Page 769 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769 770 771 779 819 869 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Passengers 5.5/10

Didn't know it was just a love story. It's just a love story. Of course they wouldn't kill off one of them, despite both facing near death circumstances. They did kill off the black guy, so there's that.

Gets two full points for Jennifer Lawrence.
    We watched this over the weekend. I'd give it a 7. Thought it was a good story, but I'm not adverse to love stories.

The wife was so irritated with the dude. I won't say why due to possible spoilers, but she couldn't get past what he did.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We watched this over the weekend. I'd give it a 7. Thought it was a good story, but I'm not adverse to love stories.

The wife was so irritated with the dude. I won't say why due to possible spoilers, but she couldn't get past what he did.
    I think the big problem with that movie was that they marketed it all wrong. When I first saw the trailer I was thinking it was Titanic in Space but the actual plot is very dark and controversial. It was still very well made, just not what I was expecting.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think the big problem with that movie was that they marketed it all wrong. When I first saw the trailer I was thinking it was Titanic in Space but the actual plot is very dark and controversial. It was still very well made, just not what I was expecting.
    I agree that it was well done, and the space scenes were great. In the end, I just don't think it took any risks and that wasn't personally fun for me because I found myself knowing exactly what was going to happen. Joe, I can imagine a lot of women felt that way about Pratt's character for obvious reasons. That part raises some really interesting philosophical questions, but I think it got lost in the denouement.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Straight Out of Compton: 7.5/10

Good flick. But in the end it seems to lead me to more questions rather than answers. I need more details on the contract shenanigans and "business" referenced by Jerry Heller. It seems the movie leaves all this up to individual interpretation without really giving enough information to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I still knew most of the lyrics from those circa 1990 gangsta rap songs.

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Passenger 57

4.8/10

Maybe some day in the future, a black actor won't have to use catches phases such as "Always bet on black" at the beginning or conclusion of an action sequence. Pay your taxes Wes. I paid 90 minutes of my life for this drivel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm watching Ouija, origin of evil right now. Just started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ouija, meh/10.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Ex Machina

8/10 sometimes you need to treat your girl as an object.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Raw

numbers / numbers -- it doesn't work this way. Not this movie.

Still processing. My gut reaction is wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. The ****. Just happened to me.

I feel like I just murdered someone. And ate them.

I would never in a million years recommend this movie, but I think it's one of the best I've ever seen. Maybe not 'best'. Idk the right word.

Pairs well with: disturbed psyche, sexual appetite, stray homicidal thoughts.

This is a movie I would expect everyone else in the world will reject, for good reason.

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Ghost in the Shell (2017) 6.5/0

I don't have a huge reverence for the original 1995 Anime Classic, but I do remember it being very unique and adult with a head trip of a story concerning a future were the lines between technology and our souls begin to blur. We get some of that in the live action movie, but in a much more simplified way. The Ghost refers to a person's soul, and Major (played by Scarlett Johansen) is the first fully synthetic being to have their ghost successfully implanted. Whereas most humans are still mostly human with cyber-enhancements, she truly is a work of art and technology and her uniqueness makes her the ultimate weapon. As the police force she works for starts tracking a new hacker who seems to have omnipotent powers, her true past begins to unravel.

More recent movies like Ex Machina have tackled this type of storyline of AI, morality, and being better in recent years and that is part of what makes the live action Ghost in the Shell stumble. The original anime let the story unfold and left Major's sense of identity up in the air until the epic twist at the end. Here we have very clear lines drawn with evil corporations and straight edged good guys that makes the movies message seem heavy handed. This movie is a mix of Blade Runner and Robocop, but the elements that it draws from both movies never reaches the heights of either.

In the end we have a visually stunning movie (the monolithic hologram ads and neon cityscape of Neo-Tokyo are almost worth the price of admission alone) that rings hollow. This is not because it is a bad movie, but mostly because other movies including the original Anime have done this story better and trusted the audience to make their own judgments.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Crystal Lake Memories (Shudder App, Roku)- 9/10

Very very good documentary on the Friday the 13th movies leading all the way up to Freddy vs Jason. So good in fact that it actually is at least 6 hours long to which i broke it up into 3 days of viewing. Has a lot of interviews with the stars of the movies as well as some great behind the scenes footage. The doc is narrated by none other than Corey Feldman (Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream) who appeared in the 4th installment of the series.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears (Shudder App, Roku)- 10/10

Im not going to lie, people will either love this or absolutely hate it. It hasnt scored very well on RT and i can kind of see why if your someone who is not familiar with Giallo films in general. The movie is about a man who upon returning home from a business trip finds that his wife is missing. So he ends up searching and talking to other residents in his apartment building to see if anyone has seen her. Part thriller, part mystery, and part horror TSCOYBT's takes you on a wild journey between reality and fantasy in dreamlike sequences never really knowing what is real and what is not. Thus the problem people will have with the film is that the guessing game never really has a definitive conclusion as to what happened with the wife or why. I myself tend to love Giallo films so the mere fact that in 2014 that they could pay this much homage with great execution and flawlessness is astounding to me. The visual effects and usage of color and a 70's Go Go styled soundtrack are superb throughout the flick.

The filmography is so exquisite to me that halfway through i really didnt even care about the plot because i was so engrossed with the visual effects. This movie comes across as a mixture of Jacobs Ladder, Suspiria, Antichrist, Eraserhead, and Naked Lunch. While it has a sense of the macabre and some disturbing imagery overall its just a complete mind**** of a movie. The only real drawback is that it is sub-titled but since most of the movie is visual based there isnt a massive amount of dialogue except when it is needed. This film will cater to those who love cinematic elegance and abstract artistic filmography. While i was somewhat disappointed with the lack of clarity with the ending it doesnt sway me from loving the movie as much as i did. When i get a chance i know i will be purchasing this on video. Even if you are not a thriller/horror fan you will or can appreciate how wonderfully shot this film is.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

^ I want to see this now. Not sure how.

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Weird Science - good movie, entertaining and quite funny. A young Kelly LeBrock, would bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hannibal

6/10 check didn't bounce as much at the Italian cops intestines. Am I right Mr Hopkins?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information