Page 719 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 219 619 669 709 717 718 719 720 721 729 769 819 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I guess I didn't realize it was a sequel of sorts. Cloverfield was shot totally handheld, wasn't it? This isn't that at all. It's definitely interesting, and really creepy at times.

I didn't think the end sequence was all that great.
    Its part of a trilogy. Yes you are correct that the first movie was handheld but 10 Cloverfield lane is supposed to be an addition to the chaos that was taking place in NY with the creature. And yes, i agree that if they had just left this as a stand a lone and left the alien part of it out i would of really liked it more. I was totally engaged with the movie until she gets out of the bunker. I have no idea what they have in store for the third so should be interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    so John Goodman wasn't crazy and lying after all huh?
    No. But i liked how the movie used Goodman's fear to the point that he would do anything to have a semblance of a family down in the bunker. Bottom line, he was already crazy but the chaos that was taking place on earth was just an extension of the chaos in his own mind.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

wow, I've really set off quite a dialogue here with my redbox accumen. I'd like to raise my 5 rating to a 9 because I am so intuitive moviewise/know a good flick when I see one. this is awesome, I feel like MasterShake

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No. But i liked how the movie used Goodman's fear to the point that he would do anything to have a semblance of a family down in the bunker. Bottom line, he was already crazy but the chaos that was taking place on earth was just an extension of the chaos in his own mind.
    this makes total sense

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pathology- 8/10

Pathology is an interesting piece of work in which it deals with Teddy Grey, a young medical student/intern who is starting his work at a University hospital in Philidelphia. He basically has the life as he is engaged to his fiance (Alyssa Milano) who's father is a big fan of his and will do anything to help him succeed at his career. But upon his arrival at the University he starts to learn that his colleagues have been playing a game between them in which each goes and commits a murder and then the rest of the group tries to figure out how the person died and see if they committed the perfect murder.

At first Teddy seems game to play as the group's leader Jake Gallo informs Teddy that the group only selects "bad" people from their list. Teddy soon finds himself discovering not only is the group lying to him about the victims but he becomes embroiled in an affair with fellow colleague Dr. Judith Bath who also happens to be involved with Gallo. The movie has its fair share of gore and heavy sex themes. Lauren Lee Smith who portrays Judith Bath is the fiery redhead seductress and is very easy on the eyes.

While this movie did not rate well on RT in both with the audience and the critics i think they actually sell the film a bit short. While it does have some similarities with movies like Saw it is still very much different in presentation. Whereas Saw is your run of the mill serial killer movie/series Pathology is a little more clever in how they execute the deviancy of the group. For me i thought the plot was pretty original even though it didnt always expand on certain areas that i initially thought it would. And while the ending was abrupt i thought it was really good and i certainly wont spoil it by giving it away here. Lets just say i was pleasantly surprised and in awe of how it ended.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

No......really. Shake, where the hell is a star trek review.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    No......really. Shake, where the hell is a star trek review.
    Not a huge Trek fan, I will see it eventually. I hear its good from reliable sources though.

You are my sole trusted source of movie reviews and you drop the ball. All is lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

the new star trek. It was entertaining, but forgettable. You can definitely tell the difference with Abrams not directing. 6 of 10. disappointed me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Crippled Avengers- 9/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    the new star trek. It was entertaining, but forgettable. You can definitely tell the difference with Abrams not directing. 6 of 10. disappointed me.
    Did you like Into Darkness? I liked that one but many Trekkies hate it. Is Beyond better or worse than that one?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Did you like Into Darkness? I liked that one but many Trekkies hate it. Is Beyond better or worse than that one?
    worse. and as satisfying as a certain music based interlude during the movie was to watch, it was ridiculously silly and unrealistic.

17. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am too self loathing to be a traditional narcissist. I am the ******* worst.

But then I hold my opinions in pretty high regard, so who knows...
    This is classic narci-speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I might see Lights Out tonight. James Wan is the genuine article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I might see Lights Out tonight. James Wan is the genuine article.
    I loved the short that this film was based on so i eager to see this full length. Its been getting pretty good reviews and buzz.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information