Page 669 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 769 1169 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I would recommend that you and the wife watch Ridiculous 6 later, however. I thought it was hilarious.

As good as a million ways to die in the west?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I would say I liked them equally. It's stupid humor. Turn your brain off and laugh.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Victor Frankenstein 7.5/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Not as good enough to make you change your avatar. I liked A Million Ways to Die in the West a bit more, but they were both good.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - 9/10

Don't want to get too much of the plot of this film obviously, so I will just list a few pros and cons. This is a pretty straightforward Star Wars film, but there is enough there at the end to keep you guessing on how the story moves forward. Mild spoilers, but I won't be ruining any of the big plot points.

The Good:

- The new cast is great. You actually WANT to spend more time with them despite the promise of old favorites appearing in this one. I particularly liked Daisy Ridley (Rey) and John Boyega's chemistry.

- The old cast feels like they never missed a beat. Harrison Ford looks awake in a movie for the first time in a long time and does a good job of tying the new to the old in this one.

- The visuals. While there was more practical puppets and sets there was still plenty of CGI to be had but it was all very well done, as is expected in a Star Wars film.

- The humor was disarming but very good. This is not your typical cornball Star Wars humor, there was some legitimate laugh out loud moments (mostly stemming from the new ball droid BB-8 as well as Han Solo of all people). I was surprised at how funny the movie was.

- The new villain Kylo Ren could have very easily been a cut and paste bad guy but he has some good depth. Adam Driver does a fantastic job, especially later in the film.

- The story. Much like Creed and to a lesser extent Jurassic World this movie follows particular beats and themes of the films before it, especially A New Hope. There is just enough new there however so it does not feel derivative. More on that below...

The "Bad"

-The score. I was looking forward to hearing new John Williams music but aside from the cues of classic themes in pivotal moments (the Force Theme, Han and Leia's Theme, etc.) there was nothing that stuck out to me. I may need to revisit this opinion later after seeing it again, but even Duel of the Fates during the Phantom Menace seemed like an instant classic.

-The pacing of the film is almost too fast. The story is not hard to follow, but sometimes you wonder how or why things are happening and JJ Abrams never gives scenes a chance to really breathe. Its almost like he is afraid of quiet moments.

-The Force is starting to be used as an all too convenient Deus Ex Machina. I don't mind a few coincidences, but the random meetups with key characters get to be a little much after a while. I know they have to move the story forward, but using lazy plot devices is not the way to do it.

-While I don't mind keeping themes and structures from the previous films, did they REALLY have to start on another desert planet? I know they are going for more practical on location sets, but there are more climate types to film on than desert, jungle, and snow.

-Once again, the "Wars" part of Star Wars feels a little short changed. I didn't get invested in the big battle at the end outside of the expected one on one matchup at the end. Seeing another bunch of X-Wings vs TIE Fighters against a big base did nothing for me.

Overall though I'm just being nitpicky. I think some really hardcore fans will find more faults with the film, but casual moviegoers will have a great time.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Star Wars 7/10

I'll try not to get into any plot or spoilers.

The obvious disheartening part about this movie is the plot. Why you ask? Because we've seen it before... almost entirely, before. It's a rehash of 4,5,6...and I'm not exaggerating at all. It's not hard to see the complete copy of plot as it SLAPS you in the face. You walk out of the theatre just counting the copies of the previous movies....and sit there and wonder WHY!?!?!? WHY did they have to copy the plots of the other movies that we have known soooooo well?? Why couldn't they come up with a new friggin story line??? I mean, its insulting...because you don't even have to be a die-hard Star Wars 'geek' to flat out feel bombarded with rehash lines, jokes, plots, and similarities.

Mastershake feels the jokes and humor was good... I personally felt it was forced (no pun) and throwing it in there too much. I don't need Hans Solo to ahve a joke out of his mouth every other sentence.

I SO want to talk about allllllllllll the rehash plot points so that I can make my points, but I certainly don't want to have a giant SPOILER message here...perhaps in another thread.

Rey was great... FIN was aweful. He wasn't Hayden Christiansen or Jake Lloyd, bad...but bad. I guess he has room to grow, though.

It's enjoyable, but you walk out feeling very disappointed that they spent so much time giving you a story that you've already seen...and I mean LITERALLY have already seen in the Star Wars anthology.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Star Wars 7/10

I'll try not to get into any plot or spoilers.

The obvious disheartening part about this movie is the plot. Why you ask? Because we've seen it before... almost entirely, before. It's a rehash of 4,5,6...and I'm not exaggerating at all. It's not hard to see the complete copy of plot as it SLAPS you in the face. You walk out of the theatre just counting the copies of the previous movies....and sit there and wonder WHY!?!?!? WHY did they have to copy the plots of the other movies that we have known soooooo well?? Why couldn't they come up with a new friggin story line??? I mean, its insulting...because you don't even have to be a die-hard Star Wars 'geek' to flat out feel bombarded with rehash lines, jokes, plots, and similarities.

Mastershake feels the jokes and humor was good... I personally felt it was forced (no pun) and throwing it in there too much. I don't need Hans Solo to ahve a joke out of his mouth every other sentence.

I SO want to talk about allllllllllll the rehash plot points so that I can make my points, but I certainly don't want to have a giant SPOILER message here...perhaps in another thread.

Rey was great... FIN was aweful. He wasn't Hayden Christiansen or Jake Lloyd, bad...but bad. I guess he has room to grow, though.

It's enjoyable, but you walk out feeling very disappointed that they spent so much time giving you a story that you've already seen...and I mean LITERALLY have already seen in the Star Wars anthology.
    Good point about the humor, it will probably grate on me when I see it again but I liked it for the first viewing. I liked it more than you but I am much more forgiving. Its like when you favorite band puts out an album that is mostly good, so you just listen to it over and over until you come to terms with it!

I was charmed by the movie mostly due to the experience I had. The REAL test will come months or even years from now. Is this a movie I want to revisit on a rainy day with my kid? Right now I say yes but only time will tell.

Speaking of my band analogy, this movie very much felt like a cover song but a damn good one. I really didn't like the new Death Star but hey its Star Wars I guess.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Bad neighbors.

6/10

It was quite funny.

I think Zack Efron is the fittest man alive. #nohomo
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 12-18-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Bad neighbors.

6/10

It was quite funny.

I think Zack Efron is the first man alive. #nohomo
    He must be so old.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He must be so old.
    Hahaha - ****** typos!

I'm really confused Dave. Are you aroused by really old dudes?

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm really confused Dave. Are you aroused by really old dudes?
    Yes, yes he is.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

19. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

I had a great time watching Star Wars.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Star Wars

Orgasmic/10

Probably the 3rd best of the franchise.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Star Wars VII: A New Hope

Great flick/10

If you don't walk out of the theater with a huge grin on your face, you are hopeless.

If you are being critical of this movie, you are a . ... well, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything

Wonderful movie, and had a great time watching it with my 12 year-old daughter. When we got outside, the first thing she said was, "When does the next one come out?"

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information