Page 497 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 597 997 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I guess I missed what Big Bang theory did.
    Indian Jones is completely irrelevant to Raiders. If he wasn't in it at all, it would have ended the exact same way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Indian Jones is completely irrelevant to Raiders. If he wasn't in it at all, it would have ended the exact same way.
    That's false.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

That's false.
    Unfortunately its true. Without Indy the Nazis still find the ark, take it to the island to test it, and are all killed. Google will give u a ton of results for full explanations. Sorry mo, I hated it too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Unfortunately its true. Without Indy the Nazis still find the ark, take it to the island to test it, and are all killed. Google will give u a ton of results for full explanations. Sorry mo, I hated it too.
    Without Indy's connection to Marion's father, how do the Nazis find the medallion?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Without Indy's connection to Marion's father, how do the Nazis find the medallion?
    I'm too busy to argue it Mo, I don't like the result as it killed raiders for me. If u really want to know Google it. I honestly advise against it though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm too busy to argue it Mo, I don't like the result as it killed raiders for me. If u really want to know Google it.
    I did. I still disagree.

I'm with mo.....

Without Indy:

- Marion would be dead
    - they would not have found the ark (as German dude only had half of it on his hand)
    - Indy wouldn't have been commissioned by the museum to find artifacts (maybe)
    - the ark would have been opened in Germany? where they were trying to fly it back before Indy blew up the plane and base.
    - beloche likely would not have gotten on with the nazis. Without him steeling the little gold man he probably wouldn't have the reputation of being a good archeologist. And apparently that is not the first artifact he could not find and had to steal from Indy.
    - did Indy know salaa before? If not he wouldn't be in the last crusade.
    - Marcus Brody would not be alive if not for Indy
    - Marcus Brody would then not be in last crusade because he is dead......nope disregard the last two. That was last crusade. Brody wasn't in raiders.

- I need to see raiders again.

- Shakira is Effin hot!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I'm with mo.....

Without Indy:

- Marion would be dead
    - they would not have found the ark (as German dude only had half of it on his hand)
    - Indy wouldn't have been commissioned by the museum to find artifacts (maybe)
    - the ark would have been opened in Germany? where they were trying to fly it back before Indy blew up the plane and base.
    - beloche likely would not have gotten on with the nazis. Without him steeling the little gold man he probably wouldn't have the reputation of being a good archeologist. And apparently that is not the first artifact he could not find and had to steal from Indy.
    - did Indy know salaa before? If not he wouldn't be in the last crusade.
    - Marcus Brody would not be alive if not for Indy
    - Marcus Brody would then not be in last crusade because he is dead......nope disregard the last two. That was last crusade. Brody wasn't in raiders.

- I need to see raiders again.

- Shakira is Effin hot!
    Yeah the only argument you COULD make it that maybe it would have taken longer to find the medallion piece, but they would still have the wrong staff length and everything else. I try not to over think a movie series where a man can outrun water in a mine, survive falling in a raft onto a mountain, and escape a nuclear blast in a refrigerator.

If you want to question anything about Raiders of the Lost Ark, it would be how Indy managed to hold onto a submarine all the way to the island where the Nazis were going to open the Ark. They kind of explained it in the comic and a deleted scene, but for the average movie goer it is something that usually goes unnoticed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bSsDL.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	4408

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah the only argument you COULD make it that maybe it would have taken longer to find the medallion piece, but they would still have the wrong staff length and everything else. I try not to over think a movie series where a man can outrun water in a mine, survive falling in a raft onto a mountain, and escape a nuclear blast in a refrigerator.

If you want to question anything about Raiders of the Lost Ark, it would be how Indy managed to hold onto a submarine all the way to the island where the Nazis were going to open the Ark. They kind of explained it in the comic and a deleted scene, but for the average movie goer it is something that usually goes unnoticed.

Name:	bSsDL.jpg 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	4408

I just always assumed he opened the latch and hid inside....?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just always assumed he opened the latch and hid inside....?
    Nope.

In the screenplay it has Indy hanging on to the top of the submarine and it never drops below the surface. He attached his bullwhip to the periscope and hangs on for the duration of the ride. Here is the excerpt from the scene that was partially shot:

135 EXT. THE PERISCOPE – NIGHT

The submarine has stopped. The water is calm. The moon
    is bright. A gentle swell splashes Indy awake. He blinks,
    tries to regain his senses. He makes an inventory of his
    body. Surprised to find himself intact, his spirits lift.
    Some hidden reserve of energy flows through him. He frees
    his aching arms from the wet leather of his whip, leaving
    only one loop around his waist to hold him to the sub. He
    rubs his hands and stretches. Once again, he has survived.
    To fight again.
    http://sfy.ru/sfy.html?script=raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Here is a photo of the unused shoot from the scene, complete with a scale model Indy clinging to the model:

Name:	Tc38u.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	4409

And the comic which was based on the final screenplay referenced above:

Name:	L1d5c.jpg 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	4410

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Nope.

In the screenplay it has Indy hanging on to the top of the submarine and it never drops below the surface. He attached his bullwhip to the periscope and hangs on for the duration of the ride. Here is the excerpt from the scene that was partially shot:

http://sfy.ru/sfy.html?script=raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Here is a photo of the unused shoot from the scene, complete with a scale model Indy clinging to the model:

Name:	Tc38u.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	4409

And the comic which was based on the final screenplay referenced above:

Name:	L1d5c.jpg 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	4410

Stop telling communist lies! I shall have none.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

your forgetting about the connection Marion's father and a former Hitler youth had years prior.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    your forgetting about the connection Marion's father and a former Hitler youth had years prior.
    Still. If Indy isn't on the island, the Ark doesn't end up in a CIA warehouse. It's still in the hands of Nazis because they are the only people who would know where it was because the Americans would be clueless and. Hitler would then win the war and Fatherland would be a true story.

Still. If Indy isn't on the island, the Ark doesn't end up in a CIA warehouse. It's still in the hands of Nazis because they are the only people who would know where it was because the Americans would be clueless and. Hitler would then win the war and Fatherland would be a true story.
    I'm just saying it's possible that the Nazi's could have known about the Medallion without the connection between Indy and Marion's father.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Arguing over Indiana Jones, how cute.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information