Page 727 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 737 777 827 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The ESPN one or the FX one? I watched the docu-series on FX and loved it, but I never watched the super long ESPN documentary special.
    ESPN. I watched the first episode of the Fx show. I thought it was bad. The first half of the ESPN doc is excellent. I assume the second half is too, and have been told it is, I just haven't seen it yet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Star Trek Beyond- 7/10

Certainly decent outing in the ST series but not quite as good as the first 2. Even though the movie logs in at about 2 hours even i kind of felt that the pacing was off and rushed. I certainly liked the character of Jaylah and wished they had explored her more than they did. Had a nice little tribute tie in with Nimoy's passing (using it as Ambassador Spocks passing). I have no idea if they plan on doing anymore of this series and how they plan to deal with the death of the actor who played Chekov but im kind of hoping for a stronger output next time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Suicide squad

9/10

Loved Deadshot and Harley Quinn

Thought the joker nailed it

Only really disliked the Rick Flagg character and portrayal for most of the film

Dc movies rock.

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I watched the Knox documentary this weekend too. I think it's more like a 6/10. It still left me with a ton of unanswered questions and I don't think it did a good job exonerating Knox if that was the goal of her participating. I don't think it definitively showed Knox being railroaded - I actually finished the movie with a negative impression of everyone involved.

Knox seems like a crazy moron. I will never for the life of me understand how someone can give a false confession - even if it's coerced and even if we have evidence of it happening in more than one instance. The Italian cops are your classic self-important, arrogant detectives from a bygone era. Both sides seemed to do a bad job of making their case IMO.
    They never established a motive.

Also, she was kind of cute when she was younger and then she got ugly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They never established a motive.

Also, she was kind of cute when she was younger and then she got ugly.
    That and the contamination of the crime scene itself. Add in the fact the one suspect they had who they could place at the crime scene and admitted to having been there that night got totally dismissed for whatever god knows reason. His prints were all over the victim's room.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That and the contamination of the crime scene itself. Add in the fact the one suspect they had who they could place at the crime scene and admitted to having been there that night got totally dismissed for whatever god knows reason. His prints were all over the victim's room.
    Absolutely. I'm watching the documentary and thinking to myself, what possible reason would she and her boyfriend have to kill that girl? All signs point to the guy who committed the burglary. Just a weird case.

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Supersonic - 9/10

I love Rock and Roll documentaries and this is one of the best one's I've seen in quite a while. The movie looks back at Oasis from about 1994 - 1997 just before they basically imploded on themselves. Oasis never really gained traction in America after 1996, but they have always been one of my favorite bands for some reason. The infighting between Noel and Liam Gallagher was legendary, and hearing them interviewed during this movie is hilarious. As one person in the movie puts it, Noel has lots of buttons and Liam has lots of fingers.

This is the same crew that did the equally fantastic documentary Amy about Amy Winehouse.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The only song i really liked was "Champagne Supernova" or whatever it was called. But i was interested in all their bickering so i will probably check this out.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My best friend was instantly smitten with Oasis and this became a mad affair for him, but me, I almost was smitten. I wanted to be smitten.

Just finished watching Spirited Away with my son. Best movie I've seen in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The only song i really liked was "Champagne Supernova" or whatever it was called. But i was interested in all their bickering so i will probably check this out.
    It's worth it just for Noel's interview pieces alone. These are some of his gems over the years (including my favorite on Thom Yorke from Radiohead):

36 Brutally Honest And Sweary Things Noel Gallagher Has Actually Said

On Liam: “He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

1. On audience participation: “I cringe when I see these bands doing all that ‘Everybody over here get your hands up!’ shit. **** off. I’m not arsed where I am or even why you lot [the audience] are here. I’ve made a record, you’ve come to see me play it live. The end. Now buy a T-shirt on the way out and **** off.”

2. On interviews: “I have an opinion on everything, and if I don’t have an opinion, I’ll ******* make one up on the spot.”

3. On writing an autobiography: “Yes, I’ll do one. No, I won’t do a Wayne Rooney and write six.”

4. On his biggest hero: “My mum, because she brought Liam Gallagher up. I mean, **** me.”

5. On litter: “I don’t like litter. I like that Singapore thing. You know – you get caught dropping litter you get your head chopped off.”

6. On music reviews: “I reckon if Thom Yorke ******* shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in ******* Mojo.”

7. On artist-against-artist beef: “You can say that you respect someone as an artist a thousand times and it will never get reported. But you call someone a **** once…”

8. On people who work too hard: “I don’t like workaholics. Don’t ******* trust them. Why are they working? I don’t trust busy *****. That’s how wars start: busy ******s.”

9. On Keane: “Traditionally speaking, the three biggest twats in any band are the singer, the keyboardist, and the drummer. I don’t need to say anything else.”

10. On his mum: “Hard work and a ******* filthy tongue, that’s what I inherited from my mum. She taught the nineties how to swear.”

11. On his dad: “My old man invented road rage. When the new Ford Sierra came out it was a big thing. I remember him calling a guy in the street out of the window, ‘You ******* Sierra-faced *******!’ That’s poetry, man.”
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/t...-has-ever-said

17. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It's worth it just for Noel's interview pieces alone. These are some of his gems over the years (including my favorite on Thom Yorke from Radiohead):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/t...-has-ever-said
    9. On Keane: “Traditionally speaking, the three biggest twats in any band are the singer, the keyboardist, and the drummer. I don’t need to say anything else.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love the Gallagher brothers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Shake, if I watch that, do you think I will look back in anger? I don't want to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Shake, if I watch that, do you think I will look back in anger? I don't want to do that.
    You're better than that. I'm really disappointed that a man of your posting prowess resorted to that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    No. Don't be stupid.

25. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information