Page 4 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

I just saw Across the Universe.....10/10 for sure. I really enjoyed it. There was only ONE scene where I was like....this is no necessary at all, but otherwise I love it.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

"30 days of night"........worst Vampire movie since "Dracula 2000".

Carrie (1976) 9.3 - I still like the origional Shinning and IT better so has a little lower grade then those other Stephen King movies. The acting, the direction, the script...this film got it all right. Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, after about 13-16 years absence from films, were both nominated for Academy Awards... practically unheard of for a horror film. The entire cast is top notch (even John Travolta is in it... but a small role) but it is the true creepiness of Carrie that seeps through time and time again.

Lest we not forget Brian DePalma's direction...flawless!! And the music to the film is integrated so well. There is not one thing "wrong" with this horror film.

Some people will dislike the ending, while others will think it was superb and very very origional.

Best line..."I can see your dirtypillows."

The Reaping 6.3 - I found this film to be very boring and as if they tried to hard to make it thrilling. It's no masterpiece. That's a given. Despite some really awful CG special effects and plot devices; I found the Reaping to be an OK way to spend an hour and a half... It is a watchable movie and will have you entertained in some parts... and not because of Hillary swank... only because of the story line. The ending was awfull and feel like they gave up on the movie. There was a couple decent twists and turns here and there... I just can't believe they are going to make a sequal.

Unrest 7.2 - Few horror movie settings have been more underused or made poor use of as medical school/ dissections/ autopsies. The best one is perhaps Anatomie (Anatomy) from Germany. A lot has been made about the possible use of real cadavers for this film and after seeing it, I'm not sure that is the case (I can explain this in detail if needed). The story itself is OK, but it could be better. Also typical for American films, the filmmakers did a lousy job researching some of the themes used in the movie. For some reason to explain the whole ghost aspect, they introduced an Aztec fertility goddess to sort of connect the thing with the corpse from Brazil. However, the Aztecs where never in Brazil but in Mexico. This movie is watchable but not scary.

Bee Movie 6.7 - The looks of the movie was good. The story line... specially for kids was horrible. It was boring for all ages. Has some funny parts. I think they tried to hard to gear towards adults. This whole movie was a complete mess. I never heard so many kids talking at the movie theater from being bored. The jokes were to far and between from eachother with most not being funny. Again just a very very "Boring" movie for me and my family... and by the sounds... 90 percent of the theater

28 Weeks Later - 7/10

Not too bad. I'm a big fan of Robert Carlyle. So naturally since he was in it and played a major role, I had to see it. The first film was better than this one. But, this one was pretty good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker

Default Big Hype but not impressed... BEE Movie

Took our 8 year old to see the BEE. Not impressed and neither was she! (Who am I dr. suess??) Just wait til it comes out on DVD, my advice to you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by schnooks1 View Post
    Took our 8 year old to see the BEE. Not impressed and neither was she! (Who am I dr. suess??) Just wait til it comes out on DVD, my advice to you anyway!
    I was thinking more, Sam I Am.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

SUPERBAD .... Hillarious!!!!! Low brow in some moments and witty in others. Laugh trip from beginning to end. Not for kids though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

beatiful girls 9/10

fantastic movie! funny, and very realistic. . . awesome cast, including a young natalie portman. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the mist 6.5/10

hardly mind-blowing, but i liked it-- a solid if unspectatcular movie, it's worth seeing at least once. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Apocalypto

9.5/10

I absolutely LOVED this movie. I was real worried about it at first, but this movie is extremely entertaining. Edge of your seat with the chases through the jungles too and there is plenty of character development. I really felt for the main character in the film and was thoroughly entertained in this movie. I highly recommend this movie.

Stephen King's The Mist (2007) 9/10 -

I am a huge fan of Steven King and he nails the transformation from Book to movie yet again. I read The Mist when I was very very little and was a pretty terrifying storie then. This is a overall wonderful horror movie that will have you thinking about the movie well after you see it. While there are monsters in the mist, the film really demonstrates that the heart of man can be much more horrific than any monsters outside.

There were some modification made to the ending of the story, but I think Darabont gave it a fair treatment. The ending of the novel was is pretty disturbing and will have you thinking about what happened... While the ending of the movie is going to make ALOT of people probably hate the movie, from how it made them feel. It is heart breaking.

Marcia Gay Harden had her best performance. Acting overall was very good. I had a many expectations of this film. I was not dissapointed.

I think anyone that is going to rate this movie bad is either not going to be a huge fan of horror movies or disliked the ending. We all know Stephen King has a tough time ending his books... Darabont did the right thing and doing the ending this way. It is dark, very dark, but I really thought it was brilliant.

A great movie because it haunts you long after youve seen it. If the visuals would have been "excellent" this movie could have been easilly ALOT higher

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I just saw Across the Universe.....10/10 for sure. I really enjoyed it. There was only ONE scene where I was like....this is no necessary at all, but otherwise I love it.
    Lucky, I have to wait until Feb 5th to watch it. They didn't show it here.

I'm a big Beatles fan though so I hope it lives up to my already high expectations.

Anybody know is August Rush was any good?

I watched a heap of films on my flights so here goes.

Knocked up! Hilarious 7.5/10

Transformers (about 4 times), still an 8.

1408 (a Stephen King film from a short story) 7.5/10 (very good adaptation)

Ratatouille (took my niece and nephews to it!) Fabulous! 8.5/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 7/10

Pirates of the Caribbean 8.5/10 (great finish)

Die Hard 4.0 7/10 lots of fun, and I love Timothy Olyphant.

Hairspray 6/10. Fun, but JOhn Travolta kinda sucked.

Shrek 3 8/10. So cool!
    Last edited by Kapaibro; 12-10-2007 at 07:29 AM.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information