Page 643 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 1143 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Inside Out - 8.5/10

Pixar movies range from blatant soulless cash-ins like Cars 2 all the way to modern classics that transcend age groups. Inside Out definitely falls into the latter part of that spectrum and is easily their strongest effort in years.

This movie manages to take a complicated concept like emotions and present it in a way that is both entertaining and thought provoking. The movie follows the emotions that live inside the head of a little girl and showcases how what goes on inside our heads is often less in the control of us than we like to think. It beautifully conveys how simple things are when you are a kid and how easy it is to get messed up after the world starts to weigh down on you as you get older. This is all aided by personifying the emotions with the great voice work of Tina Fey (Joy), Lewis Black (Anger), and more.

The film effortlessly weaves together the ideas of how our emotions, memories, and others shape us with all the wit and charm of Pixar when they are at their best. It may sound cliche, but this is definitely a movie that both adults and kids can enjoy and even learn something from.
    Saw this yesterday - great assessment. My only thought is they could have done more with the minds of other people. My favorite part was the dinner table scene.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Saw this yesterday - great assessment. My only thought is they could have done more with the minds of other people. My favorite part was the dinner table scene.
    Yeah I got a good elbow from my wife during that scene. I loved how the inside of the dad's head pretty much reflected mine, especially during football season!

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah I got a good elbow from my wife during that scene. I loved how the inside of the dad's head pretty much reflected mine, especially during football season!
    Ditto! Her and my 19 YO daughter turned to each other and laughed!

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Jurrasic World 7/10. Pretty much exactly what I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Hey guys... I saw Draft Day on HBO a few weeks ago. It sucked more than I imagined it could and my bar was set pretty ******* low.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived DallasChief For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Hey guys... I saw Draft Day on HBO a few weeks ago. It sucked more than I imagined it could and my bar was set pretty ******* low.
    black and white was far worse

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Tusk (Amazon Prime, Netflix)- 6/10

Strange, strange movie from Kevin Smith. The movie centers around a podcast host (Justin Long)(who co-hosts with the guy who played the kid from 6th Sense so many moons ago) to which he flies up to Canada to interview some guy but finds out the guy commits suicide. So not wanting to waste the time up in Canada he replies to an ad where room and board is given from a gentleman who also promises a lifetime of great stories. Well, soon things take a turn for the worst as his host is clearly insane and on a mission to change Long into a Walrus. Not only mentally but physically as the host has been carving up people for a while. There are some genuine comedic moments but the story is just so out there that im not really sure what Smith was really trying to accomplish here. Worth seeing at least once but is a far far cry from the quality of films like Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Zac and Miri, etc. Apparently this is the first in a trilogy that Smith is working on.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Red 2
    7/10
    Good fun. Not as good as the first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That awkward moment
    8/10

I can accept this it's a terrible cliche of a movie - but I really enjoyed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

3 Days of the Condor (Netflix)- 7/10

Redford plays a CIA researcher agent who when coming back from lunch finds all his co-workers murdered. He then kidnaps a woman (Faye Dunaway) and tries to unravel a secret faction within the CIA that is trying to eliminate them because they have stumbled upon something they should not have and could expose said secret faction. A bit dated but interesting enough plot and keeps you guessing pretty much until the end of the movie.

Dear Dead Deliah (Cryptic TV Channel, Roku)- 3/10

Train wreck of a flick where a young woman is sent to prison for murdering her mother and then is released years later. She winds up being invited to an estate where a family of siblings are squabbling over what should be done with the inheritance and estate once the lone shareholder (Deliah who is confined to a wheelchair) has past on which apparently isnt fast enough for some of them. Eventually people start end up being taken out one by one with the main suspect being the recent prisoner, however, not everything is as it seems. Problem is, bad acting, bad execution, and silly ending.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What We Do in the Shadows (Amazon Instant Purchase)- 9/10

Pretty clever movie where a group of old Vampires living in modern day allow a camera crew to follow them around on their adventures both in hunting for food and mingling with other creatures of the night (Werewolves, Zombies, etc). A lot of comedic moments as the vamps try to incorporate themselves into modern life. Their escapades end up creating some very funny episodes using vampire lore. This was good enough to where im going to end up buying this on DVD at some point i liked it so much.

Last edited by Northman; 06-27-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Nightcrawler (currently on Netflix) 8/10

"If it bleeds, it leads!"

When a small time thief with sociopathic tendencies (Jake Gyllenhaal) stumbles upon an accident late one night, he learns of amateur videographers called "Nightcrawlers" who use police scanners and video cameras to be first on the scene to take video that is later sold to news stations. After slowly learning the trade on his own, he hires an "intern" and begins selling videos of accidents and murders to a struggling overnight newsroom producer (Rene Russo) to help bolster her ratings for the morning news. But when he arrives at the scene of a murder before the police even do, he not only films the crime in progress but decides to drag the story out by editing out the identities of the killers with the promise of future exclusive content for more money.

Jake Gyllenhaal is the highlight of this film, and his character would be almost charming if he wasn't so clearly insane and controlling. The story really shows how much news relies on sensationalism and hiding the real story to garner ratings when in fact they should just be reporting the news - not creating it. It is on Netflix now and is definitely worth a watch if you have the time.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Max 5/10
    Very average film. Not as good as expected. Being a handler of service dogs, I thought Max acted completely out of control at times. They said it was because the dog had ptsd. Hmm , ok

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Tusk (Amazon Prime, Netflix)- 6/10

Strange, strange movie from Kevin Smith. The movie centers around a podcast host (Justin Long)(who co-hosts with the guy who played the kid from 6th Sense so many moons ago) to which he flies up to Canada to interview some guy but finds out the guy commits suicide. So not wanting to waste the time up in Canada he replies to an ad where room and board is given from a gentleman who also promises a lifetime of great stories. Well, soon things take a turn for the worst as his host is clearly insane and on a mission to change Long into a Walrus. Not only mentally but physically as the host has been carving up people for a while. There are some genuine comedic moments but the story is just so out there that im not really sure what Smith was really trying to accomplish here. Worth seeing at least once but is a far far cry from the quality of films like Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Zac and Miri, etc. Apparently this is the first in a trilogy that Smith is working on.
    On the set of Zack and Miri is the first time Kevin Smith ACTUALLY smoked pot (thanks to Seth Rogen) despite playing one in all the movies in the View Askewniverse. It was shortly after that when he started getting really into smoking it, and his movies took on a whole new persona. I think it started with Red State, and if you follow his podcasts Tusk was another one that basically he had the fans vote on whether or not he should make.

I like the diversions he took to expand his filmmaking, but I am glad he is currently working on Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3. The guy can write dialogue and tell funny anecdotes like nobodies business, and if you ever get a chance to watch one of his Q and A's they are always really good. Even better, try and see him live he tours quite a bit!

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Ted 2 was a billion times funnier than the first one which I though was crap.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information