Page 609 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 109 509 559 599 607 608 609 610 611 619 659 709 1109 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Robocop (2014)- 8/10

Surprisingly i enjoyed this. Didnt care for the ending all that much but it was pretty well done considering.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Robocop (2014)- 8/10

Surprisingly i enjoyed this. Didnt care for the ending all that much but it was pretty well done considering.
    As a stand alone film, it is not bad, but I don't think it comes close to the original

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Boyhood. 10/10

Replaces the Descendants as the most beautiful film I have ever saw.

Not the best film ever. But really one of the greatest concepts. And over of the best made.

I loved how they had so much random stuff that never went anywhere like the bullies in the toilet.

Also Ethan Hawke stole every scene he was in.

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Boyhood. 10/10

Replaces the Descendants as the most beautiful film I have ever saw.

Not the best film ever. But really one of the greatest concepts. And over of the best made.

I loved how they had so much random stuff that never went anywhere like the bullies in the toilet.

Also Ethan Hawke stole every scene he was in.
    The thing I loved about it was that it was so real. The bullies in the toilet thing was straight out of my childhood. One of my favorite Richard Linklater movies.

8. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Maze Runner 8/10

Shockingly good movie about a young man who wakes up in a lush landscape surrounded on all sides by continuously shifting maze riddled with half robotic - half beast creatures and those who live there (all boys) have a set system of governing themselves which leads to some intrigue as he learns who he is through dreams showing him glimpses. Very unique storyline with so many twist and turns you'd swear it was an entire season of Dr. Who before the end, and even when you think you have the gist it does it again.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Maze Runner 8/10

Shockingly good movie about a young man who wakes up in a lush landscape surrounded on all sides by continuously shifting maze riddled with half robotic - half beast creatures and those who live there (all boys) have a set system of governing themselves which leads to some intrigue as he learns who he is through dreams showing him glimpses. Very unique storyline with so many twist and turns you'd swear it was an entire season of Dr. Who before the end, and even when you think you have the gist it does it again.
    yeah - i watched that with my oldest daughter - she loves all that stuff. I quite liked it it too.

Interstellar - 8.5/10. Pretty good stuff, but maybe too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Fantastic Mr. Fox - 8.5/10

I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson movies but I finally got around to watching this because my son and I had just finished the book and he was itching to watch the adaptation. This movie was really sharp and witty with a good story, but the thing I liked most is that it was the opposite of most "kids" movies I've seen recently. Instead of being a movie made for kids with some references adults could enjoy, this was a movie made for adults that kids will just happen to enjoy. I loved the dialogue (especially the banter by Mr Fox voiced by George Clooney and his son voiced by Jason Schwartzman) and the plot expanded the story of the book in a really fun way. The style and look was very Wes Anderson, but the performances and animation reminded of Wallace and Gromit which has always been a household favorite.

Though I find Wes Anderson to be pretentious at times with some of his movies, this one was very charming and hit all the right notes with me.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Fantastic Mr. Fox - 8.5/10

I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson movies but I finally got around to watching this because my son and I had just finished the book and he was itching to watch the adaptation. This movie was really sharp and witty with a good story, but the thing I liked most is that it was the opposite of most "kids" movies I've seen recently. Instead of being a movie made for kids with some references adults could enjoy, this was a movie made for adults that kids will just happen to enjoy. I loved the dialogue (especially the banter by Mr Fox voiced by George Clooney and his son voiced by Jason Schwartzman) and the plot expanded the story of the book in a really fun way. The style and look was very Wes Anderson, but the performances and animation reminded of Wallace and Gromit which has always been a household favorite.

Though I find Wes Anderson to be pretentious at times with some of his movies, this one was very charming and hit all the right notes with me.
    I love that movie. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet. I agree with every point of your review.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Now I'm stoked to catch some good flicks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I love that movie. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet. I agree with every point of your review.
    I think it was mostly because of my feelings towards Anderson himself. I have to be in a very specific mood to watch one of his movies and this was more of a result of my son just having finished the book. I remember when it came out thinking I needed to see it then but it not being a priority, like most Wes Anderson movies. I usually end up watching them but not in their theatrical runs. The only movie of his I ever saw in the theater was Rushmore.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think it was mostly because of my feelings towards Anderson himself. I have to be in a very specific mood to watch one of his movies and this was more of a result of my son just having finished the book. I remember when it came out thinking I needed to see it then but it not being a priority, like most Wes Anderson movies. I usually end up watching them but not in their theatrical runs. The only movie of his I ever saw in the theater was Rushmore.
    I understand. This one is much different from his "normal" stuff.

We watched Birdman last night. It was weird.

World War Z - 7/10. Good have been better, could have been worse. Interesting take on an extremely overdone genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Watched Fury last night. Pretty decent, even though I feel like I am over WW2 movies. 7/10

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information