Page 990 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 490 890 940 980 988 989 990 991 992 1000 1040 1090 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Porky's (1981)

8/10. One of best comedy flicks. Good old days!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I think this fad of turning classic movies into live action CGI whatever movies is lame.
    Something we actually agree on. Holy shit.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I think this fad of turning classic movies into live action CGI whatever movies is lame.
    You want good long form entertainment, competent storytelling, and good acting and writing? That is what TV/Streaming is for nowadays. Movies need to make a profit so they are going to play it safe with nostalgia, sequels, or other low risk/high reward stuff. You will still find good mature-focused movies in the smaller venues, but the cineplex is all about the money. Smaller theater houses and places like the Alamo do a great job with independent flicks, but there is obviously a market for people who grew up with this stuff to see it again with a fresh coat of paint. I was never a Disney fan outside of their Pixar stuff so I happily avoid these live action remakes. My big problem is that the originals are like true artwork, and even though talented artists put lots of work into the digital ones as well it's just not the same and I can see fans feeling that way. Plus I think the Lion King is practically 100% CGI so it really is just an animated remake of the animated film. And meanwhile Disney just hyped up marketing on Disney's Avengers: Endgame movie to beat Disney's Avatar movie for #1 all time and the fanboys ate it up. Marvel fans think they won something, meanwhile Disney is all like:

Blockbusters are junkfood, but I still like that experience. I also love that TV shows are having a renaissance and becoming the new way for engaging multi-season stories. I also know that if I don't like something I can ignore it or move on pretty quick, we have an embarrassing amount of content without just having to complain about Star Wars/Comic Book Movie/Hobbit Movie, etc. years after the fact. This stuff is all fan-service or made for kids ultimately and is pure escapism. Like what you like, ignore what you don't, there's plenty out there.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Will someone please go see Midsommer?
    I can't seem to get a feel for whether it's good or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    I can't seem to get a feel for whether it's good or not.
    It’s not good. But it’s amazing. Will you please watch it? Shake would love it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

This one's for Beef.
    Spoiler Alert.

8. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Did you watch it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

No.
    Not yet.
    It looks like a drunk Friday night Netflix selection.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Between Beef's rating and that hot take of a youtube vid im not having very high hopes for this movie. Guess i will wait until it does actually come to Netflix to watch it. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood ★★★★★

My favorite Tarantino moment was Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace’s story of their evening together in Pulp Fiction. It starts slow, creates a character dynamic, and shows you as much as it tells you about these two people through dialogue, dancing, and an uncomfortably comfortable silence. Tension is created throughout their scenes then a curveball is thrown when she overdoses and suddenly chaos sets in before everything is settled. Take all those elements and stretch them out and you have the essence of Tarantino’s latest.

Tarantino makes you love what he loves. As he meanders through the warm backdrop of L.A. in the late 60’s you are drawn into that era which is set against the real life events of the Manson family being formed. All of the directors influences are in full force from Kung fu to spaghetti westerns to stuntmen and character actors.

The story focuses on a washed up actor and his stunt double friend (Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt respectively) coming to terms with their era ending as hippies and the counter culture descend on the valley. It’s all at once charming, suspenseful, and entertaining and probably my favorite Tarantino movie in years.

“And away we go...”

I won’t spoil anything here but if you are sick of the bloated summer superhero or action movies, a true love letter to cinema that takes its time but never wastes yours is in theaters right now. Go see it.

13. The Following 9 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood ★★★★★

My favorite Tarantino moment was Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace’s story of their evening together in Pulp Fiction. It starts slow, creates a character dynamic, and shows you as much as it tells you about these two people through dialogue, dancing, and an uncomfortably comfortable silence. Tension is created throughout their scenes then a curveball is thrown when she overdoses and suddenly chaos sets in before everything is settled. Take all those elements and stretch them out and you have the essence of Tarantino’s latest.

Tarantino makes you love what he loves. As he meanders through the warm backdrop of L.A. in the late 60’s you are drawn into that era which is set against the real life events of the Manson family being formed. All of the directors influences are in full force from Kung fu to spaghetti westerns to stuntmen and character actors.

The story focuses on a washed up actor and his stunt double friend (Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt respectively) coming to terms with their era ending as hippies and the counter culture descend on the valley. It’s all at once charming, suspenseful, and entertaining and probably my favorite Tarantino movie in years.

“And away we go...”

I won’t spoil anything here but if you are sick of the bloated summer superhero or action movies, a true love letter to cinema that takes its time but never wastes yours is in theaters right now. Go see it.

Missy had read that Lee's daughter was not pleased with Bruce's portrayal in this. Was it bad?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Missy had read that Lee's daughter was not pleased with Bruce's portrayal in this. Was it bad?
    Sharon Tate's friend was also upset but I think its silly because ultimately it doesn't matter in the context of the film which you finally understand after the credits roll (also there is a mid credits scene), but the scene with Lee was one of the best. Her complaint is that her father wouldn't act like that. There are no grounds for such complaints in this film in my opinion because ultimately it is a story in the truest sense of the word. DiCaprio and Pitts characters are fictional and represent multiple character actors of the time.

This film is as historically accurate as Inglorious Basterds was, in such that it features real events but in an alternate universe. This is the Tarantino universe where eventually his other characters will live after this film takes place. "Once Upon a Time..." in the title is the giveaway

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The Monster
    8/10

A 2016 indie horror flick about a mother and daughter who get stuck on the road on a dark, rainy night as a monster lurks. Between the horror scenes we see the hostile relationship between mother and daughter and flashbacks to what caused the relationship to be so tense. It's simple, yet wonderfully done. I think it only had 5 actors in it, and that includes the monster. It had a $3,000,000 budget and it looks like it, but that's not me putting it down. It's the perfect alternative to the special effect movies.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Anyone seen Midsommer yet?

I watched Lion King. Wasn't bad, mostly entertaining.

A few new Timone jokes were just stupid.

There was also an anti bullying scene that was a remake scene from the animated. I get it bullying = bad, but it sounded ugh when remembering the version of that scene from the animated.

I would probably give it a 6.5.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information