Page 795 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 295 695 745 785 793 794 795 796 797 805 845 895 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,925 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    *spoilers*

Uhhhhhh....he's the guy that sent the signal that his planet was good to go, when it actually wasn't cause he was a little bitch and couldn't die alone. You know, basically the friggin villian.
    promethius?

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    promethius?
    *facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

*facepalm*
    was it Spaceballs?

was it Spaceballs?
    Trek Warhammer 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Does it have canned laughter?

I think that's why I turned it off but can't remember
    it wasn't even the canned laughter, it was the horrible dialogue and acting. They don't talk to each other, the talk at each other, like a horrible soap opera

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So I have the ranch a go.

First episode was horrible, second average, then every episode since has been genius

Glad I stuck with it

I love the look of the little mountain town in the opening credits and think I should live in a town that small but with lots of smoking hot chicks just like garrison

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

So I have the ranch a go.

First episode was horrible, second average, then every episode since has been genius

Glad I stuck with it

I love the look of the little mountain town in the opening credits and think I should live in a town that small but with lots of smoking hot chicks just like garrison
    I enjoyed all seasons. It is something different.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

20th Century Women 9/10

Excellent coming of age story about a 15 year old being raised by his 55 year old mom (Annette Benning) in Santa Barbara, 1979. The story is based on the life of Mike Mills, who also wrote and directed the excellent film The Beginners about his father who came out as a homosexual later in life.

This movie is very much a love letter to his mother as well as the time period. There are several references to the Punk and Music Scene in California at the time and the soundtrack is full of things like Black Flag and The Talking Heads. The overall tone and cinematography of the film is perhaps its most redeeming feature creating an emotional swirl of youth, uncertainty, warmth, and the feeling of being stuck while optimistic. The trailer below gives you a sense of the film, but the journey it takes you on while watching it is something that lingers after the credits roll. Best of all, it's available right now on Amazon Prime's Streaming Service for free if you are a member. Otherwise, it is still very much worth a look.

And just a heads up to Buff and NTL, my monthly Comic Book movie review is coming soon because I am seeing Spider-Man: Homecoming tomorrow with my son.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Just started season three of The Ranch last night, really enjoying it.

Watched a few movies this weekend, none really new.

Masterminds - 2/10. Just a stupid time waster. Best part was the car crashing the gate but I had already seen that in every preview for the movie.

A Bronx Tale - 10/10. Superb flick. Absolutely loved it. The dynamic between Cologio's Dad (DeNiro) and the mobster Sonny both being father figures to Cologio was great. I truly enjoyed it from start to finish, well done movie. I don't know how/why I never saw it before.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Baby Driver - 8.5/10
    I'm a big fan of Edgar Wright (directed Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim etc...) so I was looking forward to this.
    I really liked it. The story is old but with Wright's direction it feels new.

Also, Wright works with music the same way a lot of directors work with actors.
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, music is a character all its own...
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 07-06-2017 at 07:53 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Spider-Man: Homecoming 8/10

Probably the most refreshing Marvel movie since the first Guardians of the Galaxy and for the same reasons; It takes the whole superhero sub-genre and does something new with it.

This movie is 2 parts John Hughes teen comedy 1 part action adventure superhero flick making it very unique in what is becoming a bloated Summer movie season. This movie proves that when done right, the tent-pole movies that stray from the farthest from the pack are sometimes the risks worth taking.

The Good
    • NO REHASH OF SPIDER-MAN'S ORIGIN STORY. That thing is as well versed in pop cultures at Batman's at this point.
    • Tom Holland is perfect casting for the 15 year-old Spider-"Man" with just the right amount of innocence and humor
    • Michael Keaton is the most nuanced Marvel Universe villain since Loki and genuinely creepy at times
    • The Captain America cameos
    • The "Enhanced Interrogation Scene"
    • No forced quip-a-minute humor. The comedy flows organically from the scenes as well as the supporting characters. The teachers at Peter's schools had some of the best lines of all things.
    • Spider-Man having to deal with navigating a suburban neighborhood with no tall buildings to swing from was genius
    • Though part of the bigger Marvel universe, this movie was allowed to be its own thing and it was better for it

The Not-so-good
    • After a strong start, the movie kinda stumbles in the middle but finishes with a flourish
    • As much as I enjoyed the movie, it definitely felt a little long for what it was
    • After all this time the CGI on Spider-Man as he swinging still looks a bit cartoony to me. It got better as the movie went along.
    • The reveal of a popular female character at the end had me roll my eyes a bit

Overall I just have a few nitpicks in what was a very good movie. I know Super Hero movies come out about once a month at this point but when they can straddle genres like Logan (Modern Western), Wonder Woman (World War I Movie), and Spider-Man (high school comedy) they can continue to be a fun time at the movies without ever feeling the same. The more they challenges themselves with new ideas and settings, the more fun they are in my opinion.

Also if anyone wants some minor-spoilers to get a good feel of the tone of the film, they releases the first 4 minutes online:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Just started season three of The Ranch last night, really enjoying it.
    That show is great. Just good writing all around, theme and story line. I like that it isn't PG but hate that it's only 10 episodes per season. I can binge watch it in a day then it's over for a whole year.

Started watching Last Man Standing about a month ago. On season 2 now and I can honestly say this show is a breath of fresh air. Don't know why I'm just now getting into it but I love it.

I believe both shows are based in Colorado and they are all Bronco fans.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Netflix just added "What we do in the Shadows". It's a mockumentary about 4 vampires that live together in New Zealand and it's damn funny, watch it.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

20. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Netflix just added "What we do in the Shadows". It's a mockumentary about 4 vampires that live together in New Zealand and it's damn funny, watch it.
    The creators of that are doing a sequel soon called "We're Wolves"

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I kinda thought they would do that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information