Page 3 of 1170 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

i just saw halloween....i never see horror movies but this one was pretty crazy. im glad it didnt show any small children or babies getting killed. really as i said i never see a horror mainly because the concept of killing after killing and torturing someone is pretty demonic. but i guess if your into movies like this then this would be about a 9 out of 10.

the same could be said for action movies i guess, yet i love action movies. i guess its just the nature of it.

anyone like suspense movies? creepy erie suspenseful ones? like the stephen king, room 1402, the shining, lost highway type ones???
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Onibus 174 (Bus 174) 9.2 - is a Brazilian documentary film released on October 22, 2002. It is the debut film of director Jose Padilha and co-director Felipe Lacerda.

The film's subject is the June 12, 2000 bus hijacking that occurred in Rio de Janeiro. Sandro do Nascimento, a young man from a poor background, bungled a robbery and ended up holding the passengers on a bus hostage for four hours. The event was caught live on television.

The movie examines the incident and what life is like in the slums and favelas of Rio de Janeiro and how the criminal justice system in Brazil treats the lower classes.

It has a 100% critics' rating at RottenTomatoes.com

The Lives of others (2006) (Also Known as Leben der Anderen, Das) 9.6 - This is an outstanding movie. It's one of the best I have seen in recent years. The Oscar it earned for Best Foreign Film was well deserved. To be honest with you it should have won Best Film in general, because it was a far better movie than The Departed. The first 90 minutes are slow at times, but stay engrossed because the last 15 minutes of this movie are incredibly powerful and riveting. Even though what they do this first 90 minutes makes you fill like you are there.

The director takes some big chances down the stretch and they all pay off. Beyond the ending, there are so many interesting little wrinkles to the movie. It doesn't take any bad steps. When the wall comes down it doesn't treat it as a liberation of the key players in the film. Their reactions are much more sophisticated and realistic than you could ever imagine.

Just a marvelous piece of work.
    Last edited by Nick; 10-08-2007 at 11:11 AM.

The Devil's Backbone (2001) (Also know as El Espinazo del Diablo) 9.2 - Guillermo del Toro Director is awsome! You might know him from Pan's Labyrinth (2006), and Hell Boy. He is coming out with Hell Boy 2 and The Orphanage (2008) which looks like it is going to be fantastic. Out of the brilliant mind of Guillermo Del Toro comes a movie that will take you on a dark tour through war, isolation, and fear of the supernatural. The story takes place in an orphanage.

The movie starts out with a simple story of a boy named Carlos Tielve) that has been left there by his tutor(Who looks a lot like American actor Tom Sizemore)and must live with the bully, Jaime (played by a gifted young actor named Inigo Garces)and his followers, which are basically all of them. Carlos, who is curious like a cat finds out soon that there is someone else living with them in the orphanage; a ghost that has been hunting the school from the time a bomb fell in their yard and didn't detonate. Nevertheless, a rumour that a boy named Santi had runaway the day of the bomb will be disproven. Then you mind wonders with questions.

The movie becomes a great film at about half way through it when you get to know Casares and Carmen platonic couple. You get to know of why Jacinto is there and why Casares feels meek, both of which a portrayed by two great actors Federico Luppi and Marisa Paredes. Not to mention the Ghost's warning "Many will Die." The movie is a phenominal film that has the feel of old horror movies and dramas. The ending will leave you shocked and might affect you for a long time. A great movie to watch on a Saturday night will that will leave you wanting for more.
    Last edited by Nick; 10-24-2007 at 06:41 PM.

The Phone 7.3 -

Fantastic four 2 6.1 - Just stop making these movies!!!!

The Breed 8.1 - Made me jump alot. I liked this movie alot for its entertainment factor. Other then that it has those parts... why are you doing that, dont do that, dont go in there etc., I did not care for the ending. I like Wes Cravens movies.

Reign over me 8.3- Maybe adam sandlers best jump but Cheadel made this film good.

Wrong Turn 2 5.4 - Awfull... even gore factor was awfull

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 7.6 - pretty humerous and if you like horror movies you will laugh.

1408 9.2 - I am suprised this movie got a bunch of bad reviews... I liked everything about this movie. From the direction, acting, picture, story line, and even keep samuel L Jackson's role limited. This book must have been terrific. This movie is not ranked as his best (Stephen Kings) but is up there.

Zodiac - 7/10

Pretty good.

My father recorded it when it was on pay per view. So I checked it out. It was alright.

Highlander: The Source (4/10) - Highlander: The Sucks. But I knew it was going to be bad; only the very first movie was great, everything else that followed sucked.

Delicatessen (1991) 9 - This movie was GREAT. Had a lot of phone watching this. The direction. Acting. Humor. Story line. And visualy with camera angles and sound was a work of masterpeice.

Severance (2006) (UK - English) 8.1 - This movie was very entertaining and had a tough time putting a rating on this. I enjoyed this flick. Thought it was also pretty humerous in many parts.

Slither 7.6 - If it was not for the special effects and how well they did this visualy this would be a lot better rating. Acting was plain horrific. Story line also pretty bad.

The Abandoned 8.8 - Great story line, one of the better after dark films I have seen in a while.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

planet terror 8/10

great flick! directed by robert rodriquez, the guy who did from dusk 'til dawn and sin city-- doesn't have the animated effects of sin city, but it has even more of a comic book feel. . . the first 45 minutes are a deliberately slow buildup-- from there on out it goes 120 MPH. . . it's pretty much a tribute to the classic zombie flicks-- exaggerated violence and gore, terrible cheesy dialogue, big guns, and a horde of scantily clad hotties, dirty and bloody but still gorgeous. . . the heroine, played by rose mcgowan, is incredibly luscious, even with only one leg. . . there's nothing smart or deep about this movie-- it's intentional, over-the-top pulp hilarity. . . zombie movie mayhem-- where's keith bishop when i need him??
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Buried Alive (1990) 8.8 - I loved this film and must have seen this about ten times now on USA. Great revenge movie. Love the plot.

Buried Alive 2 (1997) 7.6 - This movie is also pretty good. I'm a big Tim Matheson fan. To get the full impact of this movie, you should see the first one "Buried Alive" with Tim Matheson and Jennifer Jason Leigh. The sequel "Buried Alive II" is about a man who poisons his wife (blow fish... which could in fact do what it does in the movie) to get her inheritance so he can buy a yacht and continue his affair with his mistress.

Problem is, once she is dead, he wants a quicky funeral and wants her embalmed twice. As in the first movie, where the wife poisons husband Clint Goodman (Tim Matheson) and he is dead, (so everyone thinks) everything goes wrong at the funeral home.

The embalming machine goes berserk and there is no embalming done at all. This is when the movies get really good. Both of them actually. To see what the so called dead spouses do to get revenge on the spouse who poisoned them, but did not actually kill them keeps you on your toes and keeps you in suspense until the very end.

The spouse thought to be dead is actually still alive, but the poison from the fish puts them in a kind of like catatonic state, where they appear dead. This is not a horror movie, but more of a suspense, thriller, drama movie.

In any event, if you watch one, you have to watch the other.

Mr. Brooks 9.3 - Kevin Costner, William Hurt, Dane Cook and Demi Moore did a absolute fantastic job in this film... specially Costner and Hurt.

I love the story line and thought this movie was great. Keeps you very entertained as you keep learning new things about Mr. Brooks untill the end. The people that are going to rate this movie as a very bad movie... is going to be people that dislike the "gore" type of movies. A lot of people will also think alot of things crammed into a movie... I have heard many reasons why people do not like this movie... mostly how dark this movie is.

People tend to be turned away from rating a "Dark" movie... like this one. Good.

As if people think if they rate it good... they support it.

This movie is about Mr. Brooks and you are able to see all of these different things about mr. brooks as if they are placing a peice of the puzzle untill it is complete based on who mr. brooks is.

Kevin Costner gives his best performance ever as this psychotic character, his moods range from vulnerable to sadistic. Costner has never shown so much range in any role previous to this.

William Hurt absolutely steals every scene he's in (as usual) as the imaginary Marshall, who is a manifested representation of Brooks' Id. Marshall seeks pleasure and release in killing, and constantly persuades Brooks to do the same. Marshall is also Brooks' survival instinct, and this becomes more prevalent later in the film.

The last 5 minutes of the film will leave you breathless, and those final, haunting scenes will make the entire film draw to a very harrowing close.

I recommend this to anyone who seeks a film that's much smarter than the mindless blockbusters in theaters now.

Also to anyone who likes films such as 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'American Psycho'. Mr. Brooks is not as charming as Patrick Bateman or as lethal as Hannibal Lecter, but he's something far worse; he's relatable.

Isolation - Alot of Horror buffs might like this film. The original name of the film is called The Calf. Not going to officialy grade untill I see the rest. This 2005 Irish Horror film is written and directed by a "Billy O'Brien". Very slow-paced film that doesn't feature many spectacular moments, but it's nevertheless a bit creepy and compelling enough to hold your attention. Especially the first 45 minutes or so are mysteriously build up. The Plot Outline: On a remote Irish farm, five people become unwilling participants in an experiment that goes nightmarishly wrong.

Well there is nothing wrong with a good monster/Alien film once and awhile. Unfortunately this is not one of them. It is likely the first film ever that can make the claim to showing not once, not twice, but three times in the first fifteen minutes a cow having a hand being put up its butt. I ended up falling asleep... My wife said I did not miss to much.

To be fair to the director Billy O'Brien, (who also wrote this piece of art) the opening is moody at times. You are trying to figure out what the heck is going on. The set-up takes forever to get going, and the yet the ending seems rushed(Via Wife).

Hostel 2 7.5 - Most horror sequels are entertaining but completely unnecessary. Hostel 2 justifies it's existence by elaborating on things fans were curious about and creating a very different tone while keeping the flavor of the original.

The movie certainly contains horror but it is in the form of individual scenes and there is even an overall sense of doom that hovers over the eventual victims that the first movie never had in it's first act. Even still, the movie is largely a dark comedy; very aware of it's own ability to create uncomfortable laughter. In my opinion, Hostel 2 is a fun movie that delivers the goods and never feels like a rehash. That's all anyone can ask of a sequel.

One last bit on it's running time. While every summer blockbuster tries to come in at about 155 min. Hostel 2 comes in at a shade over 90. It's refreshing leaving a movie wanting more rather than thanking Christ the movie is finally over.

One thing I really liked about this film it shows both sides of the ball. It shows how "normal" people go to these places to torture / Kill people.

I am a not a big fan of Roth and wish he went a different direction still with Cabin fever.

Rinne (Reincarnated) 7.9 - Japanese director Takashi Shimizu has done it again with his newest horror film Rinne or Reincarnation in English. Rinne is told through the eye's of a young and up coming Japanese actress name Sugiura. She is chosen to play the lead role in a horror film that is re-telling the story of a mass murder that took place in a hotel some many years prior.

As the film shoot begins, Sugiura begins to see actual events from the murder in her head. She soon looses track of what is real and what is solely an image in her head. The movie that is being made within the film is re-telling the story of a professor who goes on a killing spree in a hotel. he ends up killing both his children, much of the hotel staff and in the end, he takes his own life. the only survivor is his wife.

The reason for the killings is to prove his theory that the bodies sole lives on after the body has been killed. An interesting Idea that the film actually does a really good job of showing. If you liked the grudge and don't mind reading sub-titles go see Reincarnation.

Eragon 3.4 - This movie was on TV, absolutly horrible in every area. I was noit very disappointed with the movie Eragon because I was not expecting more and did not expect to get anything in return. The acting was rather horrible. The script felt like it was written by a five year old with no sense of wonder at all and while the special effects were great for the dragon, it was not very good any where else. I also have not read the books on which this film is based on but judging on how bad this film was, I'm not going to waste my time.

The Invisible 4.1 - ******MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS****** This is a bad movie. The soundtrack is awfull. The movie is extremely cheesy, and not in a good way. The characters are unoriginal: the "perfect" high school guy who hates his life; the misunderstood bad girl; the backstabbing best friend; the uncaring girlfriend; the overprotective mother. Very predictable... because there is no thinking or mystery involved...

The bad girl "kills" him and he and the audience know it, and in the end she must redeem herself by saving his life (BORING!). He in turn ends up falling for her of course. If you're a 13 year old girl you'll probably love it.

Also no one can hear this kid even her... all of sudden she can now. I hated this movie... and can't believe I wasted my time with this.

The Tomb 3.1 - I'm guessing I'm one of the very few people who actually took the time to watch this whole movie (Fast forwarded mostly) REAL BAD MISTAKE! After watching over 60-minutes of this movie, I began asking 'What was this about again?'..Now, that says something. There was no story, it had no meaning to it and no point. Bad acting. Was the casting director serious when they hired these people. Alot of the characters died off and I had no remorse for them. Every character never had an adequate story built up for them, so there was obviously no sympathy. All I've got to mention is that there was a guy fake jogging in the movie... and please do not get me started about the objects located around the movie.

This movie was horrible.

Eragon - 5/10

This movie was not that good. I am a big fan of Robert Carlyle (I can't wait to see 28 Weeks Later) who plays an evil sorceror in this film. I was not too happy with this movie. But I think Carlyle did a decent job acting in the film.

Spiderman 3 - 7/10

I liked the movie, but felt Raimi could have done a bit better. Still liked the movie a lot though especially seeing Venom brought to life.

I'm Not Scared (2004) 8.7 - Photography, Plot, Acting, and Originality is almost flawless in this movie. It is Italian with subtitles. I am sooo suprised how well these kids did in this movie as far as acting goes.

The director does a great job of seeing the world through the eyes of the 10 year old lead character who finds similarities between his own peers and those of his parents. He's forced to choose between loyalty and what he feels in his heart to be correct.

Hollywood could learn much from this film. It doesn't take multimillion dollar special effects to make a great film...just a good story...the right actors...and a director with a vision.

Howling 8.4 - I like the howling movie and saw the movie my first time on USA. The Howling is a good werewolf film with some incredible special effects (realizing it is around 26 years old). I liked the setting and the story itself, but the acting could've been better. I think the movie failed to do this because the actors and actresses weren't given much to work with. I also believe the first half of the movie could've had better pacing because it tends to crawl towards the second half.

The last half of this film however is a real delight to watch with all the transformations and surprises, and though the ending is not a let down, it could've been better. I won't say why because I don't want to give the ending away to those who haven't seen it yet. There aren't many good werewolf films out there, but overall The Howling gets my vote as a nice horror film to watch at night with all the lights off and your sweetheart by your side.

And the werewolf love scene is one of the most memorable moments in the werewolf movie history.

Entrapment 7.1 - I "had" to see this movie again because my wife wanted to watch this. This movie should not be seen more then once. It is pretty predictable, corny, boring, not great acting, music in some areas is just flat out annoying. There is a part When Catherine Zeta-Jones is getting ready for a heist and practicing moving around strings pretending they are lasers and the it goes into slow motion with soft porn music. I would not mind seeing here dance around or what ever but this was very very corny. Sean Connery's drifts in and out of his accent, which is annoying. They even try adding more of a romantic side to this movie with Connery and Zeta-jones. That has to be atleast a 40 year old difference. If main cast was not in this movie... this movie would be horrific.

Adopted Bronco:
    66 Nalen 66

The last movie I saw was 1972 "Fritz the Cat" which I got in a trade. It's a rated X cartoon. It also has a very strong message about violence and predjudice.
    <marquee>The Broncos will finish....</marquee>
    <marquee>10-6 and win the division</marquee>

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information