Page 821 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 819 820 821 822 823 831 871 921 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 17557

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swf1_0.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	11357

Last night, I finished the whole season. SIMPLY AWESOME!

However, I do not like episode 7: The Lost Sister. It is like a spinoff episode or it was off the subject. Episode 8 is the best episode of season 2 in my opinion.

I laughed my ass off after I saw Dustin's new hairstyle and he is my favorite character in Stranger Thing movie. Great ending and there will be 3rd season next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post

Name:	swf1_0.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	11357

Last night, I finished the whole season. SIMPLY AWESOME!

However, I do not like episode 7: The Lost Sister. It is like a spinoff episode or it was off the subject. Episode 8 is the best episode of season 2 in my opinion.

I laughed my ass off after I saw Dustin's new hairstyle and he is my favorite character in Stranger Thing movie. Great ending and there will be 3rd season next year.
    Why did you think that "The Lost Sister" was off the subject if you mind me asking? There was a connection between the girls going back to when they were young and the powers they both had. If anything, i think that episode will open the doors for something down the road even perhaps into Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Thor: Ragnarok 7.5/10

Really fun but tonally all over the place. Once I finally allowed myself to let the movie take me along for the ride I enjoyed it more but some of the humor was very hit or miss. Cool action sequences but a pretty basic story with lots of starts and stops. The movie wanted to be as fun as Guardians of the Galaxy but sometimes it forgot to be it's own thing. Chris Hemsworth does have a knack for comedic timing, though. To me this was a mid-tier Marvel movie that was propelled by some sharp humor that worked in spurts and a good soundtrack with sharp visuals. A fun night at the movies and I had a good time so I guess you can't ask for much more than that from a comic book flick.
    Watching this one today. I have high hopes, I love the Thor movies, but the second Thor movie was a step down from the first, hope this isn't a further step down. But the first was my favorite marvel movie so tough to top.
    Last edited by Rick; 11-05-2017 at 10:35 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why did you think that "The Lost Sister" was off the subject if you mind me asking? There was a connection between the girls going back to when they were young and the powers they both had. If anything, i think that episode will open the doors for something down the road even perhaps into Season 3.
    It felt different. Obviously, it was supposed to, though. My worry while watching that episode is that Stranger Things was going down the Heroes/Comic Book BS route. My reservations were quashed in the next episode, but it definitely was a departure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Watching this one today. I have high hopes, I love the Thor movies, but the second Thor movie was a step down from the first, hope this isn't a further step down. But the first was my favorite marvel movie so tough to top.
    I really enjoyed the first Thor as well as it had a great balance of humor and action. This one seems to want to be a comedy first and the first third of the movie is really confusing as they quickly try to set everything up. I think it really settles down in the second act and coasts to a nice finish, but it is a bit jarring at first. There were some really heavy scenes of death and destruction that are immediately wiped away with a quick joke. The first Guardians of the Galaxy used humor the most effectively of all the Marvel movies, but I almost want to say this Thor was a straight up comedy and the laughs don't flow from the story organically. Most of the script was improv and you can tell they worked backwards from that with the story. This is the same director of What We Do in the Shadows so some interesting choices were made but it just didn't quite work for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I was surprised to read how much pushback there was with this episode. I thought it was a good episode and gave Eleven a story arc and some closure to her past.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

After watching a shitty football game I need Thor to be good tonight...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Watched the first quarter of The Hateful Eight.

Has promise. Someone tell me if Im wasting my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Took me two days to finish but I loved it. Last half hour is classic Tarantino.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

You've seen the best part of it. Sorry.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Thor: Ragnarok 7.5/10

Really fun but tonally all over the place. Once I finally allowed myself to let the movie take me along for the ride I enjoyed it more but some of the humor was very hit or miss. Cool action sequences but a pretty basic story with lots of starts and stops. The movie wanted to be as fun as Guardians of the Galaxy but sometimes it forgot to be it's own thing. Chris Hemsworth does have a knack for comedic timing, though. To me this was a mid-tier Marvel movie that was propelled by some sharp humor that worked in spurts and a good soundtrack with sharp visuals. A fun night at the movies and I had a good time so I guess you can't ask for much more than that from a comic book flick.
    Pretty accurate rating.

I did thoroughly enjoy it though and will buy it but it did not come close to the first movie. All 3 of us agreed that they were pushing the cheesy lines too much. It was a good movie though.

17. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

It’s a half smart, gory who done it. It’s worth a D+.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

The Lost Sister is the most divisive episode. I did not feel connected to episode 7. It was all about Eleven with a new group and it didn't feel like stranger things at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm having trouble picking what to watch while I troubleshoot an electrical problem in the basement. Thoughts?

Name:	20171109_121220.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	11395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Leaning 28 Days b/c Cilian Murphy. But Resident Evil and Silent Hill have their own unique appeal. Dog Soldiers is just great. Devil's Rejects might sit this one out. But that's a hell of a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information