Page 860 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 360 760 810 850 858 859 860 861 862 870 910 960 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 17557

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I never saw avatar. Is it worth a look?
    It's a cool looking movie, but it's basically Dances with Wolves via the Smurfs.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It's a cool looking movie, but it's basically Dances with Wolves via the Smurfs.
    I couldn't get into it.

If you have HBO, it's coming on for free next week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I enjoyed it, but it's long.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I enjoyed it, but it's long.
    I think it made so much money because it was one of the first movies to really use 3-D effectively. I remember thinking of how cool the 3-d looked for the first 20 minutes in the theater, then my eyes just kinda got used to it. It is a VERY long movie. I don't think I've seen it but the one time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think it made so much money because it was one of the first movies to really use 3-D effectively. I remember thinking of how cool the 3-d looked for the first 20 minutes in the theater, then my eyes just kinda got used to it. It is a VERY long movie. I don't think I've seen it but the one time.
    I did not see it in a theater, and for some reason I decided to purchase it rather than rent it, so I’ve watched it a couple times all the way through. Obviously I haven’t seen the 3-D version (I generally don’t like 3-D movies).

It has an overt tree-hugger theme, but it’s a good movie.

As an aside, the lead actor, Sam Worthington, was in The Titan on Netflix recently. That’s another interesting take on humans trying to colonize another planet (although he doesn’t actually leave the planet in that one).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Avengers: Infinity War - 7/10
    (Warning: Spoilers)

To Be or Not to Be, That is a Definite Question
    Alright, so after mulling over the latest installment of the Avengers I have now at least on the surface figured out where I rank it. Surprisingly both Missy and I came away feeling virtually the same in regards to certain aspects and the overall feeling of the flick. DonÂ’t get me wrong, this movie is good and entertaining so despite my reluctance to rate it as low as I did feel that it definitely fits my feelings on it. Granted, a good portion of my rating is probably based more on emotion than some of the other things I will point out here.

Isotoner Glove of the Titans
    For those who do not keep up with these movies this is a quick synopsis of what this flick is all about. You got a guy named Thanos who basically wants to create some havoc in the universe and thus has managed to get a glove forged to be equipped with 6 powerful stones. However, he doesnÂ’t have all the stones and must race across the galaxy to obtain them. Obviously, the heroes in the Marvel Universe are obligated to try and stop him.

Identity Crisis
    The film picks up pretty much where Thor: Ragnarok left off with the Asgardians aboard a spaceship after having to leave Asgard. However, as we soon learn the ship has been attacked and most of the asgardians are dead except for Thor and his brother Loki. I wont get into too much detail here as I donÂ’t want to spoil too much but at one point the Hulk makes an attempt to conjure up Hulkamania to try and stop Thanos from killing the brothers. But it doesnÂ’t take long for Thanos to make the Hulkster his bitch before moving on to other endeavors.

But the fight between Thanos and Hulk is a interesting one because for the rest of the movie Banner has a difficult time changing into the Hulk despite there not being any real reason why. So my theory is that the Hulk after facing a beatdown at the hands of Thanos became “scared” and thus failed to make an appearance when Banner needed him to. The moments when Banner tried to change yet couldn’t was clearly kind of funny and im sure there is a good “having a hard time performing” or “need a blue pill” joke in there somewhere.

By the Power of Red Skull
    Oh yea, you forgot about him didn’t you? I know I did. For those more familiar with the Marvel series you may recall way back to CA: The First Avenger when CA’s foe was none other than Red Skull. Last we had seen he got warped out to somewhere by the Tesseract never to be heard of again. Until now…

As Thanos is searching he galaxy for his stones he happens upon a reaper-ish looking ghoul (Missy called him a Dementor which got a chuckle out of me). Who is basically a guide for how the “Soul” stone is too be achieved. Red Skull doesn’t do much outside of give Thanos the information that he needs to achieve the stone but it was kind of fun to see him back after so long.

The Rise and Fall of Sodom and Gamora
    There are a couple of characters that I have a problem with in this flick. One is Dr. Strange and the other is Gamora. Sure, she is easy on the eyes despite being green and lets face it, she can kick ass when need be. But here she has knowledge of one particular stone that her and only her knows about. Thanos, who is her adoptive father (not by choice) knows her only to well. So my problem is Gamora knows that Thanos should not achieve all the stones or it could mean very bad shit for the rest of us. So what does she do? She and the Guardians (at least Drax and Starlord) go after him! Bright idea genius! Yea, so you can only imagine the shit show that follows.

Thunderstruck
    For anyone who knows me they know that one of my favorite Avengers is of course, THOR, the God of Thunder. Lets face it, the dude is badass and Hemsworth has done a marvelous job of portraying the character (see what I did there?). Anyway, in Ragnarok he ends up losing his hammer because his sister is a big fem-nazi and crushed it in her hand like a pair of balls so he has now come up with a plan to have a new weapon forged for him. Ok, that’s great but again my problem is the weapon he got was supposed to be able to destroy Thanos and while it annoyed him like a mosquito bite it didn’t do what it was really supposed to do. Ill get back to this a little more later.

A Strange Man Indeed
    Ah yes, Dr. Strange. I aint going to lie, this character is probably one of my least favorites and I really didn’t care for the movie all that much. But that isn’t my bigger problem with Strange. Nope. My bigger problem is (much like Gamora) homeboy talked a lot of shit about saving humanity and would not risk that for just one or couple of Avengers if it came down to it. And considering ol’ butterfingers also happens to have one of the stones that Thanos is looking for it means humanity should be golden right? Oh no no no no. Of course not.

So Thanos is about ready to obliterate Tony Stark/Iron Man and all of a sudden Dr. Strangelove decides that Tony is more valuable than the rest of the universe. So again, this is a key moment of what NOT to do when trying to save the galaxy. Not only did Strange make the wrong call he also happened to possess a stone that allowed time travel which is very key to the end of the film.

Help Me Wanda, You’re My Only Hope
    If anyone caught CA: Civil War than you probably noticed Vision crushing hard on Wanda aka Scarlet Witch. So it was inevitable that the two would end up together in some way. Going into this film I already knew that a few Avengers would bite it. However, some of the ones that ended up being dismissed from life kind of irritates me, Scarlet Witch being one of them but ill get back to that a little later as well.

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
    So I explained how I knew some characters might pass away in this dogfight with Thanos but the way that some of the Avengers died was just plain… what shall I say? Inadequate. Or Stupid.
    I know I know, Thanos is a supreme being and has his power glove of destiny and what not. But seriously???? The amount of Avengers that simply dissipated and turned to ash without a proper fight was a travesty. And getting back to the ones who perished I just cant help but be further annoyed by the ones lucky enough to draw the short straws. It seemed the Avengers that got killed off were also some of the more complex and interesting of the bunch.
    Watching Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, and Black Panther evaporate like bitches without a proper death fight was less than stellar for me. Those characters were so much cooler than some of the main ones for me.

I Just Called to Say Hello
    So I don’t know how many of you who have seen this stayed til after the credits. Yes, they apparently have another installment in the works but it was the scene with Nick Fury that I was a little curious about. Before Fury calls it a day he is seen texting or sending a message to someone which is only signified by a symbol of some kind. Some rumors are it has to do with Capt. Marvel but I do not know this for sure. If anyone can give confirmation on what it meant that would be appreciated.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I was watching it today with my son. If you look for a heavy handed moral tale about imperialism it's there. If you want to see blue CGI humanoids riding weird dragon type creatures among floating rock islands with waterfalls, phosphorescent jungle biomes, and an entertaining flick, it's there.

The 'message' doesn't ruin it for me, I'll do my own moral heavy lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I never saw Avatar as anything more than a fantasy movie. I never found the need to look at it anymore than that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I was watching it today with my son. If you look for a heavy handed moral tale about imperialism it's there. If you want to see blue CGI humanoids riding weird dragon type creatures among floating rock islands with waterfalls, phosphorescent jungle biomes, and an entertaining flick, it's there.

The 'message' doesn't ruin it for me, I'll do my own moral heavy lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I never saw Avatar as anything more than a fantasy movie. I never found the need to look at it anymore than that.
    It's a fun movie, but it did nothing to hide its political ideology. I never let that stuff get in the way of my entertainment.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Infinity Chamber.

6/10

MOVIE INFO

A man must outsmart a computer in order to escape an automated prison.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Day Before Tomorrow - 7/10

Cool apocalyptic tale. I realize now that I have a fetish for extreme weather, especially icy weather. Any other movies like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Cool apocalyptic tale. I realize now that I have a fetish for extreme weather, especially icy weather. Any other movies like this?
    6 years too late, but a decent disaster flick if you’ve never seen it is 2012

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The Black Panther

Honestly, this has to be the most overrated movie ever. I don't get what the hype was. The movie was ok but not worthy of a top 5 all time box office. So glad I streamed this for free.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Everest might be your thing.

20. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

6 years too late, but a decent disaster flick if you’ve never seen it is 2012

I watched the first hour and 15 minutes of this based on your recommendation last week. Was in the mood for a good doomsday flick. It was weird how it wanted to be a slapstick and a thriller. Next time just give me Armageddon and save the jokes! But overall I derived the entertainment I needed, so thank you.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information