Page 1153 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 153 653 1053 1103 1143 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1163 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,295 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Nope...8/10

Peele is one creative dude. His use of sound, silence, lighting for suspense and intensity is incredible. Takes a seemingly basic, ho-hum story and makes you not want to miss a second.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So it's taken a couple of months but my wife and I just finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended version). This is the second time seeing the films. Not sure exactly why but I enjoyed them much more this time through. Really good stuff.

Samwise is the true hero without a doubt.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So it's taken a couple of months but my wife and I just finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended version). This is the second time seeing the films. Not sure exactly why but I enjoyed them much more this time through. Really good stuff.

Now watch The Hobbit Trilogy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Eradication- 9/10

Considering the budget this was far better than i thought it would be and there is a genuine creepy moment between the wife and husband later in the film that gave me serious goosebumps.

https://www.movieranker.com/articles/eradication-review

"On the horror spectrum of things, ‘Eradication’ introduces some surprisingly significant contributions to the genre. Throughout the film, we catch brief glimpses of infected citizens. Initially, they look almost too similar to the infected in ‘28 Days Later,’ but once David comes face-to-face with one, the finer details really start to stand out. Every zombie movie needs a signature feature, or something to separate it from the flock. In the world of ‘Eradication,’ the infected make these horrifying teeth chomps that become more frequent and faster the closer they are to their prey. The effect is suitably creepy and impressively innovative.

Additionally, this film follows its own set of rules, created to give consistency to the threats David faces. One rule established is that they cannot be in direct sunlight. The other primary rule is that they must feed on blood, and only blood. Anyone could tell you that sounds a bit like a vampire, but ‘Eradication’ isn’t so quick to start slapping on labels.

The infected do not have fangs, nor do they share any other mythological mainstays with vampires. More interestingly, the infected use their enhanced sense of smell to sniff out blood. It’s the same principle as a shark smelling a single drop of blood in the water, miles away. With that kind of predatory instinct running rampant across the globe in this alternate pandemic reality, humans don’t much stand a chance. This is all thrillingly creative, and we applaud Byers and company for not phoning it in as just “another” zombie movie."

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am a mega Thor fan, loved the first one.

Love and Thunder is a steaming pile of shit. 2 out of 10.
    Haven't watched any yet, but not hearing great things about this next phase of MCU. Part might just be that they had such a great group of actors, many of whom have moved on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

An extended version? You've gotta be shitting me...

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I, surprisingly, saw all of them... Though I never read the books. It's a fine trilogy and all, but they could have just wrapped it all up into one 2-hour movie. How many hobgoblins do we really need to see them vanquish along the way?
    Oh, and now watch them fight these trees! Oh, they took care of the trees, but what will they do about the hairy monsters! Oooh, they dodged the hairy monsters, but what will they do about these flying dragons? Just averted the dragons! Now it's onto anonymous henchmen #436!

Rinse, repeat x1000 - that's Lord of the Rings.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

An extended version? You've gotta be shitting me...
    Yeah, the last one was 4hr and 23min long. Though realistically it was 4hrs of movie and 23min of credits that I obviously did not watch. The last one was the only one we watched in one sitting, it was very long.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

One of the things i'm proudest of in life is I have never seen any LOTR movie.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    They're good.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones. But LOTR is good. They need to remake the video game.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones. But LOTR is good. They need to remake the video game.
    GOT is great. Ended less than ideal, as they set an artificial deadline, and there was no way to close it out over the 13 episodes they allotted for the last two seasons, but it will go down as one of the most entertaining series ever.

There is a reason that for years now we keep reading, "this might be the next Game of Thrones."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    They're good.
    Not 15 hours of your life good!

18. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Not 15 hours of your life good!
    I think it's more like 11 hours if you do the extended editions of LOTR. Wife and I rewatched them five or six months ago.

The newer, but older in Tolkien time, Hobit movies were short in comparison if I remember correctly.

Tried it, you'll thank me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    It is good.

But I'm down with dudes who are wearing LOTR-meh on their sleeve. Sleeves. (?)

Personally...the whole franchise, from the books to the movies...never moved me as much as I'd hoped. Here I am, the ideal DnD type nerd clay, but I couldn't even finish the 2nd book in the trilogy. (The Hobbit was pretty rad, all the shiz is rad, but man...did it just kinda draaaaagggg on at points...where was his editor?)

The movies are solid af. Obvs.

But Buff and Abe have reasonable points.

I don't entirely agree, but I don't heartily disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    GOT is ...
    valid because

and

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ygritte.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	20607
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information