Page 879 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 379 779 829 869 877 878 879 880 881 889 929 979 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,185 of 17555

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I love the hobbit and tolkien, those movies are awful lol....

This coming from someone who is a big fan of both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
    I throw them on because they're fun and light-hearted in nature. Some of the scenes are money - and some of them are just goofy. Others are horrendous. But mostly they pissed me off when they came out but on a rewatch I just changed my expectations and all of a sudden I had three new movies to like and enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I've never seen a LOTR movie

3. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The ring represents power and Tolkien was a philosophical anarchist with traces of that douchebag you sort of like. The ******** who moved around to be around nature and all that shit. He wrote Walden or some trash like that.

You'd like them. They're very much a movie about keeping the destination in mind while taking heed of the journey as the journey is what builds you.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let us speak more of Hobbitses. Nothing gets the snobby movie people more hot under the collar than they.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Let us speak more of Hobbitses. Nothing gets the snobby movie people more hot under the collar than they.
    Note that the LOTR trilogy is considered one of the greatest trilogies ever and is widely accepted by the experts that movie snobs cling to.

I think to be a real movie snob you would have to have some appreciation for the franchise.

The Godfather wasn't a great trilogy, but LOTR was. Think about that, man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The Godfather "trilogy" isn't really a trilogy because Godfather III was an after-thought money-grab. Just forget Godfather III even exists.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Please. Movie snobs would have been at the theater with me at the Esquire yesterday watching a Fred Rogers documentary with a bunch of old ******** and eating overpriced vegan cookies.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The ring represents power and Tolkien was a philosophical anarchist with traces of that douchebag you sort of like. The ******** who moved around to be around nature and all that shit. He wrote Walden or some trash like that.

You'd like them. They're very much a movie about keeping the destination in mind while taking heed of the journey as the journey is what builds you.
    I definitely don't think I would like them, which is why I haven't seen any of them yet. They sound lame.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I, surprisingly, saw all of them... Though I never read the books. It's a fine trilogy and all, but they could have just wrapped it all up into one 2-hour movie. How many hobgoblins do we really need to see them vanquish along the way?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I, surprisingly, saw all of them... Though I never read the books. It's a fine trilogy and all, but they could have just wrapped it all up into one 2-hour movie. How many hobgoblins do we really need to see them vanquish along the way?
    The books are similar. I swear to god in the books the Hobbits would sing about breakfast for 5 ******* pages. I skipped through lots of it when I read it and never revisited. High fantasy is a hard genre for me to get into, but the movies were fine. Though not as good as Star Wars:

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The books are similar. I swear to god in the books the Hobbits would sing about breakfast for 5 ******* pages. I skipped through lots of it when I read it and never revisited. High fantasy is a hard genre for me to get into, but the movies were fine. Though not as good as Star Wars:

Star Wars has a worse cast, worse story, worse acting, and dumber hardcore fans. I will fly out to wherever you live and one of us can die tonight!

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't care for Star Wars or LOTR all that much, but if I have to choose a nerd thing to associate myself with, Star Wars all the way.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Star Wars has a worse cast, worse story, worse acting, and dumber hardcore fans. I will fly out to wherever you live and one of us can die tonight!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Because that was the story! And parts still got left out. You’re a monster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Because that was the story! And parts still got left out. You’re a monster.
    If they did that it would have felt like the parties encountered new people every five seconds after traveling great distances of land in a short amount of time. The pacing would have been off and the character development wouldn't work.

Hobbits are for intellectuals.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information