Page 809 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    A true masterpiece. If only they would have re-cast Cameron Diaz.
    No shit right? She was HORRIBLE in this. But thankfully she isnt a mainstay throughout the film. I agree with most on this though, excellent movie with a lot of fantastic acting outside Diaz.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I refuse to see the new It movie, but my kid said it was pretty damn good. Not much changes in the story just much better visuals. Looks effing scary. **** clowns.
    I'm going to see this soon. Thinking about re-reading the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I refuse to see the new It movie, but my kid said it was pretty damn good. Not much changes in the story just much better visuals. Looks effing scary. **** clowns.
    Did you see the reports where people are dressing up as clowns and going to the movie holding a red balloon. I would beat a clowns ass....

4. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Shawshank Redemption -- had to rewatch to remember what I thought. I conflated it with Green Mile in my memory.

I read the novella about 8-10 yrs before the movie came out. King's story was one of his better ones. I had expectations going into the movie that the movie would not live up to the written work, but it did. Very solid movie.

I'm more in the Abe 8.5/10 camp than not. It's a great movie, but it kind of drags at times and didn't always connect with me. I can respect anyone putting it in their personal pantheon.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Did you see the reports where people are dressing up as clowns and going to the movie holding a red balloon. I would beat a clowns ass....
    Someone in one of the suburbs here tied red balloons to a sewer grate. The police posted a yearbook asking them not to do it anymore as it was scaring people.

I effing HATE clowns!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Shawshank Redemption -- had to rewatch to remember what I thought. I conflated it with Green Mile in my memory.

I read the novella about 8-10 yrs before the movie came out. King's story was one of his better ones. I had expectations going into the movie that the movie would not live up to the written work, but it did. Very solid movie.

I'm more in the Abe 8.5/10 camp than not. It's a great movie, but it kind of drags at times and didn't always connect with me. I can respect anyone putting it in their personal pantheon.
    I briefly saluted that. Gotta read the whole post...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm going to see this soon. Thinking about re-reading the book.
    That book was great but very disturbing. King did a great job of switching character perspectives throughout, but the infamous "sewer scene" with the kids was still out of left-field and thankfully omitted from both movies. I liked how it combined real monsters (child abusers, apathetic adults, etc.) with the scary ass clown as a study on the hardships of adolescence and life in general. That book was a tough read, I don't think I will revisit anytime soon though. I do want to see the movie.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    That book was great but very disturbing. King did a great job of switching character perspectives throughout, but the infamous "sewer scene" with the kids was still out of left-field and thankfully omitted from both movies. I liked how it combined real monsters (child abusers, apathetic adults, etc.) with the scary ass clown as a study on the hardships of adolescence and life in general. That book was a tough read, I don't think I will revisit anytime soon though. I do want to see the movie.
    I read It in 7th grade... took a week off of everything while reading the book. Finished it in like 5-6 days. Best reading experience of my entire life. But then everything is amazing when you are new to this world.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

IT - 9/10 They did a great job, was entertained the entire time and it's actually really funny. They perfectly hit the teenage boy comedy to a tee, Richie is awesome in it. I read the book when I was about 14 so I really don't remember many details but I remember the mini series and this show is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This is funny. Wife and I watched it Saturday. I had the same exact feeling. Very good movie. All time best? Nope.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maybe I'll have to see It. Can't get the 90s TV show out of my head, which is a great C movie for SyFy, but...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Joe and Hawg have seen the light.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Gangs of New York - Ten out of Ten.

Arguably the best movie ever. The main characters are out of this world. The slow burn story telling doesn't feel like a slow burn because each scene means something and is engaging. The pacing is, in other words great. Bill the Butcher remains one of the great villains ever, and while I don't care for Leo DeCaprio, he was also superb. The opening fight scene, the way the music was worked into it was chilling. The flashbacks to it when the disloyal ******** were on screen was chilling. All in all, it's better than whatever drivel Abe and Buff are watching.
    Let's do this again.

It's a well-made movie. DDL is great as always. Other than that? It's pretty unspectacular. It's fine. Scorsese has done much better.

Lol Im really starting to get disappointed in peoples movie taste in here. GONY was a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Again, it's a good movie but it's not a GOAT movie.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information