Page 799 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799 800 801 809 849 899 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The magicians is funny in a dark juvenile way.
    I read the book and stopped about two-thirds in. I have no doubts it's entertaining, but something about it turned me off hard.

I guess Peaky isn't really a movie, but I've never been one on that kind of hard distinction. I always thought Lonesome Dove was one of the best long movies of all time.

I watched Peaky Blinders a few months back but the first episode didn't grab me. At your insistence, Mayor, I made sure to give it more effort a couple of weeks ago. I think it was fair to turn away from it, because the initial setting of the table was a bit painful. But once the table was set it was a fine meal.

Easily the best part of the show is Cillian Murphy, the actor of the main character. I read an interview and realized he was the kind of person that I tend to immensely like on a personal basis. Great taste in music (it might have been him that suggested Bowie and Radiohead cuts for certain crucial moments in season 3), sensitive, and lived a life not at all like the gangster boss he portrayed. He said there wasn't a more polar opposite person from Thomas Shelby than himself. But he knew a thing or two about that kind of personality and played it perfectly. What a great actor. Peaky Blinders is, more or less, the story of Cillian Murphy's character and it's excellent.

I could ramble about other actors and characters, for example the dutchess was incredible, the inspector guy was solid, and Arthur was amazing. I like it when a series has some meat on its bones (really if it's complete with a reasonably finale), and the first three seasons was that. I'd give it a 9/10. It's not Breaking Bad, but it's just a notch below that. Definitely worth the watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Peaky Blinders is one of my favorite shows. If I had to add anything, the tertiary characters always felt like they had something to do, and were woven in and out of the plot points very well. It felt like were we in the 'universe' of the show and not just watching it -- it just so happened that the best way to explore the universe would be to spend most of it on Shelby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Peaky Blinders is one of my favorite shows. If I had to add anything, the tertiary characters always felt like they had something to do, and were woven in and out of the plot points very well. It felt like were we in the 'universe' of the show and not just watching it -- it just so happened that the best way to explore the universe would be to spend most of it on Shelby.
    I loved Tom Hardy's character. He's exceptional at just about every part he plays

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I loved Tom Hardy's character. He's exceptional at just about every part he plays
    There are days when you post and I go "Hey, look at that guy -- that guy is the truth." Today is one of those days. Mr. Mayor, you're the truth.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Had a Dad/daughter date today, and we went to see 'Valerian" and eat at Qdoba. I thought of it as your typical space movie effects, but you could definitely see the point they were trying to make politically. It was ok, but my daughter really liked it....that's all that matters. My shredded pork gumbo was awesome.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Had a Dad/daughter date today, and we went to see 'Valerian" and eat at Qdoba. I thought of it as your typical space movie effects, but you could definitely see the point they were trying to make politically. It was ok, but my daughter really liked it....that's all that matters. My shredded pork gumbo was awesome.
    Forgot to add.....the Rihanna pole dancing was a highlight of the movie.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Dunkirk

10/10

I saw it twice in IMAX. It looked like it was filmed using a 1940 color camera that was shot in 2880P 5K definition. Rare is there a WWII film I dislike. This was one of the better ones.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Dunkirk

10/10

I saw it twice in IMAX. It looked like it was filmed using a 1940 color camera that was shot in 2880P 5K definition. Rare is there a WWII film I dislike. This was one of the better ones.
    Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to this movie. I just saw a preview about 20 minutes ago.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Dunkirk

10/10

'Dunkirk' is on my to-see-list. I may go next weekend as the wife and daughter are heading to Seattle for a week.

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Star Wars Rogue One - This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The plot was horrible and herky-jerky. No one could act. The visuals felt outdated.

This is the moment where I know to NEVER listen to Shake again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Star Wars Rogue One - This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The plot was horrible and herky-jerky. No one could act. The visuals felt outdated.

You have shattered Shake's heart.

18. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You have shattered Shake's heart.
    He had me so hyped up for this movie and it's irredeemable.

Oh yeah, got to see Fist Fight with a $6 credit on our Verizon account. So I saw a free movie and it was worth every penny.

1/10

As expected, this was a piss poor version of the 1987 flick Three O Clock High, which I consider an 80s classic. I gave Fist Fight 1 point for the School Dance, the only good part about this "comedy". Charlie Day is annoying. Ice Cube would've been fired and possibly jailed with the way his character was acting towards the students much less his fellow teacher. A waste of two hours but the School Dance is one of the funnier scenes I've seen in years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It was a good time in the theater. Hollywood type ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It was a good time in the theater. Hollywood type ish.
    I watched in on my phone. While constipated.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information