Page 1136 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 136 636 1036 1086 1126 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1146 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,040 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

‘Instant Family”. My wife and I enjoyed the movie. I’ve always liked Marky Mark’s movies. This movie was based on a true story.
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-25-2021 at 07:38 AM.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    ‘Instant Family”. My wife and I enjoyed the movie. I’ve always liked Marky Mark’s movies. This movie was based on a true story.
    That's a good movie. I love the message behind that movie. Adoption and fostering kids is so important.

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That's a good movie. I love the message behind that movie. Adoption and fostering kids is so important.
    Not to throw my wife under the bus and pretend I’m some saint, but I’ve always wanted to foster, or even think about adopting. My wife is a big NO. She has her reasons, which I won’t get in to, and I respect her for that.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is that it gives me an excuse to watch one of my all time favorite movies, Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I don't watch it every year, maybe once every 3 or 4 Thanksgivings. Well, this is one of those years, we're gonna watch it tonight after the daughter's basketball scrimmages.

To me P, T & A is a near perfect film. It is comedy done as well as it has ever been done. It is a definite 10/10 for me.
    My dad recc'ed me a noir western called Old Henry, you seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    My dad recc'ed me a noir western called Old Henry, you seen it?
    No. But I've heard good things and really want to see it.

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Speaking 9f Westerns, I urge everyone to watch Open Range. Such an amazing flick.

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What’s an 9f western?

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What’s an 9f western?
    Theres an old west saying that “8 feet of rope will give you 6 feet of justice”, meaning that of course the 8 foot rope often used for public hangings led to a man being six feet underground.

When the Western craze hit Hollywood in the 40’s and 50’s, audiences would often gasp at the hyper violent depictions of the old west, where instead of what really happened with rule of law and hangings, the movies always ended a bit too far fetched with violent shootouts and quick draw duels. Older audience members who grew up at the end of the old west changed the saying from 8f Western films (referencing the old hangman saying above) to 9f Western because the violence had gone “about a foot over the line” of what they recalled.

They used short-hand like “8f” instead of “8 ft” because Imperial vs Metric was still being debated and they didn’t want to stir controversy as that was being decided in the Supreme Court at the time.

That or he meant to say, “Speaking OF Westerns…” I don’t know.

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Hahahahaha! I havent laughed that hard since I was a little girl
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Speaking 9f Westerns, I urge everyone to watch Open Range. Such an amazing flick.
    Open Range is one of my Top 10 movies overall.

Probably my favorite Western. Truly a masterpiece imo.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Theres an old west saying that “8 feet of rope will give you 6 feet of justice”, meaning that of course the 8 foot rope often used for public hangings led to a man being six feet underground.

When the Western craze hit Hollywood in the 40’s and 50’s, audiences would often gasp at the hyper violent depictions of the old west, where instead of what really happened with rule of law and hangings, the movies always ended a bit too far fetched with violent shootouts and quick draw duels. Older audience members who grew up at the end of the old west changed the saying from 8f Western films (referencing the old hangman saying above) to 9f Western because the violence had gone “about a foot over the line” of what they recalled.

They used short-hand like “8f” instead of “8 ft” because Imperial vs Metric was still being debated and they didn’t want to stir controversy as that was being decided in the Supreme Court at the time.

I admire the lengths you went to here. . .. And you didn't lose confidence along the way. Well Done.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ladies and gentleman, this is how you get a government PR job, this right here.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I admire the lengths you went to here. . .. And you didn't lose confidence along the way. Well Done.
    #ConfidentlyIncorrect

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

#ConfidentlyIncorrect
    Do you think anyone noticed my wordplay with "lengths"? :ntl:

27. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I watched two really good movies this past week.

The first is Quo Vadis, Aida? about some incidents that take place in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica during the war there in 1995. I hate giving ratings because it’s just so subjective, but I’ll give it an 8.5. The movie is currently available on Hulu.

The second is a Danish movie starring Mads Mikkelsen called Riders of Justice. It’s about a man’s revenge fueled mission to find those responsible for the death of his wife. I’ll give this one an 8.0. Also currently available on Hulu.

29. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information