Page 636 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 646 686 736 1136 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Area 51 6/10

Actually a fairly impressive handheld horror genre movie, considering we're so desensitized to it at this point. It definitely was more suspenseful before the antagonists showed up, though. Overall, an interesting concept, and executed medium well. It's an original take, but as original as the idea was, though, it didn't invoke anything original when it came to what's inside Area 51, which left me wanting more.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Sinful Nuns of St. Valentine (Netflix) - 4/10

Another nun-exploitation film of the 70's era but not nearly as risk taking or shocking as films like Behind Convent Walls and the like. Just a run of the mill bad nuns go wild here.

Late Phases (Netflix)- 6/10

While i love werewolf movies i tend to stray from movies that i just find corny or not well done yet this flick made someone's top 20 "underrated horror movies" list. Sadly, i dont think the person has seen many films let alone classics like "The Howling" or "Bad Moon" if they thought this was top notch horror. Oh, there is some blood here and there but the werewolf/werewolves are stupid looking as shit and the ending doesnt make any sense. The only good thing for me was the plot was interesting where you have a blind military vet who is moving into a retired old folks community where his son and wife are trying to help him cope with the recent loss of his wife. It doesnt take long until his neighbor is viciously attacked and killed and then he too is attacked and unharmed because his sight seeing dog saves his life before passing on. The acting is ok, in fact pretty good but the execution of the story is rushed (movie is only like 1 hour and 15 minutes or something like that) and as i said the ending doesnt make much sense going by some of the other events in the film. For those that watch movies a lot you will probably recognize the vet's son played by Ethan Embry from "Cant Hardly Wait" fame.

Black Sunday (Netflix) - 3/10

Its amazing how different horror changed from the 60's to the 70's. And considering im not a big B&W film (any genre) kind of fan this did very little to impress me. Basic tale of witchcraft and revenge and while considered a cult classic i dont think it aged very well at all. Bleh....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I won't be spending money to see it in the theater, but based on the trailers, San Andreas is going to be Transformers, but with out any robots. Man of Steal, but with out any super heroes or villains. Just a lot of computer generated destruction.

Predictions:

Don "The Rock" Johnson: 1st responder of some sort (Police, FD, urban rescue, etc.)
    His Wife: Seismologist
    His Child(ren): At least 1, 8-10 years old.
    The family dog: A bread along the lines of Labrador, Collie, etc.

Don Johnson's wife is able to find a way to predict that LA is going to be hit by on earthquake in a weeks time & that the city must be evacuated. However, LA is about to host a major event that will bring in billions of dollars & the greed driven mayor blows her off claiming that she can't really prove she know what she knows. The earthquake hits & 10,000s of people die, including the mayor who is seen being crushed by a large chunk of a building. After having done his job saving as many people as possible, Johnson is reunited with his family who are all over joyed once they their dog (whom they assumed was dead) comes running to them at the end. All of those dead people, but the revelation that the family dog survived means the movie has a happy ending with Johnson & his family live happily ever after.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I thought his name was Dwayne Johnson?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I guess this just shows I'm not a WWE fan.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

AZ-

This is a last movie 'watched' thread. :-)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    AZ-

This is a last movie 'watched' thread. :-)
    I know, I know, I just had to put my 2 cent worth in about how predictable this movie is probably going to be. Feel free to actually watch the movie & tell me how close I came.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Kung Fury 1,000,000/10

Enjoy:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Looks like Johnny Cage. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Looks like Johnny Cage. lol
    My new hero is Tricera-cop.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

don is his brother-- kinda like a cliff paul situation. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My new hero is Tricera-cop.
    geez, that quick? doof warrior's gonna be soo hurt. . .

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Iron Rose (Amazon Prime)- 9/10

Interesting flick here.

The story involves a young couple portrayed by the very lovely Francoise Pascal and a gentleman named Hugues Quester. The two young lovers wander from railroad tracks to somehow ending up in a local cemetery. Quester than proceeds to convince Pascal to have sex in one of the underground crypts during the day while a couple of people are walking about in the cemetery including a clown (i may have to watch this again to see what the symbolism is if any regarding the clown). The couple loses track of time and darkness falls to which they can no longer find the path out of the cemetery and soon the gentleman is forced to try and keep Pascal calm and from freaking out.

Unlike most sexploitation movies of this era and most certainly different for this director as well there are no ghosts, vampires, zombies, or the like wandering through the cemetery. This is more of a internal doom and mental breakdown styled movie where the atmosphere of dread and fear become the culprit. As the movie plogs along the tables are soon turned to where Pascal is now becoming the calm and collected of the two while the young man is starting to lose his shit and have a nervous breakdown. In fact, Pascal is becoming too calm almost to the point of a mask of morbidity and they again start to make out in a open grave surrounded by human remains and bones.

The girl continues to slip to a point to where she is starting to believe that she is somehow communicating with the dead and the young man with her is becoming increasingly concerned for her well being. The movie ends dreadfully with what i perceive as a sense of frustration as a viewer. But i think a lot of that has to do with my attraction to Pascal. Its been a long time since a woman on screen who is basically doing what amounts to less than a softcore movie that can get me all hot and bothered. The actress is amazingly beautiful and she excells in captivating the sexuality, allure, and emotions that the director was certainly looking for when making this flick. She does a wonderful job here of conveying everything that is happening to her despite it not being very faced paced at all.

I read up on this and apparently when the movie was released it was not received well and while only having 5 or so reviews on RT it rates 100% by those critics even though the audience only gives it a 47% overall. The basic understanding is this has somehow gained a bit of a cult following and a new found respect years after its release and i can see why. This wouldnt be a film i would watch over and over but i did enjoy the interesting take on the macabre and certainly recommend it for anyone who basically likes "art" films. The movie is sub titled so be warned. Still cant get over how hot she is in this flick....lmao

Last edited by Northman; 05-31-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just googled her. She has not aged well. Lol

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Just googled her. She has not aged well. Lol
    Well, she is 65 now. lmao

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Added the trailer to my original post.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information