Page 423 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 923 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Movie theaters are already obsolete in my mind. I have no use for them.
    They cost too much. I know that complaint is cliche at this point, but it's true. I can get up on Sundays and miss football to watch mediocre movies, or I can watch them at home and in some online fashion. Gee, one of these is vastly superior to the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They cost too much. I know that complaint is cliche at this point, but it's true. I can get up on Sundays and miss football to watch mediocre movies, or I can watch them at home and in some online fashion. Gee, one of these is vastly superior to the others.
    For most movies I completely agree. But if you are going to see a movie heavy on special effects and explosions it's just not the same. You can go to a couple of movies a year without completely breaking your wallet.

As for missing football, the blockbusters come out before football season.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

To BTB's point, I think they still have a place for stuff like Avatar 3D IMAX - where there is a clear value add above what you can get at home. But for the most part, it's just inconvenient and overpriced. An outdated business model.
    Last edited by Buff; 08-13-2013 at 08:04 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

To BDB's point, I think they still have a place for stuff like Avatar 3D IMAX - where there is a clear value add above what you can get at home. But for the most part, it's just inconvenient and overpriced. An outdated business model.
    This is correct.

If a regular theater around here had ticket prices for under ten dollars, I would go occasionally. I do enjoy watching a movie at a theater. But if I'm taking some chunky bitch, who is only with me because she has no self-esteem, I don't want to pay that much money.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

This is correct.

If a regular theater around here had ticket prices for under ten dollars, I would go occasionally. I do enjoy watching a movie at a theater. But if I'm taking some chunky bitch, who is only with me because she has no self-esteem, I don't want to pay that much money.
    I see most of my movies on matinee shows at Harkins out here. Their big screen (the Cine Capri) prices are 8.50 and the regular tickets are 7.50. The prime time showings are $10 and $9 I think. They even have a loyalty cup that you can bring back and fill up for 1.50 each time. Short of an event movie (like the next Star Wars) which I will see on opening night, I see a few movies a month on a saturday matinee for around $10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

To BTB's point, I think they still have a place for stuff like Avatar 3D IMAX - where there is a clear value add above what you can get at home. But for the most part, it's just inconvenient and overpriced. An outdated business model.
    Yeah, definitely not worth the price for anything other than that type of movie. And while the business model might be outdates, theaters couldn't stay in business if they dropped their prices at all.

Also, I haven't seen any BTB in this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I still love going to the theater. I don't go to the movies I like nearly as much as I used to because having young kids makes it harder but I still love to go when I can. We have a nice new 7 screen theater in Rifle so I've gone more in the last two years or so than I had in the few years prior.

Some movies you just need to see on the big screen, like The Dark Knight Rises.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, definitely not worth the price for anything other than that type of movie. And while the business model might be outdates, theaters couldn't stay in business if they dropped their prices at all.

Also, I haven't seen any BTB in this thread.
    I did not know that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I did not know that.
    Movie studios take such a big cut of ticket sales that theaters have to jack food prices up to make any money. And they have to charge what they do to tickets to pay the studios what they require. So while it sucks what theaters charge these days, they really don't have a choice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

All i know Elysium was amazing in IMAX.

Great Gatsby =8/10 Loved the way the brought the book onto the screen. Leo was amazing as always.

Pain & Gain 7/10 one of the most bizzare and hilarious movies i have seen. The Rock is toooooooooooo funny in this role. Watch it, some parts are a bit disturbing, but the comedy is too good to miss.

Zodiac...7/10

Interesting watch if nothing else going on and kill some time...

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    pretty interesting how they made that set.

They used HD video shot from a mountain top in hawaii in a time lapse. Took the video at almost every time of day and night, and surrounded the platform where they live , with massive HD screens. Then composted the rest of the sky into it. Tom Cruise said it made him feel like he was thousands of feet in the air, and helped him act more realistically. He said he wanted to take the set home with him and live there instead of his house.

I recommend watching "Making of Oblivion".
    ...thx for the recommend vLord...was interesting to watch.

Vid below in case anyone else wants to take a look:

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I still love going to the theater. I don't go to the movies I like nearly as much as I used to because having young kids makes it harder but I still love to go when I can. We have a nice new 7 screen theater in Rifle so I've gone more in the last two years or so than I had in the few years prior.

Some movies you just need to see on the big screen, like The Dark Knight Rises.

For me its not even about having to see a certain type of movie on screen. I just love it, the wife and i outside of the occasional movie (maybe we see 5-6 movies a year in the theaters depending if its at the drive in or not) will only go see some concerts which is even lower since our main gig is the Maryland Deathfest every year.

It can be pricey but so is a lot of things but outside of music i love watching movies. Whether its at home watching netflix or going to see movies i really want to see in the theaters. We dont have kids so for us its just something for us to go do since the rest of the time we are working.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Begotten- NR (No Rating)

I know weird right? Its not that the movie was bad nor was it about it being good. Im just indifferent to it and found it interesting if anything. I follow some chick on FB who does a lot of viewing and reviewing of horror movies and seh mentioned this movie from 1990. It was directed by the same guy who did "Shadow of the Vampire" with Dafoe and John Malkovich which i really liked. However, i tried looking on netflix and other sources to see if i could find it but had no luck. But there is a link on Youtube for it and it runs about hour and 12 minutes. Its a silent film, shot in black and white. For those who know some of Marilyn Manson's work with video's (Antichrist Superstar) you will see the familiarity as he shot a couple of videos for Manson back then.

The movie is basically about how God at the beginning disembowels himself to which Mother Earth then arises and is born. She then (granted i was watching this on a 15' monitor so it was tough to see at times) proceeds to jerk off the corpse of God and gets the semen produced to which in some bizarre way impregnates herself. She later has the Son of Earth to which later on they are confronted by a group of men (i think its been described as cannibals but uncertain) who proceed to rape her and then dismember them both. At the end their bodies seep into the ground producing flowers and shit.

As i said, bizarre so i really dont even know how to rate it but found it interesting none the less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Oblivion - 8/10

Even though Cruise has become such a friggin weirdo off screen it's scary, dude is still a great actor and the visuals in this movie were damn near perfect...

...killer swimming pool too.
    Watched it last night. Once you get over the fact that Cruse is in the movie, it's very entertaining. Cool plot.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information