Page 853 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 903 953 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Isle of Dogs - 9.5/10

I've always like the idea of Wes Anderson movies more than I like the actual movies. They are often aesthetically pleasing, witty, but sometimes collapse under their own smugness. My favorites of his are probably Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums, but the one movie I love unequivocally was Fantastic Mr. Fox. That movie allowed him to use all of his meticulous and creative talents in a very controlled environment and the result was magical, so when I heard he was doing another stop motion animation film with Isle of Dogs that was a no-brainer for me to see.

From the first drum beats to the last, this movie unfolds in a wonderfully creative way and pulls you along for the ride. I took my son, wife, and a friend to see this and we were all engaged throughout the film thanks to wonderful visuals, snappy dialogue, and a simple and kinetic story with just the right mix of humor and emotion. Not only is this a great Wes Anderson film, it is a testament to all of his best qualities as a filmmaker and has easily created one of the most unique and memorable experiences I have had at a theater in quite a while. Plus I really love dogs and many dogs in the movie reminded me of dogs I've had in my life, so I may be biased on this one.

The only 2 Wes Anderson movies I've ever liked were The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Fantastic Mr. Fox, both of which I absolutely loved. Granted, there are quite a few of his movies I haven't bothered to watch, in fact I kind of watched TGBH on accident, it was on and I wasn't paying attention at first then I was drawn in and have watched it again with my wife. Anyway, I might have to watch this based on my love for TFMF.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

A Quite Place 10/10

Best horror movie I've seen in a long time. Best movie so far of 2018.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    A Quite Place 10/10

the QUITE place?

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    the QUITE place?
    You haven't heard of it? It's quite scary!

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Oops.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

A Quite Place 10/10

I don't normally do horror movies. I really want to see that movie. It looks phenominal. It's crazy to think of Jim from the Office being such a good serious actor, but he's got some amazing acting chops. It's on my must watch list, I just gotta find time to go see it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't normally do horror movies. I really want to see that movie. It looks phenominal. It's crazy to think of Jim from the Office being such a good serious actor, but he's got some amazing acting chops. It's on my must watch list, I just gotta find time to go see it.
    It's really good. Really cool fact about this film is that one of the actors who plays a deaf girl is deaf in real life and she was phenomenal. Every acting performance is absolutely top notch.

I loved Get Out which came out last year and was tier 1 for horror but in all honesty I think A Quiet Place is a better film. I don't think it will get as many accolades but IMHO it's a slightly (very slightly) better film.

The cinematography was very good and it's very apparent that John Krasinski has some serious directing chops. He wrote, directed and starred in this film.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's really good. Really cool fact about this film is that one of the actors who plays a deaf girl is deaf in real life and she was phenomenal. Every acting performance is absolutely top notch.

I loved Get Out which came out last year and was tier 1 for horror but in all honesty I think A Quiet Place is a better film. I don't think it will get as many accolades but IMHO it's a slightly (very slightly) better film.

The cinematography was very good and it's very apparent that John Krasinski has some serious directing chops. He wrote, directed and starred in this film.
    Are the films related?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Are the films related?
    No. I only bring up Get Out because I think A Quiet Place and Get Out are the two best horror movies of the last 5 or so years. They're both heads and shoulders above the vast majority of the other films from that genre in the last few years that I thought a comparison of the two was apropos.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No. I only bring up Get Out because I think A Quiet Place and Get Out are the two best horror movies of the last 5 or so years. They're both heads and shoulders above the vast majority of the other films from that genre in the last few years that I thought a comparison of the two was apropos.
    I saw quiet place and read sunken place.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I've seen neither of these horror films but I am interested in seeing them now. horror films usually suck. the last good one to me was the ring. that movie messed me up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao oh boy...best horror film in the last few years huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lmao oh boy...best horror film in the last few years huh?
    ok, now what is that supposed to mean? I mean just say it North.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    ok, now what is that supposed to mean? I mean just say it North.
    Nope. I will be good. Lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll clarify, they were the best horror movies I'VE SEEN in the last couple of years. I shouldn't have to add that because that should be implied. I can't judge movies I haven't seen, except the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, i haven't seen that movie but it sucks.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information