Page 717 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 217 617 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 767 817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I thought the new Ghost busters was great. It was fun and my whole family enjoyed the Hell out of it. Wiig and McCarthey are the big names but I really thought the other two really stole the show. I was afraid they'd turn Leslie Jones' character into a cliche but she turned out to be one of the best parts of the movie. Also Chris Hemsworth was very funny and I really liked how they turned the dumb blonde eye candy secretary cliche on its ear.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have yet to see the new GB but this chick's approach to it is a lot how i feel about what has happened with the controversy regarding it. I have a feeling im going to be feeling a lot like she is and oddly enough Chazoe's comment about Hemsworth's role kind of confirms my suspicions regarding what i believe happened with this movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    This isn't really anything new for those who have followed Tarantino. He's said he would impose a limit of 10 movies for a long time now.

For some reason, I haven't seen Death Proof. What am I missing here?
    I enjoyed it. Kurt played a good role as did Zoe Bell. Sequel to planet terror, also well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have yet to see the new GB but this chick's approach to it is a lot how i feel about what has happened with the controversy regarding it. I have a feeling im going to be feeling a lot like she is and oddly enough Chazoe's comment about Hemsworth's role kind of confirms my suspicions regarding what i believe happened with this movie.

I can't believe I watched 14 minutes of that, but she had me mesmerized. Hot chick dropping F-bombs. Oh, yea! Does that make me sexist?

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I find Kristen Wiig to be oddly hot.
    I have a similar thing with Sarah Silverman

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I have a similar thing with Sarah Silverman
    Yea, I like that little potty mouthed Silverman.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I can't believe I watched 14 minutes of that, but she had me mesmerized. Hot chick dropping F-bombs. Oh, yea! Does that make me sexist?
    No, it makes you both human.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Reign of Fire- 10/10

Ive loved this movie ever since i saw it for the first time (that was like 20 viewings ago). I mean, who doesnt love a good Dragon story right? The movie features Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, and a fantastic performance from Matthew McConaughey. I find myself yet again loving a movie that involves Bale, not that his performance was outstanding in this film but that i tend to love films that he is involved in. Something my wife often heckles me about and my fanboyish love for all things Bale. Never the less, Reign of Fire is about the accidental unearthing of a dragon which then proceeds to somehow (something that is really never addressed in this film) to procreate and thus create a legion of dragons that descends upon humanity destroying everything in their wake.

Fast forward a few years and we now have an older character (portrayed by Bale) who is basically the guy in charge of a small commune of people held up in a old castle. They find themselves having to rebuild and feed themselves without modern technology all the while still avoiding the threat of dragons as much as possible. After having an unfortunate confrontation with a dragon we see the arrival of Van Zant (McConaughy) and his dragon hunter soldiers. While at first its hard for the commune to believe that Van Zant and his crew are actually dragon hunters it doesnt take long until they put their reputation to test which unfortunately ends with the loss of some of the soldiers lives.

The ultimate prize for Van Zant is tracking down and destroying what he believes to be the only male dragon of the species and destroying it will allow the others to die off without the possibility of reproducing any more dragons. Unfortunately Van Zant is caught off guard by how hard it is to kill the male dragon and not only loses 98% of his unit but it also ends up costing some of the lives back at the castle. So Bale, who knows where the male is hidden because of his personal knowledge of the initial contact of the beast devises a plan with Van Zant and a female helicopter pilot named Alex to go and destroy the dragon themselves. With great acting and some really really great graphics and design work this movie plays out flawlessly.

While Dragons tend to appear in various films generally in smaller roles i have never enjoyed a dragon flick quite this good since Dragonslayer (1981) in which the dragons are the main concept of the films. While the story has a few holes it doesnt suffer all that much and actually plays out pretty well. Certainly worth viewing if you are a fantasy geek.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Haven't watched it since it first came out on DVD. I'm going to have to watch reign of fire again now that you've reminded me of it.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

A Country Called Home

This is probably a terrible movie - but i loved it.

A "coming of age" story about a recently bereaved girl returning to her roots (texas). It also has Ryan Bingham doing the music - so that obviously gives it some style points

I would give it a 8/10 of ten for how much i enjoyed it, but it probably only deserves about 5 when considering script, cinematography and acting etc etc - there was just something about it that resonated with me.

I find Kristen Wiig to be oddly hot.
    I've had a crush on her since her SNL debut and I'm not ashamed of it.

Star Trek Beyond - 8/10
    Enjoyable film. I won't go all Trekkie and pick it apart. Since I had a good time, it gets a good rating.

19. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I've had a crush on her since her SNL debut and I'm not ashamed of it.

Star Trek Beyond - 8/10
    Enjoyable film. I won't go all Trekkie and pick it apart. Since I had a good time, it gets a good rating.
    I'll wait for Blu ray, but to get ready we watched Star Trek two weeks ago, and into the Darkness Last Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'll wait for Blu ray, but to get ready we watched Star Trek two weeks ago, and into the Darkness Last Night.
    I love watching movies at home on Blu-ray. I only go to the theater a few times a year

Just watched the revenant again 9 of 10. Great movie. Leonardo is a great actor

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Damnit Shake, you will get your ass in here, give me a star trek review and like it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information