Page 704 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 804 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Its that ability to put that 'life like' personality on screen that makes him so good. Not everyone can do it. Not to mention the fact that directors and writers are wanting HIM into their role.

But if you think all his roles are the same, I'm thinking you are simply seeing his personality come through and are confusing the two. I mean, you even mentioned The Descendants in your examples and said that it was "himself as a father..." which is just absurd.

I get what you are saying, I just have to disagree with you.
    Right, and I mentioned that, that his charismatic personality is so likable, that that's all people want. And I also said that due to that, he's got it easy. But does that make him more talented than an actor that can be so many more different characters and be the well? While Clooney is good at what is demanded of him, he's just not nearly as flexible, which is talent, as a lot of other really good male actors. Even Christian Bale has played some drastically different roles. Cloons is just not diverse in his roles. And I think he should be knocked for that, not praised.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I absolutely hate the hobbit movies... boring shyte
    You are now dead to me......

There is no greater death scene to make me shed tears than watching Thorin pass away with Bilbo by his side.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

There is no greater death scene to make me shed tears than watching Thorin pass away with Bilbo by his side.
    Strangely enough I thought the best of the Hobbit movies was the third one which had nothing to do with the books. It should have been one long movie. One dumb thing it the Battle of the Five Armies was how they made a HUGE deal about introducing those rock worms. I was like, "Oh damn! Those things are going to tear shit UP!" and then they never mention them again.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

too long, too little. It would have made a great 2.5 hour movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

If we had a movie about a guy falling in love with a dog, we would call it weird.

That is basically how Elves felt about Hobbits, and they wouldn't have fallen in love with one.

Not to mention the long, boring, fight scenes in that one. I think I fell asleep several times.

I didn't like the Hobbit movies very much at all, and I really liked the LotR movies, though.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Nice Guys: 5/10

Not much to say really. I didn't 'really' want to run out and see it, but my dad was in town and wanted to check it out. It was wayyyy too long, and wayyyy too much nothing going on. It was advertised as a comedy, but I don't really remember laughing. Maybe once.

I would say wait for it to hit something on TV for free.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

re-watching an old classic, erik the viking. . . betcha north remembers that one. . .

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    If we had a movie about a guy falling in love with a dog, we would call it weird.

They made that movie, it was called "A Boy and His Dog" starring Don Johnson. They were close and then Don's character completed his love for his dog by eating him. Great flick.

They made that movie, it was called "A Boy and His Dog" starring Don Johnson. They were close and then Don's character completed his love for his dog by eating him. Great flick.
    There we go... we just needed to eat the Elf. THEN.. then I would say it was a good scene!

13. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

X-Men: Apocalypse 6/10

Nearly every comic book movie since 2000 owes the X-Men a debt of gratitude for kickstarting the genre back into popularity, but now X-Men owes those newer movies an apology after refusing to focus on what makes the best comic book movies work.

X-Men and X-Men 2 are often regarded as some of the best comic book movies ever. Those two movies focused on the key part of what those stories should be, which is an allegory for prejudice and civil rights for a group of humans seen as outcasts and labeled "mutants". They also explored themes of coming of age and learning self worth, and also how important it is to find those who will nurture what you are instead of fearing it. Then in X-Men: Last Stand all of that went out the window in favor of spectacle, flash, and lack of substance masquerading as deep and meaningful storytelling. With X-Men: First Class and Days of Future Past, the timeline was rebooted and we were promised more meaningful and personal stories. X-Men: Apocalypse craps all over that promise pretty quick.

I'm not saying Apocalypse is a bad villain (he is one of the coolest ones in the comics actually) its just that his appearance in the third movie of the X-Men reboot is not earned and I felt nothing as he began his conquest of the world. Every time we see an epic shot of Apocalypse laying waste to Cairo or another city, I just keep wishing we were back with the characters at Dr. Xaviers school as they learn about their powers and deal with a world that doesn't know what to do with them. The previous 2 movies did not seem to be building towards this epic end of the world scale, and it ends up feeling forced.

I'm not saying I just wanted to have the characters sit around and discuss their feelings, but a smaller threat coupled with the inherent drama of the basic premise of the whole X-Men universe can go a long way. World destruction from an invincible force does not raise the stakes, it just cheapens the experience. The Justice League, The Avengers, and other god-like teams are much better suited for those types of films. The X-Men were always at their best when they were just... well, men and women who no one understood.

It wasn't all bad. The movie is a visual feast and has some good humor. Quicksilver once again steals the show, Olivia Munn looks good as Psylocke, a fan favorite has a great berserker moment, and as far as popcorn entertainment goes it could be worse. But as one of the characters succinctly points out during the movie after leaving a movie at the mall, "At least we can all agree, the third one is always the worst".

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

There's only been 3 XMen movies? It seems like you guys have been reviewing XMen movies every six months for the last 7 years!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    There's only been 3 XMen movies? It seems like you guys have been reviewing XMen movies every six months for the last 7 years!
    3 in the new cycle that started with First Class. There have actually been 8 total, 9 if you count Deadpool which had X-Men in it.

Revanant 9/10

Cinematography and directing were excellent...on a personal note I don't like stories that are so dark and bleak.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Revanant 9/10

Cinematography and directing were excellent...on a personal note I don't like stories that are so dark and bleak.
    I think this movies score was elevated for me just for the cinematography alone. Glad I saw it on the big screen, it was gorgeous and visceral.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information