Page 798 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 298 698 748 788 796 797 798 799 800 808 848 898 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 17557

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I finally saw Logan. I'll be honest. It was OK.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Wonder Woman - 7.5 / 10
    I liked it.
    Good story and paced really well.
    The best part was that it didn't devolve into a huge 45 minute long CGI mess like the last couple of DC movies have.
    I didn't think it lived up to the all the hype surrounding it but movies rarely do...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Shining 7.5/10

I tried watching this years ago but fell asleep. Fell asleep this time too. I loved the footage of Going to the Sun Road, mainly in the intro. Great atmosphere and setting. I also like the shot of the Continental jet in flight. Great contrast of the vastness of nature and the seclusion of a mountain hotel in winter.

Shelley Duvall's character was thin and she overacted. Whole thing was overacted. Cool in an artsy, Kubrick-esque way.

The Good The Bad The Weird 7.5/10

Subtitled oriental-western. Its bones are the namesake, but had more of a Mad Mad etc. World feel to it. Some inventive action a la Crouching Tiger.

Housebound 7/10

Riff on the haunted house movie, turned out more clever than I expected. Lots of holes but a fun ride.

Zodiac 8/10

It's no Donnie Darko but it's a fine Jake G. film.

I enjoyed all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The Shining 7.5/10

I tried watching this years ago but fell asleep. Fell asleep this time too. I loved the footage of Going to the Sun Road, mainly in the intro. Great atmosphere and setting. I also like the shot of the Continental jet in flight. Great contrast of the vastness of nature and the seclusion of a mountain hotel in winter.

Shelley Duvall's character was thin and she overacted. Whole thing was overacted. Cool in an artsy, Kubrick-esque way.

The Good The Bad The Weird 7.5/10

Subtitled oriental-western. Its bones are the namesake, but had more of a Mad Mad etc. World feel to it. Some inventive action a la Crouching Tiger.

Housebound 7/10

Riff on the haunted house movie, turned out more clever than I expected. Lots of holes but a fun ride.

Zodiac 8/10

I enjoyed all of them.
    I've never gotten around to seeing Zodiac, but I think I'd like it. Worth seeing it sounds like?

The wife in the Shining is maybe my all time least favorite movie character.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The best thing about The Shining is the soundtrack.

It is not my favorite Kubrick.

I enjoyed Zodiac

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Zodiac 8/10

I enjoyed all of them.
    If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend Nightcrawler. He was great in that.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The best thing about The Shining is the soundtrack.

It is not my favorite Kubrick.
    The soundtrack was outstanding.

Also just rewatched It Follows. That movie has an outstanding soundtrack, your comment reminded me. I might have graded out that movie earlier but I'd give it a 7.5/10, I liked it.

Zodiac is a bit of a slow burner that doesn't fit the crime thriller mold, almost like a podcast .. like serial. Tell me if that comparison is apt, I only listened to a handful of episodes. But it has that kind of feel in terms of how it was edited and produced.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend Nightcrawler. He was great in that.
    Now I know what I'm watching next

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Nightcrawler - 8/10

What a delightfully creepy movie. Jake G. is one of the great actors of his generation--for me at least, and this movie reinforces. What a sociopath. Great creepy movie, awesome Jake G. performance.

Like watching a human being as a car crash in slow motion, while watching car crashes in slow motion.

Spotlight - 9/10

Tightly written and produced, good example of the movie drama as craft. I am not be as down on the church as many, I think the good far outweighs the bad...I spent my weekends while stationed in Korea helping Father Paul, a Polish missionary, build a monastery in rural Korea. You never know in these 2 hour Hollywood dramas based on true events what's really what. There are always two sides. I feel like any more discussion of the movie belongs in P&R because of the subject matter (systemic Catholic Church sexual abuse by authority figures like priests).

I guess what I'm saying is it's a hell of a show irrespective of the beliefs and sides. It's well made and pulls you along. Reminds me of The Big Short in that sense. Tight craft.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Frailty 7.5/10

Another creepy movie. Netflix has offered some reasonable recommendations for me. Netflix and Shake. This one has great acting and an inventive story, but while watching you get that house of cards feeling that arises from disbelief of premises. Worth the watch. Directed by the late Bill Paxton. He did a fine job of acting.

I'd love to hear any other Netflix recommendations from you guys. I've got some time on my hands.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Third Man is an old classic that holds up well.
    Barton Fink is relatively unknown Coen bros movie.
    Marley is a really good documentary.

That's all I got. My netflix knowledge is severely lacking. Don't listen to me.

16. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Frailty 7.5/10

Another creepy movie. Netflix has offered some reasonable recommendations for me. Netflix and Shake. This one has great acting and an inventive story, but while watching you get that house of cards feeling that arises from disbelief of premises. Worth the watch. Directed by the late Bill Paxton. He did a fine job of acting.

I'd love to hear any other Netflix recommendations from you guys. I've got some time on my hands.
    May I have a review of Peaky?

The Crown is worth a go.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The Third Man is an old classic that holds up well.
    Barton Fink is relatively unknown Coen bros movie.
    Marley is a really good documentary.

That's all I got. My netflix knowledge is severely lacking. Don't listen to me.
    I wrote a paper on Marley in college

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

The magicians is funny in a dark juvenile way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information