go rogue, etc.

I appreciate how this movie didn't just follow all the typical alien movie tropes. Would recommend.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information