Page 772 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 770 771 772 773 774 782 822 872 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 7.5/10

I consider the first GOTG one of my favorite comic book movies ever, so maybe my expectations felt a little high going in. I went with a group of 6 who are all HUGE Marvel fans (one of which sees each Marvel movie at least twice on principle) and the consensus seemed to be that the first was better. Not to say this is a bad movie, it just didn't quite hit the heights of the first movie as consistently.

There is a LOT going on in this movie. And I mean that both from a story and visual standpoint. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this movie was 90% green screen and sometimes it works better than others. If the first movie was about friendship, this one was about family. When Peter reunites with his estranged father (played by Kurt Russell) he finally begins to understand his place in the universe. But is everything as it seems?

When this movie hits on all cylinders there is nothing like it. The opening sequence alone is almost worth the price of admission. Drax and Rocket once again steal the show, and much to my relief the overly cute "Baby Groot" is used sparingly and to great effect. My main problems with this entry are pacing and tone. Just when things start to get fun, things come to a screeching halt to explain the (in my opinion) overly complex plot. I think the first movie worked so well because it focused on the characters and how they came together with a singular goal. Here everyone seems to have their own side-story and the one that interests you may not be the one they decide to linger on. While the first movie was effortless and self aware, this one tends to get heavy handed with drama OR comedy at really weird times because it feels like it "should" happen there if that makes sense.

All in all I wouldn't put this up there with Winter Soldier, The Avengers, or the Original Guardians of the Galaxy but it is still a good example of what Marvel does even when they don't hit all the high notes. Enjoyable, aesthetically pleasing, but maybe taking itself a little too seriously at times this is still a good, but not great movie.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Guardians 2

10/10

Laughed for most of the movie.

DRAX, Baby Groot, and Rocket are great throughout the film.

4. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

North By Northwest

9/10 A social ad exec is mistaken for an international spy and hilarity ensues!

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Guardians 2...9/10. Loved the opening. I think that they missed with the music this time around which detracted from the movie. Can't decide if I like it as much as the first. The first was original, this one built on it and did it in a fun way and let us learn more about the characters. I love the characters and the actors casted. Overall a really fun and good movie...worth the price to see it.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-05-2017 at 09:00 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sigh.... i want to go see Guardians 2 so bad now. lol

I'm Mary Poppins, ya'll.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm Mary Poppins, ya'll.
    Wha?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I'm Mary Poppins, ya'll.
    lol that was awesome.

Whole theatre burst out laughing

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Super lazy yesterday, but caught a couple older movies I hadn't seen yet. Minority Report and Presumed Innocent. Both were pretty good, but a definite thumbs up for Presumed Innocent. Minority Report was good - kept me engaged, but just fell a bit short.

I'm Mary Poppins, ya'll.
    One of my top 5 moments of the movie. I also rather enjoyed

Rocket: I'm not a Racoon!
    Quill: I'm sorry, that was offensive, you are a trash panda.
    Drax: Is that worse?
    Quill: Oh...It's much worse!

Drax had some great lines all the way around. "Arghh my nipples" was pretty hilarious. "Mantis look out" after she was already knocked out cold was good as well. The best was him describing his turds

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Guardians 2...9/10. Loved the opening. I think that they missed with the music this time around which detracted from the movie. Can't decide if I like it as much as the first. The first was original, this one built on it and did it in a fun way and let us learn more about the characters. I love the characters and the actors casted. Overall a really fun and good movie...worth the price to see it.
    Honestly...I think you are right, that was what was missing this time. The movie was funnier than the first, had better action, a better story, ect... I still give the first one the edge. I couldn't put my finger on it until now, but now that you mention it, the music was the difference.

I've been trying to watch Sully the past couple of nights but keep falling asleep a 1/2 hour in. It's not that it's boring. I've been tired.

I will try again tonight. Don't tell me how it ends!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I've been trying to watch Sully the past couple of nights but keep falling asleep a 1/2 hour in. It's not that it's boring. I've been tired.

I believe he flies the plane upside down while on coke and nursing a hangover from a bender.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

I was flipping through the channels last night and saw it was about an hour into it so I thought I'd check it out... And the plane had already landed in the Hudson... What the hell am I gonna watch for another hour if the plane is already down? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was flipping through the channels last night and saw it was about an hour into it so I thought I'd check it out... And the plane had already landed in the Hudson... What the hell am I gonna watch for another hour if the plane is already down? Pass.
    Do you remember when it happened? A lot of us were watching on TV while talking about it on these forums. It was wild. I think you were online that day Buff.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information