Page 543 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 1043 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    While preparing to go to north Dakota I packed all my favorite movies I haven't seen in a while, the list includes

Dogma
    Jay and silent Bob strike back
    Beetle juice
    Barman begins
    And last but not least
    My cousin Vinny!

I try to watch these movies at least once a year but usually more often. Tonight is beetle juice
    I love my cousin vinny. There is so much subtle humor in this movie. I pick up something new each time I watch it.

Two utes.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I love my cousin vinny. There is so much subtle humor in this movie. I pick up something new each time I watch it.

Two utes.
    It's a toss up between that and mall rats for my favorite movie of all time
    Free Hotcarl!

4. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Another fine selection you have made my friend. I like vinny better but I can watch mall rats more often.

It's a schooner.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Another fine selection you have made my friend. I like vinny better but I can watch mall rats more often.

It's a schooner.
    I can watch both repetitively
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So, Guardians of the Galaxy is what Pacific Rim wishes it was. It's an effortless two hours to sit through, I didn't even realize it was two hours long. The humor is very modern, the action is great, but most importantly it has the heart that so many movies (like Pacific Rim) lack. It gives off a very optimistic vibe, which is exactly what I look for in a "superhero" or comic book movie. I'm going to continue riding this current level of excitement i'm feeling and proclaim it the best Marvel movie yet. Be sure to stay until the very end of the credits. It's one of the most wholly enjoyable movies i've ever seen. It's almost like Starship Troopers had a baby with Pacific Rim and Space Jam.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Runner Runner with JT and Affleck - I actually like Affleck, but JT is every bit as suave as any of those Rat Pack Douche Canoes Rex was talking about. The film was a lot of shite thought - 5/10

GI Joe Retaliation - Atrocious - 3/10 the only reason if got 3 was Lady Jay is visually pleasing and we have just had sex (although she was not physically present at the time)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Downloaded- 10/10

Really good documentary on the whole Napster ordeal. If you have netflix you can view this. Henry Rollins totally nails all my sentiments regarding file sharing/downloading.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    So, Guardians of the Galaxy is what Pacific Rim wishes it was. It's an effortless two hours to sit through, I didn't even realize it was two hours long. The humor is very modern, the action is great, but most importantly it has the heart that so many movies (like Pacific Rim) lack. It gives off a very optimistic vibe, which is exactly what I look for in a "superhero" or comic book movie. I'm going to continue riding this current level of excitement i'm feeling and proclaim it the best Marvel movie yet. Be sure to stay until the very end of the credits. It's one of the most wholly enjoyable movies i've ever seen. It's almost like Starship Troopers had a baby with Pacific Rim and Space Jam.
    I agree.

Gaurdians of the Galaxy 9/10

Mix a bit of Indiana Jones, a dash of Star Wars, and a whole lot of humor and action and you get one of the best movies of the year. The humor and action alone make this a must see. Drax the Destroyer was my favorite. The movie was gorgeous, too.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I agree.

Gaurdians of the Galaxy 9/10

Mix a bit of Indiana Jones, a dash of Star Wars, and a whole lot of humor and action and you get one of the best movies of the year. The humor and action alone make this a must see. Drax the Destroyer was my favorite. The movie was gorgeous, too.
    WOW really, I wasn't interested at all in this movie and I normally like Marvel movies..... I was expecting you guys to give it a 2 or 3 and citch about it. I'm surprised.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    WOW really, I wasn't interested at all in this movie and I normally like Marvel movies..... I was expecting you guys to give it a 2 or 3 and citch about it. I'm surprised.
    When I first heard about it I had doubts, but over the last year or so the more I saw the more I liked. Plus I won't even see a movie (Marvel or otherwise) if there is even an inkling I wouldn't at least enjoy it a little bit. I skipped a ton of movies this summer for that very reason.

This is the type of movie that if you aren't bought into what they are selling and how they present it within the first 20 minutes then you never will. It is unlike any other Marvel movie with its fast pace and rapid fire humor and action. Some of the stuff works better than others, and there was only one part of the movie I felt that dragged on but even that was handled well. The new Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America all had very serious and dark tones and this is almost the polar opposite. Its bright, vivid, funny, and just plain fun. There is a reason its above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

And like I said earlier there are scenes and images that seemed to be ripped right from Star Wars or Indiana Jones just with a more tongue-in-cheek twist. Its Science Fiction rooted in old western and fantasy serials with an 80's action movie vibe and a huge budget. Where as some movies ask you to turn off your brain to enjoy them, this one just grabs you and takes you along for the ride whether you want to go or not.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I will definitely go see it after that review. Starship Troopers had a baby with Pacific Rim and Space Jam. HA!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I will definitely go see it after that review. Starship Troopers had a baby with Pacific Rim and Space Jam. HA!
    Add a bit of the Heavy Metal cartoon to it as well and it sounds about right. The first big action scene has a Raiders of the Lost Ark vibe to it.

Just to temper everyone though, there is a LOT of hyperbole about this movie right now because its so good but don't get too high of expectations. It's "like" a lot of other movies and that is a strength and a weakness. Plus the bad guy is laughably evil and his motives are as dumb and one dimensional as any supervillian in a comic.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

"The best Marvel movie yet" is like "the hottest chick MO has boned this year" or "atwater27's best political post ever". Could there ever be a lower bar?

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    "The best Marvel movie yet" is like "the hottest chick MO has boned this year" or "atwater27's best political post ever". Could there ever be a lower bar?
    Are you excited for the completion of the Hobbit trilogy in December, Buff?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Are you excited for the completion of the Hobbit trilogy in December, Buff?
    I demand that we create a containment thread for that. The concentration of nerdiness is going to be more than I can handle.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information