Page 907 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 407 807 857 897 905 906 907 908 909 917 957 1007 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

'Trading Places' is such an awesome movie. Just finished watching.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Last Flag Flying on amazon prime

Interesting comedy/drama by Richard Linklater (Boyhood, Dazed and Confused, etc). More drama than comedy. It's basically a road trip movie featuring 3 former Vietnam vets and dealing with questions about war and the government and what not. I enjoyed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: 9/10 Entertaining but sometimes uneven Western anthology from the legendary Cohen brothers. My favorite is the darkly comic opening salvo of the titular Buster Scruggs going from Saloon to Saloon dispensing singing cowboy justice. Nice little gem of a movie you can watch on Netflix right now!

There were moments where it was great, but as a whole I am a bit disappointed.

1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - This was a fun take on western mythology and I enjoyed it very much.
    2. Near Algodones - Enjoyed this one as well. "First time?"
    3. Meal Ticket - Boring, hated it and nearly fell asleep.
    4. All Gold Canyon - I was a bit lethargic from #3 so I wasn't taken with it at first, but by the end of it I really liked it. Tom Waits is a badass.
    5. The Gal Who Got Rattled - In some moments it wasn't the most exciting, but by the end I enjoyed it and wished this one could have been fleshed out a little more in place of some of these other chapters.
    6. The Mortal Remains - The Trapper was funny, but this was right with #3 as the worst.

If i'm gonna rank my favorite chapters: 1 = 2 > 4 = 5 >>>>>> 6 > 3

Overall too uneven for me. Has the Coen bros signature dialogue, black humor, bleak violence, but is just too boring in parts. Worth a watch of course, but could have cut down on some parts and made it a better movie.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - This was a fun take on western mythology and I enjoyed it very much.
    4. All Gold Canyon - I was a bit lethargic from #3 so I wasn't taken with it at first, but by the end of it I really liked it. Tom Waits is a badass.
    5. The Gal Who Got Rattled - In some moments it wasn't the most exciting, but by the end I enjoyed it and wished this one could have been fleshed out a little more in place of some of these other chapters.
    6. The Mortal Remains - The Trapper was funny, but this was right with #3 as the worst.

Overall too uneven for me. Has the Coen bros signature dialogue, black humor, bleak violence, but is just too boring in parts. Worth a watch of course, but could have cut down on some parts and made it a better movie.
    I think I liked it because it was uneven, but there were no outright bad sequences. Some seem to end too soon, and others weren't quite as fleshed out as I had hoped. Still, the movie seemed like a reflection on the old west and those types of movies without ever forcing a happy ending to any one of the stories. Never felt myself bored with it though, so that may be a good warning to those who find the Cohen brothers a low dry and plodding at times.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That first time comment was hilarious, so was shooting of the guys fingers. But I share your assessment overall

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I think I liked it because it was uneven, but there were no outright bad sequences. Some seem to end too soon, and others weren't quite as fleshed out as I had hoped. Still, the movie seemed like a reflection on the old west and those types of movies without ever forcing a happy ending to any one of the stories. Never felt myself bored with it though, so that may be a good warning to those who find the Cohen brothers a low dry and plodding at times.
    The disappointing thing is I love just about everything the Coens have done! I appreciate the vignette idea and getting six different snapshots of life in the old west. The scenery in All Gold Canyon was gorgeous. Not a bad movie, just not up to par for what i'm used to seeing with the Coens. And i'm still waiting for them to make some film adaptation for a Flannery O'Conner story.

Rank the chapters!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Rank the chapters!
    1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (I could watch a whole movie with this character)
    2. All Gold Canyon
    3. The Gal Who Got Rattled
    4. Near Algodones
    5. The Mortal Remains
    6. Meal Ticket

That being said while not up there with the Cohen brothers best, I like the fact that they can experiment with a little film like this on Netflix. Also noted even though The Mortal Remains is number 5 in my rankings I loved that one for some reason. Felt like a good section of a stage play. "PEOPLE ARE LIKE FERRETS!"

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (I could watch a whole movie with this character)
    2. All Gold Canyon
    3. The Gal Who Got Rattled
    4. Near Algodones
    5. The Mortal Remains
    6. Meal Ticket

That being said while not up there with the Cohen brothers best, I like the fact that they can experiment with a little film like this on Netflix. Also noted even though The Mortal Remains is number 5 in my rankings I loved that one for some reason. Felt like a good section of a stage play. "PEOPLE ARE LIKE FERRETS!"
    Where does it fit in your rankings of theirs?

Also - do you have letterboxd?

https://letterboxd.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Where does it fit in your rankings of theirs?

Also - do you have letterboxd?

https://letterboxd.com/
    Oh! For ALL Cohen Brothers movies these are my top 5:

1. Fargo
    2. The Big Lebowski
    3. No Country for Old Men
    4. O' Brother, Where Art Thou?
    5. Raising Arizona/True Grit (TIE)

And no, I don't have letterboxd.

EDIT: I am now a member of Letterboxd. Kind of a pain in the ass but will be fun to fill in some reviews later.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 11-25-2018 at 02:25 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The Ballard of Buster Scruggs. I’ll give it a 6/10 because I liked two of the stories.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The Ballard of Buster Scruggs. I’ll give it a 6/10 because I liked two of the stories.
    You can't just pop in and do this without ranking the stories!

18. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I refuse to rate the movie or rank the chapters. Bugger off Abe!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I refuse to rate the movie or rank the chapters. Bugger off Abe!
    ...it's the name of the thread!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

...it's the name of the thread!!!!
    Good day sir!

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Good movie, left me wanting more.
    I kept seeing it on Netflix, but didn't realize it was about Robert the Bruce. May have to check it out. Being of Scottish/Irish heritage, I dig stuff like this. I loved Braveheart when I first saw it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information