Page 691 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 701 741 791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Zootopia - 8/10

Great allegory about a "perfect" society where predators and prey live in harmony until an unexplained rash of attacks from the predators puts everyone in an uneasy state. This is a children's movie with some pretty deep messages about prejudice and stereotypes told through the backdrop of a crime story/detective drama. Beautiful animation throughout makes this a neat family movie that takes some heavy subjects and presents them in an easy to digest form for kids with just enough weight and dark humor to keep the adults involved. One of my favorite parts was the parents of the lead character at the beginning (after learning of her desire to grow up to be the first rabbit cop) telling their daughter to not dream too big, and to simply kill your own dreams and settle. A LITTLE too close to home!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Last Vegas. 8/10

Loved it.

Desperate to go to Vegas and cause some carnage
    I'll be in Vegas tomorrow night, but only about 12 hours, 6 of which will be sleeping

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Anyone else see Seven Psychopaths?

One of my fav movies.

8/10 (I love good dialog)

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    Anyone else see Seven Psychopaths?

One of my fav movies.

8/10 (I love good dialog)
    Great movies - loved Tom Waits

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Risen: 5/10

There were a number of historians, contemporary to the time of Christ, who wrote about him. I was hoping that the script for this movie would be a composite of them, with some creative liberties taken mold it all together. Instead, it was "The Mythical Tails of Jesus & the 12 Hippies."
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

The Big Short

Fantastic movie. Gut wrenching, but fantastic.

8.5/10

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Propaganda Game - 8/10

Documentary on netflix about how North Korea uses propaganda. Very interesting, gonna show it to my classes this week.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The Propaganda Game - 8/10

Documentary on netflix about how North Korea uses propaganda. Very interesting, gonna show it to my classes this week.
    Intriguing. I'm gonna have to check that out.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Intriguing. I'm gonna have to check that out.
    There is a scene where they go to a Catholic church. The documentary does a good job of leaving it up to the viewer to figure out what is real and what is staged. It's fascinating.

Mentioned it in another thread but thought I would repeat it here so people don't waste their time. Maggie 2/10. Honestly I should give it a 1 but I made it through the whole thing and didn't shut it off. Not saying I shouldn't have, absolutely nothing happens in this movie... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Hector and the Search for Happiness
    7.5 / 10

I read that it wasn't that good but I found it really well done.
    I like Simon Pegg a lot as an actor, comedic or otherwise and he did a good job in this one.
    I recommend it.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Pee Wee's Big Holiday - 8/10

In this Netflix original movie, Paul Reubens reprises his role of Pee Wee Herman for another trek across America. After living his whole life in Fairville and never leaving, Pee Wee meets a mysterious stranger (Joe Manganiello playing himself) who encourages him to get out and experience life on the road. After doing some soul searching, he decides to do that and sets out to meet his new friend for his birthday party in New York City. Along the way Pee Wee meets a host of new people and experiences including a trio of bombshell bank robbers, a traveling salesmen, and a farmer with 9 "beautiful daughters".

This movie exists independently of Pee Wee's Big Adventure (and thankfully the awful Big Top Pee Wee) and is basically a series of skits tied loosely together in the guise of a road trip movie. If you like the subversive nature of Pee Wee's brand of humor then you already know if you will like this movie or not. Even though it's not a direct sequel to big adventure, it seems to be a spiritual predecessor. The movie even begins with a strange dream sequence that serves as a catalyst for the events that follow. The jokes range from juvenile to dark which what was always made the character of Pee Wee so special. And I swear Reubens must of made a deal with the devil to look like he does. You can tell that Pee Wee is older, but not the fact that he is actually 63. Must have been LOTS of makeup!

I watched this movie with my son and most of the more adult stuff went over his head and he had hard belly laughs throughout. Our mutual favorite scene takes place in a Snake House attraction off the highway that rivals the Large Marge Scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Really cool to see them pull this movie off, I was excited and nervous about it when I heard it was being made.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I love Big Adventure, I am definitely watching this!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

20. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I love Big Adventure, I am definitely watching this!
    It really is a great successor to Big Adventure. For some reason the opening dream sequence had me dying of laughter. The best thing about Pee Wee is that they don't need any backstory. They don't explain what he was doing the last 30 years. Either you like that type of character and accept him or you don't. Personally I love stuff like a group of 50's style bombshell bankrobbers who he mistakenly lets into his car thinking they are hitchhikers.

"Why are the cops after us? Are you guys WITCHES?!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 12.40.52 PM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	8754

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Daredevil: Season 2- 9/10

Loved this season except a bit disappointed with the finale. Punisher should of have had a bigger impact at the end than he did and wasnt crazy about Electra's storyline. Im not overly familiar with her character but im not sure if the storyline involved here is what was part of the comics with this character maybe somebody can confirm. But her part of the story in the finale was terrible in my opinion. Still looking forward to next season though.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information