Page 815 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 825 865 915 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I am slowly introducing my son to some creature feature movies from the 80's and 90's that I grew up with. This past weekend we watched two of them:

Critters - 7/10

Not as good as I remember but you have to appreciate a movie were a shape shifting bounty hunter takes on the persona of an 80's rock star to hunt evil porcupine-like aliens. Just a breezy film with a good sense of humor and some fun scenes.

Tremors - 8.5/10

I forget how great of a movie this is sometimes. The slow buildup and reveal of the "Graboids" in the sleepy town of perfection is great. They establish the rules of the creatures early on and seeing how Kevin Bacon and the highly underrated Fred Ward have to figure their way out of several situations where the creatures have them cornered is great. Throw in Michael Cross trading in his Family Ties dad persona for a right-wing gun lover along with his wife played by Reba McEntire and you have the perfect Sunday matinee horror comedy.

Next up: Army of Darkness and Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    I thinks there was talk of Netflix remaking Tremors as either a movie or series. Did you know there are 4 sequels?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I am slowly introducing my son to some creature feature movies from the 80's and 90's that I grew up with. This past weekend we watched two of them:

Critters - 7/10

Not as good as I remember but you have to appreciate a movie were a shape shifting bounty hunter takes on the persona of an 80's rock star to hunt evil porcupine-like aliens. Just a breezy film with a good sense of humor and some fun scenes.

Tremors - 8.5/10

I forget how great of a movie this is sometimes. The slow buildup and reveal of the "Graboids" in the sleepy town of perfection is great. They establish the rules of the creatures early on and seeing how Kevin Bacon and the highly underrated Fred Ward have to figure their way out of several situations where the creatures have them cornered is great. Throw in Michael Cross trading in his Family Ties dad persona for a right-wing gun lover along with his wife played by Reba McEntire and you have the perfect Sunday matinee horror comedy.

Next up: Army of Darkness and Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Everything on your list is PURE GOLD.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I thinks there was talk of Netflix remaking Tremors as either a movie or series. Did you know there are 4 sequels?
    Yes. After he loved the first one, I informed him that there were more and we quickly burned through those as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Everything on your list is PURE GOLD.
    I also want to show him one of the anthology films but I need to remember which one is best. I'm leaning towards the Twilight Zone Movie or maybe Creepshow.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I also want to show him one of the anthology films but I need to remember which one is best. I'm leaning towards the Twilight Zone Movie or maybe Creepshow.
    As a kid, Tales from the Crypt was always my favorite of those. But Twilight Zone was good as well. John Lithgow was great in the airplane with the gremlin on the wing.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Old Twilight Zone is more fun IMO. Sometimes I show old black and white episodes to the kids on Halloween week. They like "Eye of the Beholder" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" the most. They get into it.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    As a kid, Tales from the Crypt was always my favorite of those. But Twilight Zone was good as well. John Lithgow was great in the airplane with the gremlin on the wing.
    I just loved that movie and how they were updated episodes from the old show. The original show was still the best, but I think it's a good intro into that universe.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Old Twilight Zone is more fun IMO. Sometimes I show old black and white episodes to the kids on Halloween week. They like "Eye of the Beholder" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" the most. They get into it.
    I just loved that movie and how they were updated episodes from the old show. The original show was still the best, but I think it's a good intro into that universe.

My favorite Twilight Zone episode (and I've by no means seen them all) is "The Midnight Sun".

I won't give any spoilers, if you haven't seen it, it is a must see. To set it up, we are made aware at the beginning that something has gone wrong with the Earth's orbit, and it is heading ever closer to the sun, eventually it will burn up the Earth.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    My favorite Twilight Zone episode (and I've by no means seen them all) is "The Midnight Sun".

I won't give any spoilers, if you haven't seen it, it is a must see. To set it up, we are made aware at the beginning that something has gone wrong with the Earth's orbit, and it is heading ever closer to the sun, eventually it will burn up the Earth.
    Never seen it. I'll have to check that one out.

16. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Blade Runner 2049 - 9/10

This is damn near a perfect science fiction thriller and a wonderful continuation of the original nearly 35 later. Unlike some sequels that come out years after the initial film, this one puts it's onions out there by not using the original as a crutch and we are rewarded with a unique story that ties into the first one without being burdened by it.

The story begins with K, a newer breed replicant and Blade Runner tasked with hunting down and "retiring" older models. His latest assignment leads to a discovery that could shatter the walls of society and the movie unfolds as he investigates the revelations further and further. And that is about as much as I want to get into the story because anything else would be heavy spoiler territory.

Like the original, there are many philosophical and moral ideas at play here. Humanity, creation, and the essence of the soul are driving forces behind the narrative. Pushing these ideas even further this time we are introduced to K's live-in girlfriend, a holographic program named Joi who flashes in and out of outfits ranging from 50's style housewife to seductress in the blink of an eye. Think of Siri or Amazon's Alexa except drop dead sexy and almost real enough to touch. Coupling this dynamic with an overpopulated Los Angeles futurescape where people live literally right on top of each other yet lead lonely lives and you can't help draw parallels to where technology has us even today. The main crux of the story however seems to be based on Q Memory Theory, which is a theory that are memories define our identity, and this notion is the backbone of nearly the entire story arc.

This movie is atmospheric as hell too, and in every sense of the word. The entire movie uses hazy landscapes, elemental weather disturbances, and monolithic holograms that cut through the darkness of futuristic cities as a beacon to humanities triumphs and weaknesses. Rounding out this experience are strong performances by Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Jared Leto, and Robin Wright.

This is a must see for fans of the original and those who just appreciate Science Fiction Noir done right. Truth be told I was never a huge fan of the original, but this film makes it retroactively better. Great soundtrack, too.

Last edited by MasterShake; 10-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Coherence- 9/10

Trailer:

Pretty cool movie, caught this on the Shudder app on my roku and thought it looked good. Plot is basically a comet is passing earth while a group of friends get together for a dinner party. Suddenly they start experiencing weird occurrences to which paranoia and disbelief starts to take hold of them resulting in a crazy conclusion. The most notable face for me in this was Nicolas Brendan from the tv series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Certainly a mind**** with some genuinely creepy moments.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I hated everybody in Coherence which translated to me disliking it. I liked the idea of the movie though.

22. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I hated everybody in Coherence which translated to me disliking it. I liked the idea of the movie though.
    Did you hate the characters or the acting?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Did you hate the characters or the acting?
    It's been a couple of years since I watched it, but I remember hating the characters and thinking they were just a bunch of uppity elitists and I didn't like that. I don't think I minded the acting so much as I disliked the way the characters were written.

25. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Baby Driver - 8/10. It got good reviews, but was better than I was expecting
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

27. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information