Page 876 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 376 776 826 866 874 875 876 877 878 886 926 976 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Blockers

Starring - John Cena

5/10

Death Wish

Starring - Bruce Willis

7/10
    I saw the DW movie a week or so ago. I agree with your rating. Problem is as much as i love Willis as an action guy he simply is no Bronson in that role.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm borderline curious only because I really love Sandra Bullock.

Thanks to Ghostbusters: all men suck edition I have low expectations of it. I don't get why they have to gender swap for the sake of gender swapping. This is like a reboot no one asked for, but I might check it out when it comes to DVD.
    They gender swap so for the first time, 50% of our children can identity with screen idols not in the role of a demure secretary or quirky love interest of the main character.

No way would my 12 year old watch a crime heist caper normally, but the all female cast made it appealing for her.

So with a bit of luck, she will aspire to be a criminal mastermind

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

We live in different worlds.
    Last edited by Poet; 06-23-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    They gender swap so for the first time, 50% of our children can identity with screen idols not in the role of a demure secretary or quirky love interest of the main character.

No way would my 12 year old watch a crime heist caper normally, but the all female cast made it appealing for her.

So with a bit of luck, she will aspire to be a criminal mastermind
    But why not make an original story? The whole gender swapping thing make sense when done right (Battlestar Galactica and Starbuck/Kara Thrace is a good example) But most of the time it's just pointless.

Ghostbusters as an example...It was a horrible film.

I'm all for strong female characters in movies, but don't make crappy reboots for the sake of strong female characters, just make better movies with strong female characters. You don't have to butcher the hell out of an existing franchise to accomplish that.

Now, I'll give Oceans 8 the benefit of the doubt, but I'm very wary of it because of the crappy job Hollywood has been doing on these sorts of reboots thus far.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But why not make an original story? The whole gender swapping thing make sense when done right (Battlestar Galactica and Starbuck/Kara Thrace is a good example) But most of the time it's just pointless.

I'm all for strong female characters in movies, but don't make crappy reboots for the sake of strong female characters, just make better movies with strong female characters. You don't have to butcher the hell out of an existing franchise to accomplish that.

Now, I'll give Oceans 8 the benefit of the doubt, but I'm very wary of it because of the crappy job Hollywood has been doing on these sorts of reboots thus far.
    All this ^

Even in my review of the all female Ghostbusters i had very little criticism of the actresses themselves but the horrible position they were put in. They were nothing more than an afterthought for that movie and were given a shit sandwich of a script to work with. While it would be nice to see more female driven movies it seems its only done to appease the feminists and whiners and not because they actually "care" about using them. Its the same type of issue i have had with Rowling and her sudden complaints about POC in films. Im like "uh? you had some creative control of the films about Potter yet you did nothing to promote POC in those films" and all of sudden it means something to you?" Hollywood needs to quit being reactionary and more proactive with stuff like this and if they are going to start featuring more women and POC than start giving them better scripts and more original movies to work with. Quit with the subpar hand me downs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wonder Woman was one of the best three comic book movies of the last five years (Logan and Black Panther).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I guess Ghostbusters was never made with you as the intended primary viewer.

They know that franchise name will make money, so they reboot lots of movies. They have rebooted 2 with female casts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wonder Woman was one of the best three comic book movies of the last five years (Logan and Black Panther).
    Watched Black Panther with my son last night. It was awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I guess Ghostbusters was never made with you as the intended primary viewer.

They know that franchise name will make money, so they reboot lots of movies. They have rebooted 2 with female casts.
    like 144 million to make 76 million. In Hollywood. That means it lost money. Because at its core it’s a crap movie.

14. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    like 144 million to make 76 million. In Hollywood. That means it lost money. Because at its core it’s a crap movie.
    I'm cool with the crap movie analysis.

But that is different to berating it on the grounds it is a all female reboot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm cool with the crap movie analysis.

But that is different to berating it on the grounds it is a all female reboot.
    Don’t you think they can make new, better franchises/movies with strong female characters that are every bit the hero to a young woman, while making money, which ensures more movies of that ilk, at the same time? I completely understand where you’re coming from with a daughter, and agree that more diverse leads is not a bad thing. But by rebooting a movie that didn’t do well (I’m one that stayed away because of bad reviews, and still haven’t watched it), they only make accomplishing that goal harder.

That all said, if Ocean’s 8 is as witty and fun as the others, I will likely watch it and rewatch it when it hits TBS. I probably won’t be going to the theater to see it though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

On the subject of strong female roles as designed by entertainers, the best ever has to be Wendy Rhoads from Billions, played by Maggie Siff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Don’t you think they can make new, better franchises/movies with strong female characters that are every bit the hero to a young woman, while making money, which ensures more movies of that ilk, at the same time? I completely understand where you’re coming from with a daughter, and agree that more diverse leads is not a bad thing. But by rebooting a movie that didn’t do well (I’m one that stayed away because of bad reviews, and still haven’t watched it), they only make accomplishing that goal harder.

That all said, if Ocean’s 8 is as witty and fun as the others, I will likely watch it and rewatch it when it hits TBS. I probably won’t be going to the theater to see it though.
    Of course they can, and I am sure they will.

But the same could be said about every Batman reboot.... Why not make better original movies

this is not about me having daughters, this is just about me recognising the benefits to placing females in roles that previously have been exclusively male for all kids

I watched the new Ghostbusters, it wasn't a great movie but to denigrate it because it was all female seems like a faulty narrative..... Lots of all male movies suck, lots of movies suck.

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

this one is for Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Of course they can, and I am sure they will.

But the same could be said about every Batman reboot.... Why not make better original movies

this is not about me having daughters, this is just about me recognising the benefits to placing females in roles that previously have been exclusively male for all kids

I watched the new Ghostbusters, it wasn't a great movie but to denigrate it because it was all female seems like a faulty narrative..... Lots of all male movies suck, lots of movies suck.
    I don't disagree with this at all, especially the part about just making better movies. Although I might quibble with your Batman takes if you're referencing The Dark Knight series. If you're referencing Ben Affleck's version, yeah, he can **** right off.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information