Page 641 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 141 541 591 631 639 640 641 642 643 651 691 741 1141 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Get Hard 7/10

Pretty dang funny. But ending was weak.

I was thinking it's been a long time since I've seen Natural Born Killers....definitely a classic I might watch soon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Jurrasic World. 7/10

Good enough, not as good as I hoped.

Star lord rocks it though.

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Jurrasic World. 7/10 Good enough, not as good as I hoped. Star lord rocks it though.
    I kinda want to see that but "things going good until they go bad with the Dino's" at the Dino amusement park seems pretty played even though it's been a long time since the last one.

At least the preview looked like a paint-by-numbers kinda deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Going to see Jurassic World tomorrow. We shall see how it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i heard it was super overrated. might see tonight

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i heard it was super overrated. might see tonight
    As long as you can take off the nostalgia glasses and realize the original Jurassic Park was an average movie with great special effects (that still hold up today!) most of these films can be enjoyable. They are basically monster gone loose movies that are supposed to be fun. If you are expecting high drama and deep characters it can be "overrated" I suppose, but if you are looking for dumb dinosaur fun the movie should deliver.

I'm taking my son to a matinee of Jurassic World tomorrow, looking forward to it. This summer movie season has sucked so far. Avengers: Age of Ultron was very average and if it wasn't for Mad Max I'd call it a complete bust so far.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    As long as you can take off the nostalgia glasses and realize the original Jurassic Park was an average movie with great special effects (that still hold up today!) most of these films can be enjoyable. They are basically monster gone loose movies that are supposed to be fun. If you are expecting high drama and deep characters it can be "overrated" I suppose, but if you are looking for dumb dinosaur fun the movie should deliver. I'm taking my son to a matinee of Jurassic World tomorrow, looking forward to it. This summer movie season has sucked so far. Avengers: Age of Ultron was very average and if it wasn't for Mad Max I'd call it a complete bust so far.
    I guess my thing was a Dino amusement park is already pretty interesting. A bunch of moronic, highly improbable decisions that result in a PG-13 horror flick is pretty well tread ground.

Seemed there must be something else you can do there with living Dino's.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Jurassic World 8/10

Not too shabby. I really enjoyed it. The raptor military unit is badass. Some parts were a bit laughable, but hey its a summer blockbuster. Very enjoyable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Jurassic World- 7/10

Obviously i liked the setting with the new dino's, park setup, etc. Loved the idea of the raptor pack working with a trainer, i kind of wish they had expanded more on the action with part of it. Felt they went to the sea dinosaur well a little too often and focused way too much on the kids. Either way, decent enough flick and entertaining never the less. A lot of it was predictable in terms of what the "mystery" dinosaur was a combination of. I was kind of hoping the oldest child would of gotten eaten. That would of been a nice twist and pleasant surprise but to no avail.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Jurassic World- 7/10

I was kind of hoping the oldest child would of gotten eaten.

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Jurassic World - 7.5/10

Sounds like I am with the others here. This was a slightly above average Summer movie with some good action set pieces and just enough interest in the characters to make you a tiny bit invested. Chris Pratt steals the show here, though I wish they would have played to his charm more as they did in Guardians of the Galaxy. Some of the parts I thought would be dumb based off the trailers worked pretty well (the Raptor training) and this film had what the last 2 sequels were lacking, mainly a sense of fun.

It was nice to see a fully realized Jurassic World theme park, but they need to push the narrative further than "we shouldn't mess with nature" if there are going to be any more sequels. The idea of a human "alpha" pack leader was interesting but in the end this just felt like a bigger, faster re-envisioning of the original Jurassic Park. Fun time at the matinee, but thats about it.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so, see it in the theater or not at all?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so, see it in the theater or not at all?
    If you are even remotely interested in Summer spectacle type films you should try and see it in the theater. I won't go see all of them (San Andreas looks way too dumb for my tastes despite the special effects) but something like Jurassic World fit the bill for me because I had good memories of seeing the original when I was about 14. I was mostly watching my son's reactions to the dinosaur mayhem so it was worth it for that alone, but there is something to be said about going to see a movie like that with a good audience and ATMOS or Dolby Digital Sound.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Inside Out - 8.5/10

Pixar movies range from blatant soulless cash-ins like Cars 2 all the way to modern classics that transcend age groups. Inside Out definitely falls into the latter part of that spectrum and is easily their strongest effort in years.

This movie manages to take a complicated concept like emotions and present it in a way that is both entertaining and thought provoking. The movie follows the emotions that live inside the head of a little girl and showcases how what goes on inside our heads is often less in the control of us than we like to think. It beautifully conveys how simple things are when you are a kid and how easy it is to get messed up after the world starts to weigh down on you as you get older. This is all aided by personifying the emotions with the great voice work of Tina Fey (Joy), Lewis Black (Anger), and more.

The film effortlessly weaves together the ideas of how our emotions, memories, and others shape us with all the wit and charm of Pixar when they are at their best. It may sound cliche, but this is definitely a movie that both adults and kids can enjoy and even learn something from.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information