Page 723 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Nerve. 6.5 out of 10. Interesting energetic story for like 3/4ths of the movie, then looks like the ending was rushed and not to the level of the rest of the flick. Lots of eye candy though. Fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Whiplash- 9/10

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ghostbusters (2016)- 5/10

First off, we need to rid ourselves of the absurdity that is the Fem-Nazi’s “women can do it better” and the Neanderthal’s “women should remain in the kitchen” cliques that have plagued this movie from the word go with the teaser trailer over a year ago. I had zero interest in this film personally for many different reasons (some of which I will explain here now) but because of the lunacy that it has created I felt an obligation to check it out and review it for the other objective and intelligent people in my life so that we can separate the bias madness vs whether or not the film is actually any good. Lets get started shall we?

While its understandable for those who are younger and had never seen the original when it was initially released it can be argued that it hasn’t stood the test of the time or aged well. And im a fan of the first two original flicks but the humor doesn’t hold up quite as well for me over the years. But I do hold a certain nostalgia for the film because I did see it at age 14 in the movie theaters. And while most reboots and remakes in this day and age don’t do much for me I still like to think im open minded about it because the technology is better and there are still some very good actors/actresses who work in the industry In this modern day.

One of the first problems with Ghostbusters (2016) though is the way that we got to this version of the reboot itself. This was not a “natural” progression to have an all women cast. People forget it was actually slated to star the original actors and if not for the stubbornness of Murray and the unfortunate death of Harold Ramis we may have not even gotten to this point of having the all women cast. While its nice from a gender standpoint to have women like Fig, McCarthy, and McKinnon get a chance to shine I cant help but think that this was entirely forced. I cant even in good conscience say to myself that this was a great move because the women were basically only an afterthought to begin with. This was never really about spotlighting these women and the concept unfortunately comes across very hollow.

That aside, lets tackle the subject matter and the execution.

Ok, so now having actually viewed the film I have to say the general audience feel and rating is pretty accurate. Lets start with the pros, the film has some very good CGI work as expected. For the most part the acting is done well enough albeit a little bland especially in the last hour or so of the film itself. I got a couple of chuckles from the EVP moment at the beginning and the moment when Leslie Jone’s character stage dives at the metal concert. But aside from that the laughs were few and far between. Sadly that is about where it ends in terms of what I really though was good about it. One problem is the plot just felt incredibly stupid and not nearly as creative as the original.

The cameos by Murray, Akyroyd, Weaver, Hudson, & Potts were adequate but nothing to write home about and probably could have been utilized much better. As I stated earlier its unfortunate that these actresses were not the original choice to do this picture and only then forced into a badly designed script. I also really don’t understand the whole Hemsworth role here. Even Potts portrayal of Janine from the original movie was never this bad and her character in that movie was never considered dumb, in fact she was pretty quick with her sarcasm throughout that film. Hemsworth just comes across as incredibly childlike and makes no sense half the time. Too much of this film was just forced from so many different aspects that it was bound to fail from the word go it seems. Recently it has been announced that there will be no sequel to the film which makes sense because the producers screwed the pooch on this one much to the dismay of the actresses who tried to hard to make it succeed.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

We watched the original Ghostbusters with the kids a few weeks ago and I felt about 1000 years old.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    We watched the original Ghostbusters with the kids a few weeks ago and I felt about 1000 years old.
    LOL. You feel old!

I watched the original in the theater. The theater was so packed that people were sitting in the aisle on the sides.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    LOL. You feel old!

I watched the original in the theater. The theater was so packed that people were sitting in the aisle on the sides.
    Oh yeah!?

Well Joe saw Birth of a Nation in the theatre and it blew his mind!

#joeisoldday
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

My son went to see Sausage Party last night.
    Said it was hilarious.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    My son went to see Sausage Party last night.
    Said it was hilarious.
    It looks funny as shit!

Not that shit is funny, but whatever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It looks funny as shit! Not that shit is funny, but whatever.
    You love a sausage party though Joe

15. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

my buddy went and said it was horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It wasn't so much Deadpool as the EXTREMELY positive reaction to the humor in the first big trailer they released. You can almost point out the added "humor" when you watch it that wasn't in the original trailer in order to give it a lighter tone. As a matter of fact some of the times when the film needs to be dark there seems to be a joke inserted just because which is a bit jarring. This is a tricky movie, just based on its faults it probably falls squarely in the middle of ratings by default. The extra 2.5 points I gave it is for the characters and tone, but someone could easily just focus on the choppy editing and cohesiveness and drop it to a 4.

I look at it as the DC Cinematic Universe coming out way too fast and playing catchup. I think things settle down with Wonder Woman which looks fantastic so far and Justice League. By the time Affleck's Arkham Asylum based Batman roles around we will more than likely look at Suicide Squad as nothing more than s shotgun style introduction of the villains of the DC Universe. Whether that shotgun hits the mark is up to the viewer.

EDIT: And if I would to give this movie a Marvel comparison, it would be Ant-Man or Thor 2. World building movies that are ultimately middling but they contain too much good stuff to ignore.
    I am not a comic geek. I like Supe and Batman, like Capt America, Hulk, Spidey on the other side. But never read a lot of comics. For whatever reason DC just hasn't made me interested in any of their characters. I don't know if it is their storytelling or what. But they made me dislike Superman and Batman with their takes on them. I never heard of the Guardians or Antman and really enjoyed those movies. Marvel just has a good formula I guess.

I watched Suicide Squad yesterday and just didn't connect to it. I have never read any of these comics, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I felt like Deadshot was just Will Smith and Leto was overacting....not that I hated Joker...it was just overacted. The plot felt rushed. It also seemed like they were trying to force a Guardians/Deadpool feel. 6/10

19. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Suicide Squad- 7/10

Ill probably be coming back to this once the DVD is released because i do expect them to probably fix the editing errors they made when releasing the theatrical version. First off, i enjoyed this. Maybe not as much as The Avengers or some of the other comic movies out there but this wasnt horrible. And im not sure what all the complaining (not here) was about the Joker not being in the movie. He was in it quite a bit from what i can tell, at least more than i thought he initially would be. The characters i l liked the most were of course Harley Quinn but also Deadshot and El Diablo. Killer Croc, Katana, Flag, and Boomerang were ok but didnt stand out quite as bit as the others. Some cool cameos by Batman and the Flash were seen so be expecting a new movie focusing on the Flash soon. Leto's Joker? He had moments that i liked and others i didnt. I get why some people saw him more as a mobster but to me that really didnt hurt the Joker image all that much. He was just pretty much hit or miss on the characteristics of the Joker for me (still love Ledger's version the best). Enchantress? While i give Cara Delevingne a lot of credit for attempting this role (she is more a model than actress) i thought the 2nd version of Enchantress was way over the top. The misty/shadow version of Enchantress worked out better for me with less talking. As some pointed out, the editing was a huge problem and hurt some of the character development throughout the film. If the DVD puts some of that back together my score could go up but it was "ok" even with them butchering it the way they did. Despite the film being almost 2 hours it still comes across very rushed.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Riddick. Movie is badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Has anyone seen Hell or High Water yet? Its playing in Grand Junction and it looks really good but I'm not sure if it's worth the 60 mile drive.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    my buddy went and said it was horrible
    I wont watch it. Anything Seth Rogen does is weed weed weed and 10 year old caliber lame ass raunch. That act is weak and played out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information