Page 966 of 966 FirstFirst ... 466 866 916 956 964 965 966
Results 14,476 to 14,489 of 14489

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

  1. #14476
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,028

    Default

    Oh yeah, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

    Much like my chick flick scoring, I will grade this on a curve...

    For a normal movie, it's like a 5/10... For being a cheesy action movie, it's like an 8/10 -- the cinematography and production value is great. Acting, plot and plausibility is predictably ridiculous.

  2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:


  3. #14477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh yeah, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

    Much like my chick flick scoring, I will grade this on a curve...

    For a normal movie, it's like a 5/10... For being a cheesy action movie, it's like an 8/10 -- the cinematography and production value is great. Acting, plot and plausibility is predictably ridiculous.
    Buff, you should check out Don't worry he won't get far on foot.

    We watched this last weekend. I really enjoyed it. It stars Jaoquine (SP?) Phoenix and he's pretty amazing.

  4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  5. #14478
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Buff, you should check out Don't worry he won't get far on foot.

    We watched this last weekend. I really enjoyed it. It stars Jaoquine (SP?) Phoenix and he's pretty amazing.
    You also liked "You were never really here" which I thought was one of the single worst films I've ever seen though... How does this one compare?

  6. #14479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You also liked "You were never really here" which I thought was one of the single worst films I've ever seen though... How does this one compare?
    Completely different movies. This one is a biopic about an alcoholic who becomes paralyzed and later goes on to become a semi famous cartoonist. It was really good.

  7. #14480
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    19,772

    Default

    Just back from Capt Marvel - 9/10

    Just a really cool and enjoyable movie. Loved the soundtrack, loved the young fury, loved the laughs, loved the cat and i know i am in the minority here, but i thought Brie Larsen was amazing and the character Capt Marvel joins Thor and Ant-Man as my favourite Marvel characters

  8. #14481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Just back from Capt Marvel - 9/10

    Just a really cool and enjoyable movie. Loved the soundtrack, loved the young fury, loved the laughs, loved the cat and i know i am in the minority here, but i thought Brie Larsen was amazing and the character Capt Marvel joins Thor and Ant-Man as my favourite Marvel characters
    I just thought it was very midiocre. I just wasn't feeling it. My biggest problem was that the relationships between the characters felt so rushed to me.

    Some will claim I didn't like it for political reasons but there was only one feminist moment in the movie that bugged me. The scene was when her black friend looked out the window and saw one of the skrulls pretending to be her with her daughter in the yard, essentially the inference at the time was that the bad guys had her daughter. Then the head Skrulls guy says something and calls her "young lady" or something similar, and the lady gets all pissed about being called this micro-aggressive name. That scene bugged me because it was very forced and I mean really that's what you're mad about meanwhile an alien is disguised as you and essentially has your child captive?

    I did like the humor in the movie. I kinda feel like there should have been 2 or three Captain Marvel movies so they could have set these relationships up more organically and let the character of Captain Marvel develope. It felt microwaved where Iron man, Capt. America and Thor feel like a nice family meal cooked with care in an oven.

    I also worry a little bit that she may be too powerful. One of the cool things about the Avengers series is that they've always kinda felt vulnerable. She seems damn near invincible.

  9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  10. #14482
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    66,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I just thought it was very midiocre. I just wasn't feeling it. My biggest problem was that the relationships between the characters felt so rushed to me.

    Some will claim I didn't like it for political reasons but there was only one feminist moment in the movie that bugged me. The scene was when her black friend looked out the window and saw one of the skrulls pretending to be her with her daughter in the yard, essentially the inference at the time was that the bad guys had her daughter. Then the head Skrulls guy says something and calls her "young lady" or something similar, and the lady gets all pissed about being called this micro-aggressive name. That scene bugged me because it was very forced and I mean really that's what you're mad about meanwhile an alien is disguised as you and essentially has your child captive?

    I did like the humor in the movie. I kinda feel like there should have been 2 or three Captain Marvel movies so they could have set these relationships up more organically and let the character of Captain Marvel develope. It felt microwaved where Iron man, Capt. America and Thor feel like a nice family meal cooked with care in an oven.

    I also worry a little bit that she may be too powerful. One of the cool things about the Avengers series is that they've always kinda felt vulnerable. She seems damn near invincible.

    Some of the reviews i have read about it seem to point to that the movie focuses too much on the current political climate and less on the story itself. Dont know how much of that is true and while i heard some of that regarding Black Panther i actually felt BP did a good job of not focusing too much on the political stuff and instead had a great story and casting.

  11. #14483
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    19,772

    Default

    Funny, because the character interaction was what I enjoyed the most....... But that was my biggest criticism of alita, that the relationships were rushed!

  12. #14484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Some of the reviews i have read about it seem to point to that the movie focuses too much on the current political climate and less on the story itself. Dont know how much of that is true and while i heard some of that regarding Black Panther i actually felt BP did a good job of not focusing too much on the political stuff and instead had a great story and casting.
    I didn't feel that. It was obviously feminist. But that's fine. I like that my daughter can watch a chick superhero kick some ass, though my daughter really loves Black Widow. She really wants a Black Widow stand alone movie.

    It was really only that one scene that made me cringe.

  13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  14. #14485
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    66,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I didn't feel that. It was obviously feminist. But that's fine. I like that my daughter can watch a chick superhero kick some ass, though my daughter really loves Black Widow. She really wants a Black Widow stand alone movie.

    It was really only that one scene that made me cringe.
    Well your daughter will be happy as there will be a stand alone BW movie. Its already in the works.

  15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  16. #14486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Funny, because the character interaction was what I enjoyed the most....... But that was my biggest criticism of alita, that the relationships were rushed!
    Well like the scene between her and Fury in the car. They're acting like best friends from ages ago and they literally met an hour before then. It just didn't feel organic to me.

  17. #14487
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    19,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Well like the scene between her and Fury in the car. They're acting like best friends from ages ago and they literally met an hour before then. It just didn't feel organic to me.
    I just viewed that as two cool mutha****as being bad ass around each other.

  18. #14488
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum
    Posts
    28,460

    Default

    Didn’t we make a rule the superhero movies couldn’t be included in this thread?

  19. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:


  20. #14489
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    21,693

    Default

    In a way, aren't all movies Superhero movies?
    “The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last Game You Played and Rate it.
    By Thnikkaman in forum Video Games
    Replies: 294
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
  2. Rate My McNabb Sig!
    By BroncoWave in forum Graphics Gallery and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
  3. Rate my team Please!
    By BroncoBJ in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
  4. Could you rate these receivers I have?
    By omac in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group