Page 464 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 964 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Fast and the Furious 6- 9/10

Loved the easter egg with Statham.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters -- My Kids Loved It / 10.

This is your formulaic fantasy kids/teen movie that Harry Potter cashed in on. But it's a fun roller coaster ride if you want to put your mind away for 90 minutes.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters -- My Kids Loved It / 10.

This is your formulaic fantasy kids/teen movie that Harry Potter cashed in on. But it's a fun roller coaster ride if you want to put your mind away for 90 minutes.
    My son loves the first one. I guess we need to do a family movie night and watch that one.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Elysium 7/10
    Pretty dumb, I liked the concept of the movie but overall it pretty much sucked. I gave it a 7 because I like Matt Damon and the bad guy, who was also in district 9 and the A team. I like him. Otherwise it's not very good.

Pacific rim
    8.5/10

Thought it was great. I remember all the bad reviews people gave it here. Not really a really good movie per say but it was entertaining throughout. It had cool ideas and decent action scenes. It IMO has a very high rewatch factor despite not being a solid good movie. Would def recommend.

World war z 8/10
    Lots of people didn't like it. The ending was extremely predictable with the camoflauging. Still I was entertained and enjoyed it. There were some parts they messed up and I'm not sure if it was because I was in an airplane but there was one pear where they are in an airplane and then suddenly he is on the ground.....I didn't get that at all. Thinking maybe because I was in a plane I lost connection or something? Not sure. Anyway, it held my attention and I would watch again but maybe only once or twice tops. Pacific rim had pretty much if it's on and there is nothing better I'd watch it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Wolf of Wall Street - 6/10

I wanted to love this - and expected to love it since I am such a big Scorsese fan. Maybe I just didn't know what I was getting myself into. It's entirely possible that the movie will grow on me after I give it some more consideration. I was expecting something like Goodfellas meets Wallstreet, but it's more like Fear and Loathing. Oddly self indulgent. Tons of over-the-top drugs and sex and boorishness. There were multiple people who walked out on the movie (mostly women from what I could gather). Kind of a weird movie going experience that I wanted to be over about halfway into it. The story meandered. I didn't really feel a connection to any of the characters.

That said - it was entertaining, and I think Dicaprio and Jonah Hill were excellent. There were some really hot naked chicks. But overall not what I was hoping for. I remember being blown away by The Departed - whereas I kind of left scratching my head as to what I just watched with this movie.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The Wolf of Wall Street - 6/10

I wanted to love this - and expected to love it since I am such a big Scorsese fan. Maybe I just didn't know what I was getting myself into. It's entirely possible that the movie will grow on me after I give it some more consideration. I was expecting something like Goodfellas meets Wallstreet, but it's more like Fear and Loathing. Oddly self indulgent. Tons of over-the-top drugs and sex and boorishness. There were multiple people who walked out on the movie (mostly women from what I could gather). Kind of a weird movie going experience that I wanted to be over about halfway into it. The story meandered. I didn't really feel a connection to any of the characters.

That said - it was entertaining, and I think Dicaprio and Jonah Hill were excellent. There were some really hot naked chicks. But overall not what I was hoping for. I remember being blown away by The Departed - whereas I kind of left scratching my head as to what I just watched with this movie.
    Jonah Hill is in it? Wow, that just sealed it for me. Not gonna waste my money. Dude is one of the worst actors in Hollywood history, and all the sudden Scorsese wants him? What naked pictures of a Hollywood executive does that guy have?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Jonah Hill is in it? Wow, that just sealed it for me. Not gonna waste my money. Dude is one of the worst actors in Hollywood history, and all the sudden Scorsese wants him? What naked pictures of a Hollywood executive does that guy have?
    Jonah Hill is a one truck pony IMO. He's great in movies like Superbad, This Is The End, etc which makes it really hard to take him seriously in movies like Money Ball...and then he gets an Oscar nomination out of it.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Anchorman 2. I'll have to say 8/10. It's funny in most parts. A little over-the-top at times, which is what Will Ferrell does. I think it's a 7, but the fact that they had a "moral to the story" made it an 8. They sum up how crappy the news has become. So it's not only people being stupid. There's a point in there, and I like it.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

American Hustle - 9/10

"People will believe what they want to believe."

That phrase is uttered more than once in this film and serves as a catalyst for the characters and how they interact with one another. Based loosely on a true story of corruption and takedowns of Congressmen and one U.S. Senator in 1978, this movie draws you in with very nuanced performances from an all star cast, humor, and a great story and setting. When two low level con-artists (Christian Bale and Amy Adams) are busted by the FBI, an agent (Bradley Cooper) recruits them to help him make a name for himself by getting 4 busts of the bigger fish with their assistance. In return they get off and can move on with their lives.

Pretty soon it becomes apparent that the mob and the politicians are involved in a bribery plot to rebuild the floundering Atlantic City which was still struggling despite legalizing gambling.

Fake accents, bad comb overs, and perms highlight the false nature of each character and the plot twists and weaves effortlessly to one of the more satisfying movies I've seen this year. Highly recommended for fans of American cinema in what has been a rough year for quality adult oriented movies. Bonus points for Louis C.K. in his first big screen role and his ice fishing story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	american-hustle-posters-sony.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	3967
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    American Hustle - 9/10

"People will believe what they want to believe."

That phrase is uttered more than once in this film and serves as a catalyst for the characters and how they interact with one another. Based loosely on a true story of corruption and takedowns of Congressmen and one U.S. Senator in 1978, this movie draws you in with very nuanced performances from an all star cast, humor, and a great story and setting. When two low level con-artists (Christian Bale and Amy Adams) are busted by the FBI, an agent (Bradley Cooper) recruits them to help him make a name for himself by getting 4 busts of the bigger fish with their assistance. In return they get off and can move on with their lives.

Pretty soon it becomes apparent that the mob and the politicians are involved in a bribery plot to rebuild the floundering Atlantic City which was still struggling despite legalizing gambling.

Fake accents, bad comb overs, and perms highlight the false nature of each character and the plot twists and weaves effortlessly to one of the more satisfying movies I've seen this year. Highly recommended for fans of American cinema in what has been a rough year for quality adult oriented movies. Bonus points for Louis C.K. in his first big screen role and his ice fishing story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	american-hustle-posters-sony.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	3967
    Man I'm really kicking myself for not going to that and going to the IMHO awful Anchorman 2.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Anchorman 2. I'll have to say 8/10. It's funny in most parts. A little over-the-top at times, which is what Will Ferrell does. I think it's a 7, but the fact that they had a "moral to the story" made it an 8. They sum up how crappy the news has become. So it's not only people being stupid. There's a point in there, and I like it.
    A little over the top at times? Yeah, and Beaches is a little bit of a chick flick.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Wolverine- 6/10

Zzzzzzzzzzz

While the plot itself had some potential it just wasnt executed very well and overall the characters were just not interesting enough for me to really like this. The other Wolverine movie was worlds better than this.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Man I'm really kicking myself for not going to that and going to the IMHO awful Anchorman 2.
    Haha! I'm lucky because I enjoyed both movies, but yes if you only get to see a few movies every now and then this was definitely the better one.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Saw Grudge Match tonight with DeNiro and Stallone. I give it a 3 out of 5. Not bad, entertaining. It was ok.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

21. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug. 9/10

But Smaug wasn't desolate d so I could only give it a 9 because the title was misleading. A great movie but me and my bro were a little disappointed by the ending.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

23. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information