Page 852 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 ... LastLast
Results 12,766 to 12,780 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

The Last Jedi. Easily the best Star Wars movie ever. 9/10. Just below Shawshank/Godfather level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The Last Jedi. Easily the best Star Wars movie ever. 9/10. Just below Shawshank/Godfather level.
    Shane is not here anymore so you can stop trolling him. That was probably the worst SW movie ever. It sucked so bad.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Shane is not here anymore so you can stop trolling him. That was probably the worst SW movie ever. It sucked so bad.
    Oh god no it did not. It was incredible. I ******* loved it. I own it. I never buy movies. I like it so much I might actually want to talk with Shake about it, and that guy's awful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Tomb Raider. 7. I liked it. Alicia Vikander makes a good Lara Croft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

King Arthur

Or as it should be called

Game of lock stock and two smoking thrones

Not bad. 6/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Ready Player One - 8.5/10

For a movie that bills itself on nostalgia and pop culture references, this was a surprisingly creative film with a fresh and simple story. I would say its basically Willy Wonka meets Tron (Willy Tronka?) and I liked the underlying message. Basically in the future everyone chooses to live their lives almost entirely in virtual reality called The Oasis because real life is a shit show. The creator of this world was a genius, but a flawed one. Before he died, he set out a challenge to all the players to find 3 keys that would ultimately prove they were worthy to take over his shares in the company and run the Oasis as they see fit.

I won't go into the rest of the story here, but just know the previews betray just how fun this flick can be. During the quest for the second key, there is a Stanley Kubrick homage that recreates a certain hotel from one of his best movies to the point that you would almost think they built the damn sets just for this part of the film. This movie is Buff's worst nightmare, as the "key" to finding the keys is to be well versed in the pop-culture references that the creator of the Oasis was obsessed with. But at the end the moral of the story is that what we treasure in the real world is truly what matters, and I think that is an important message these days. But if you are a big nerd like me, you will be picking out little details almost everywhere in certain scenes with references abound from Back to the Future to Japanese anime.

This is golden age Spielberg imagination at it's best and a welcome reprieve from some of his more serious movies as of late which have been hit or miss.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Moonlight

9/10 The movie is very biographical to me. I will watch again so I can give a less emotional review.

12. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Detroit.
    9.8/10

Brilliant yet alarming and infuriating. They done a great job of creating emotion in the viewer.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I watched the Disaster Artist the other day. 9/10. HILARIOUS, and man does James Franco do an amazing job of capturing the original guy perfectly. At the very end they show side by side of parts of Disaster Artist with the same part of the original movie and it's uncanny. I can't wait to see The Room now, the "worst movie ever made". In fact, they're playing it in an old theater in Uptown New Orleans this Sunday, the wife and I have tickets and both Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero will be there, do a Q&A after the movie, sign autographs, etc. Should be a fun night!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Room is a funny, bizarre experience.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I watched the Disaster Artist the other day. 9/10. HILARIOUS, and man does James Franco do an amazing job of capturing the original guy perfectly. At the very end they show side by side of parts of Disaster Artist with the same part of the original movie and it's uncanny. I can't wait to see The Room now, the "worst movie ever made". In fact, they're playing it in an old theater in Uptown New Orleans this Sunday, the wife and I have tickets and both Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero will be there, do a Q&A after the movie, sign autographs, etc. Should be a fun night!
    The Room is a 10/10. The absolute worst movie I have ever seen and I loved every minute of it. We watched it on Thanksgiving at my uncle's house. We do a bad movie viewing every year after thanksgiving. We watched Mac&Me one year, it was glorious.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The Room is a 10/10. The absolute worst movie I have ever seen and I loved every minute of it. We watched it on Thanksgiving at my uncle's house. We do a bad movie viewing every year after thanksgiving. We watched Mac&Me one year, it was glorious.
    Oh lord, no Thanksgiving bad movie watching is complete without the ultimate Thanksgiving bad movie: Thankskilling.

Trust me, you'll love it.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Have you watched Shawshank on Thanksgiving yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Isle of Dogs - 9.5/10

I've always like the idea of Wes Anderson movies more than I like the actual movies. They are often aesthetically pleasing, witty, but sometimes collapse under their own smugness. My favorites of his are probably Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums, but the one movie I love unequivocally was Fantastic Mr. Fox. That movie allowed him to use all of his meticulous and creative talents in a very controlled environment and the result was magical, so when I heard he was doing another stop motion animation film with Isle of Dogs that was a no-brainer for me to see.

From the first drum beats to the last, this movie unfolds in a wonderfully creative way and pulls you along for the ride. I took my son, wife, and a friend to see this and we were all engaged throughout the film thanks to wonderful visuals, snappy dialogue, and a simple and kinetic story with just the right mix of humor and emotion. Not only is this a great Wes Anderson film, it is a testament to all of his best qualities as a filmmaker and has easily created one of the most unique and memorable experiences I have had at a theater in quite a while. Plus I really love dogs and many dogs in the movie reminded me of dogs I've had in my life, so I may be biased on this one.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Have you watched Shawshank on Thanksgiving yet?
    You son of a ...........
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information