Page 968 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 468 868 918 958 966 967 968 969 970 978 1018 1068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually, The Dirt wasnt super close to accurate either but still enjoyable.
    That doesn't surprise me. I'm not a Motley Crue fan, but I just think it goes to show how botched the history in Bohemian Rhapsody really is.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Cool. Better than Bohemian Rhapsody movie?
    I’ve never seen B.R. My wife did almost fall over with the very first seen (at that party) of ‘The Dirt’. I laughed.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. I'm not a Motley Crue fan, but I just think it goes to show how botched the history in Bohemian Rhapsody really is.
    What is historically inaccurate with BR? I just watched it the other night with the family, I really liked it. Malek was amazing I thought. Totally deserved the Oscar. I dont know enough about the history of Queen to know what your referencing as far as historical inaccuracies.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What is historically inaccurate with BR? I just watched it the other night with the family, I really liked it. Malek was amazing I thought. Totally deserved the Oscar. I dont know enough about the history of Queen to know what your referencing as far as historical inaccuracies.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-check-746195/

They have some nitpicks at the beginning of this don’t bother me at all, how he met his lovers slightly differently (Hollywood expedience on that is fine) and how they mashed up a couple record execs to also expedite some time constraints.

These parts bothered me. I understand the want to climax the movie on that Live Aid performance, because it was awesome, but what they had to do to get there seems like it screwed things up:

The group never split up.
    The movie veers the furthest from reality in the build-up to their 1985 performance at Live Aid. There’s a dramatic scene where Freddie reveals that he’s signed a solo deal behind their back for $4 million and that he wants to take a long break from the band. The others are absolutely livid and they all go their separate ways. The truth is that everyone in the band was burned out in 1983 after being on the road for a solid decade. They all wanted a break. The movie makes it seem like they didn’t speak to Freddie for years, but they actually began work on The Works in late 1983 and were never estranged.
    Live Aid wasn’t a reunion.
    In the movie, the group isn’t even on speaking terms when they get the offer to play Live Aid in 1985, and they hadn’t done a gig in years. It never mentions that they released The Works in early 1984 and then toured it all over the world. The last show of the tour was just eight weeks before Live Aid. They were extremely well-rehearsed by the time that show hit, but the movie shows them having to make peace with each other and get back into playing shape. It makes the performance more dramatic, but that’s not how it happened.
    Freddie didn’t learn he was HIV-positive before Live Aid.
    During rehearsals for Live Aid in the movie, Freddie reveals to the band that he is HIV-positive, but he wants to keep the news completely private and focus all his attention on music. The exact time that Mercury learned he had the disease remains somewhat under dispute, but nearly everyone pins it as occurring sometime between 1986 and 1987. He almost certainly had no clue when the group was rehearsing for Live Aid.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-check-746195/

They have some nitpicks at the beginning of this don’t bother me at all, how he met his lovers slightly differently (Hollywood expedience on that is fine) and how they mashed up a couple record execs to also expedite some time constraints.

These parts bothered me. I understand the want to climax the movie on that Live Aid performance, because it was awesome, but what they had to do to get there seems like it screwed things up:
    Okay. Yeah seems like a lot of timeline manipulation for dramatic purposes. Still a really good movie IMHO and a good spotlight on a guy who seemed like a genuinely good person. I did some reading up on it and he did take care of the woman and even left her much of his estate. That seemed like a real stand up thing to do. It really seemed like he truly loved her. That part of the story was heartbreaking. When he told her he wanted to give her almost everything was very emotional and did a great job of portraying just how much he did love her.

Really good movie.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Okay. Yeah seems like a lot of timeline manipulation for dramatic purposes. Still a really good movie IMHO and a good spotlight on a guy who seemed like a genuinely good person. I did some reading up on it and he did take care of the woman and even left her much of his estate. That seemed like a real stand up thing to do. It really seemed like he truly loved her. That part of the story was heartbreaking. When he told her he wanted to give her almost everything was very emotional and did a great job of portraying just how much he did love her.

Really good movie.
    It was. I liked it, was entertained. Malek was great.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm trying to think of the number that someone would have to pay me to consider doing this... I don't think I'd do it for less than $1000.
    I have yet to watch a single Marvel movie. Not my cup. I'd charge $1000 per movie.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm 12 movies in with 9 to go. Guardians of the Galaxy came at the right time and gave the binge watch a nice pace change. Here is my ranking of the first 12 based solely on my tastes. I would acknowledge that quality of overall film vs things I personally enjoy don't always match up. For example, my favorite of the batch is an inferior "film" to a handful of others. But for some reason, I'd always choose it over the others and have seen it about 7 times. Here goes...

1-Captain America
    2-Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3-Avengers
    4-Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol.2
    5-Captain Marvel
    6-Guardians of the Galaxy
    7-Iron Man
    8-Thor
    9-Thor: Dark World
    10-Iron Man 3
    11-Iron Man 2
    12-Hulk

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I'm 12 movies in with 9 to go. Guardians of the Galaxy came at the right time and gave the binge watch a nice pace change. Here is my ranking of the first 12 based solely on my tastes. I would acknowledge that quality of overall film vs things I personally enjoy don't always match up. For example, my favorite of the batch is an inferior "film" to a handful of others. But for some reason, I'd always choose it over the others and have seen it about 7 times. Here goes...

1-Captain America
    3-Avengers
    5-Captain Marvel
    7-Iron Man
    8-Thor
    10-Iron Man 3
    11-Iron Man 2
    12-Hulk
    #Marveling

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

1-Captain America
    3-Avengers
    5-Captain Marvel
    7-Iron Man
    8-Thor
    10-Iron Man 3
    11-Iron Man 2
    12-Hulk
    No Black Panther huh?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No Black Panther huh?
    Haven't gotten there yet

20. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Really good movie.
    Yeah you just have to know going in that movies will never try to be historically accurate, they are going for emotion and tone unless they are a documentary. Some of the changes in Bohemian Rhapsody were strange, but they told the overarching story of Queen to a whole new generation of people and now my son won't stop listening to them. Then we have movies like the upcoming Elton John biopic that seem to want to be almost a fantasy retelling of his life which could be interesting:

I think one of the best examples of a movie based on real events that "got it wrong" in all the right ways was 300. Being a big history fan and avid reader on ancient times, I could pick that movie apart for all the historical inaccuracies but the brilliant thing they did (which was adapted beautifully from the graphic novel) was show that this was the story as relayed by Dilios, the Spartan soldier, as he was psyching up some troops for an upcoming battle. So while the Spartans did hold off the Persians while severely outnumbered, they didn't fight mystical beings or immortals. But in the timeless words of Matthew McConaughey...

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah you just have to know going in that movies will never try to be historically accurate, they are going for emotion and tone unless they are a documentary. Some of the changes in Bohemian Rhapsody were strange, but they told the overarching story of Queen to a whole new generation of people and now my son won't stop listening to them. Then we have movies like the upcoming Elton John biopic that seem to want to be almost a fantasy retelling of his life which could be interesting:

I think one of the best examples of a movie based on real events that "got it wrong" in all the right ways was 300. Being a big history fan and avid reader on ancient times, I could pick that movie apart for all the historical inaccuracies but the brilliant thing they did (which was adapted beautifully from the graphic novel) was show that this was the story as relayed by Dilios, the Spartan soldier, as he was psyching up some troops for an upcoming battle. So while the Spartans did hold off the Persians while severely outnumbered, they didn't fight mystical beings or immortals. But in the timeless words of Matthew McConaughey...

I’m completely ignoring the last paragraph. As far as I’m concerned, it was all real.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

26. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

1-Captain America
    3-Avengers
    5-Captain Marvel
    7-Iron Man
    8-Thor
    10-Iron Man 3
    11-Iron Man 2
    12-Hulk
    Water Board me

28. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information