Page 803 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 903 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by missMorgan View Post
    Wonder Woman is the best DC game ever. From the storyline to the cast and the spectacular effects this is one of the best superhero movie ever. I am looking forward to the next installment of this film, Gal Gadot is love.
    What do you think about the fact they sexualized the female leads appearance?

Would you have preferred a nod to the original comic costume and then allowed her to kill the baddies in something other than a mini skirt and low cut top.

Would that have been a better version of the character for millions of young girls and women to look up to?

Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Atomic Blonde - 8.5/10

It's a Cold War spy thriller taking place in Berlin with a very convoluted plot. Very much has a James Bond kind of vibe, but with Charlize Theron. Most important is the 80s new wave soundtrack, the neon colors, the lesbian sex, and the action scenes. It's very much a style over substance kind of movie, and that's what makes it great. There's a 10 minute action scene in particular that is possibly the greatest scene that I can remember. You will know it when you see it. That scene alone makes the movie worth it. While the plot is sketchy, it's still cool in a kitschy way. Ultimately, it's a fun action movie.

If you wanna see some 80s throwback Cold War twists and Charlize Theron kicking German ass, go watch it.
    Ive been debating watching this, wasnt sure what to make of it but glad you explained some of it.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

American Anarchist (Netflix) - N/A

Not really sure i can give this a rating as its neither good nor bad. But its a interesting documentary on the author of the book "The Anarchist's Cookbook" which was created in the early 70's and has played a part in some of the most heinous tragedies over the course of the last 30 or so years. While at times the interviewer seems really hellbent on displacing blame on the author instead of the actual perpetrators it does show the repercussions of the book existing and the impact it has had on those who would do evil deeds. Apparently the author died a couple of years ago but this documentary was pretty interesting as i remember how controversial it was for people to come in and ask for the book when i worked at Crown Books in the mid 90's.

Free State of Jones - 7/10 Interesting show and McConaughey has turned into a damn good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Free State of Jones - 7/10 Interesting show and McConaughey has turned into a damn good actor.
    I liked that show quite a bit, and agree on your take of MM.

I give it a 9/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    McConaughey has turned into a damn good actor.
    I was thinking the same thing just a couple of days ago.

Dead Snow 2. Right now it's on Netflix.

Wow! If you like zombies, if you like comedy, gore and Nazis then this is a must see.

Loved it!

9/10
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Dead Snow 2. Right now it's on Netflix.

Wow! If you like zombies, if you like comedy, gore and Nazis then this is a must see.

Loved it!

9/10

First one is great also.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Kong: Skull Island.....the preview's made this movie look pretty good. Well, those folks deserve a raise because they definitely got me to watch it. I thought the movie was lame.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Kong: Skull Island.....the preview's made this movie look pretty good. Well, those folks deserve a raise because they definitely got me to watch it. I thought the movie was lame.
    Yeah I thought it was on par with the new Godzilla, ok but not great. Now they are working on a movie where they fight each other and I kinda don't care. BUT I SHOULD!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah I thought it was on par with the new Godzilla, ok but not great. Now they are working on a movie where they fight each other and I kinda don't care. BUT I SHOULD!
    I though Kong was ok. It was worth the $2 I spent at the Redbox, but if I watched it in a theatre I would have felt ripped off. I give it a 5-6/10

Fatherland

5/10

After watching Dunkirk, I wanted to see a WWII flick I haven't seen before. This is an HBO tale about 1960s Germania, formerly known as Europe. Germany won the war when D-Day failed, which forced the U.S. to withdraw and concentrate solely on Japan. Germany invaded England and won, then takes over all of Europe. The U.S. still used the atomic bombs on Japan, leaving two Superpowers: Germany and the United States.

The SS are now a security force that instills and controls peace. Germany is still involved in a war with Russia that apparently has been going on since WWII. There is a cold war between the US and Germany. Stalin is still the ruler of Russia, alive and kicking at 85.

The story takes place in April 1964. A ceremony is going to be held to celebrate Adolf Hitler's 75th birthday with a meeting between him and US President Joseph Kennedy. I won't spoil what happens but let's just say that the ending was one of the most bleh things I've seen in a movie. Overall the movie was so-so, and I struggled with a few things. Germany had the atom bomb, but they never used it and even condemned the U.S. for using it on Japan twice. The movie never said when they gained the technology, which I am gathering is before 1949, but I find it hard to believe they never used it on Russia, who I believe never had it. Also, Hitler had so many diseases, he would've died before 1950 of natural causes. And they said the Royal Family and Churchill went into exile during Germany's raid. I don't know too much about them, but I would've thought they would've surrendered instead of retreating.

A hit and miss movie but you can't complain since it was on HBO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by valar morghulis View Post
    what do you think about the fact they sexualized the female leads appearance?

Would you have preferred a nod to the original comic costume and then allowed her to kill the baddies in something other than a mini skirt and low cut top.

Would that have been a better version of the character for millions of young girls and women to look up to?

Thoughts?
    wtf???
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Paterson - 8.5/10

Slice of life movie about a guy (Adam Driver) who drives a bus and writes poetry in Paterson, NJ. Jim Jarmusch is one of my favorite directors, and this one is good if you like realism. It's streaming on amazon prime.

19. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    wtf???
    Just testing out the bot/new poster

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information