Page 700 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 750 800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 17563

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Capt America civil war

Awesome.

Easily my favorite marvel movie

It's just brilliant. Watch it. You too buff.
    I am surprised you liked it. Salon.com has been telling everyone to hate it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

https://youtu.be/pdjHZkOEjPc
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Agreed. I saw Oblivion alone at the theater (I love seeing movies like that sometimes) and it blew me away. Reminded me of something Charleton Heston would have starred in if it was made in the 60's or 70's.
    Oblivion soundtrack is epic. M83 at their finest.
    Last edited by atwater27; 05-07-2016 at 04:32 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I am surprised you liked it. Salon.com has been telling everyone to hate it.
    I don't know what salon.com is

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I don't know what salon.com is
    http://www.salon.com/2016/05/06/capt..._steve_rogers/

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That's what I like about him!

7. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

That's what I like about him!
    Right on

seems that writer needs to catch up on the comic book to see why they put Rogers on the side he is on this.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    seems that writer needs to catch up on the comic book to see why they put Rogers on the side he is on this.
    Or stop worrying about politics in fictional movies.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Or stop worrying about politics in fictional movies.
    Yea, i never really understood why people try to correlate politics or anything else from fantasy/fictional movies to begin with. I go to see those kinds of movies to unwind from real life personally.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Captain America: Civil War- 9/10

(Warning: Spoilers)

So basically Civil War is a tale of revenge from four different perspectives. The first part where Capt and the gang are trying to stop Rimlow (from Winter Soldier) from obtaining a vile containing a deadly virus. This is a quick fight to start the movie and of course ends with some civilian casualties partly because of Scarlet Witch. The second tale of revenge involves Black Panther who is really Prince T'Challa who lost his father in a bombing that is meant to frame Bucky (Winter Soldier) which is a part of the design to start tearing the Avengers apart from the inside. The final tale of revenge involves Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) who lost family in the Sokovia attack (Iron Man: Age of Ultron) and is the mastermind at trying to create the civll war between the Avengers. I must say this movie was very good but Missy and i agreed not quite as good as Winter Soldier. The one thing i really liked about this flick is how some of the things played out, i never really liked the idea of good guys fighting each other so the fact that this movie kind of plays out as a draw is superb for me. I know there is still a long road ahead where we may actually see some superhero casualties but for now i like this film as is and although i thought for sure War Machine and Scarlet Witch were going to bite it that did not happen.

I thought Black Panther was awesome, great great character and am looking forward to seeing his debut film when it gets released. Ant Man was good as expected and although Spiderman had some funny moments i kind of felt like he really wasnt needed as he just seemed really out of place in this flick. I did like the tie-in with the woman who plays the Warden from Suicide Squad making an appearance and will be interested how they continue to tie that together. The only thing that really bugs me about this movie is just how gullible Iron Man really is. For a man who is incredibly smart Stark fell for the governments pity party for civilian casualties being the fault of the Avengers when in reality the death count would be much higher without the Avengers. This is further proven as they all buy automatically in to the idea that Winter Soldier was being the Vienna attack. The final revenge factor involves Iron Man and Winter Soldier and to some extent is understandable from Stark's position but at the same time the fact that Stark knew/knows why Bucky is the way he is you would think that would raise a red flag in his mind that Bucky wasnt "himself" when he committed his crimes. So from that angle i just think that team Iron Man was a tad bit to gullible in thinking that the Avengers should be blamed for any casualties since there is no way to guarantee everyone's safety when trouble arises.

in the end i see some of what Shake mentioned about the storyline angle but i do think it comes back to the type of characters and the actors who portray them. BVS still has some time to grow as it is just kind of kicking off but the persona of the characters in CACW just massively crush it out of the park for me. There is just too much to like with these films and im not sure if BVS will ever really be able to compete with it but as i said there is still time with future endeavors in the works for that saga. The easter egg at the end was cool as well but doesnt really set anything up other than change leadership of the Avengers over to Iron Man. There was a reason i was team CA before seeing this and it never wavered during or after the film.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Captain America: Civil War- 9/10

(Warning: Spoilers)
    Nice write up! I saw it again yesterday and it more or less still felt like a damn good movie overall. I almost felt Zemo had to have too many events perfectly happen for his plan to go off, but that is just nitpicking. And man I just love that Airport scene, I was literally waiting to see it again as I watched it.

My hope now that DC and Marvel get their heavy story driven internal conflicts out of the way we can focus on some more fun. You know, put the "hero" back in the Super Hero genre? Marvel has gone to this well 3 times now with Avengers, Age of Ultron, and now this so any more team infighting will just seem like using another Death Star in a Star Wars movie. And DC was able to get Batman fighting Superman AND Superman dying out of their systems in one movie. Let's shift the conflict towards the real enemies now and see both Universes kick some ass on the big screen.

I loved both movies so far but I'm getting a little tired of all the high drama to be honest. The first Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy are more the tempo I'd like to see from Marvel going forward, and DC can stick to the dark and gritty but they need more cohesion in their stories. I think DC still needs to prove themselves with Suicide Squad (which will introduce a ton of villains that even I'm not too familiar with) and THEN they can hit the ground running. I just want both studios to push each other because right now Marvel's only competition is itself.

EDIT: Also in your review you mentioned a tie in to Suicide Squad in Civil War? Are you talking about Viola Davis? I don't think she was in Civil War.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    EDIT: Also in your review you mentioned a tie in to Suicide Squad in Civil War? Are you talking about Viola Davis? I don't think she was in Civil War.
    I double checked, you are right. It wasnt her confronting Stark at the elevator although i swore it was her at the time. Too bad, there goes my tie in with Suicide Squad..... lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I double checked, you are right. It wasnt her confronting Stark at the elevator although i swore it was her at the time. Too bad, there goes my tie in with Suicide Squad..... lmao
    Oh! Yeah I forgot about that, she did almost look just like her. I think both times I was still amazed at the scene preceding it with Weird Science era Robert Downey Jr at the MIT hologram presentation. How long until we can do a full movie with that effect applied to an actor? Holy crap pretty soon we will have a young Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford playing himself.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So. Deadpool is pretty good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So. Deadpool is pretty good.
    Produced by asshats.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

25. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information