Page 393 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 893 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I saw it. It's okay. But drags a little.
    It's on Netflix streaming. I haven't made it very far into it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watched 'Parental Guidance' with the kids last night.....it was a good movie.

Started to watch Jango Unchained, but the first head shot disturbed my little girl. I didn't realize it was a rough movie for little kids. I'll have to finish watching today.
    Last edited by Nomad; 04-21-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Django Unchained- 9/10

The Sitter- 7/10

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Oblivion - 8.8/10

Every year before the Summer movie season kicks off I make it a point to go see a few movies by myself. Some are forgettable while others offer a pleasant surprise that reminds you that the best movies aren't relegated to the May-July timeframe. Oblivion falls in the latter category and is a great homage to many sic-fi films that came before it all while maintaining its own identity.

The Omega Man, The Matrix, and Total Recall are all big influences on this film but it draws on many more. Set in a post-alien invasion world, Tom Cruise plays Jack who is tasked with a partner as a "clean up crew" of sorts for the now desolated Earth. During the attack, the enemy obliterated the moon causing tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. which laid waste to everything. The humans responded with nuclear weapons and ultimately won the war, but now everyone is being moved off world to the moon of Titan near Jupiter to start new colonies. A key component of this are large machines that are harvesting what is left of the ocean, but the "Scavengers" are still launching attacks despite losing the war. It is Jack's job to maintain drones that help keep these machines safe to ensure the future of humanity.

About a 1/3 of the way into the film we are hit with a set of circumstances that makes Jack question his own memory (wiped as a security precaution in case of capture) that leads to an action packed finale. This film hits on the foundations of a good movie in terms of story, acting, cinematography, score, and design. The post-war Earth is both haunting and beautiful at once and the design of the technology is sharp and realistic. It is refreshing to see a film that is self contained and does not hint at a sequel. This is a pure science fiction movie powered by top-notch effects and story telling and is a must see for fans of the genre. I make it a point to buy less than a handful of movies each year, and this one is definitely on that list when it releases.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 04-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Are you an effective team?

I loved Obliviion, Morgan freeman is a badass. the VFX are great.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 04-22-2013 at 02:27 AM.

8. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Oblivion - 8.8/10

Every year before the Summer movie season kicks off I make it a point to go see a few movies by myself. Some are forgettable while others offer a pleasant surprise that reminds you that the best movies aren't relegated to the May-July timeframe. Oblivion falls in the latter category and is a great homage to many sic-fi films that came before it all while maintaining its own identity.

The Omega Man, The Matrix, and Total Recall are all big influences on this film but it draws on many more. Set in a post-alien invasion world, Tom Cruise plays Jack who is tasked with a partner as a "clean up crew" of sorts for the now desolated Earth. During the attack, the enemy obliterated the moon causing tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. which laid waste to everything. The humans responded with nuclear weapons and ultimately won the war, but now everyone is being moved off world to the moon of Titan near Jupiter to start new colonies. A key component of this are large machines that are harvesting what is left of the ocean, but the "Scavengers" are still launching attacks despite losing the war. It is Jack's job to maintain drones that help keep these machines safe to ensure the future of humanity.

About a 1/3 of the way into the film we are hit with a set of circumstances that makes Jack question his own memory (wiped as a security precaution in case of capture) that leads to an action packed finale. This film hits on the foundations of a good movie in terms of story, acting, cinematography, score, and design. The post-war Earth is both haunting and beautiful at once and the design of the technology is sharp and realistic. It is refreshing to see a film that is self contained and does not hint at a sequel. This is a pure science fiction movie powered by top-notch effects and story telling and is a must see for fans of the genre. I make it a point to buy less than a handful of movies each year, and this one is definitely on that list when it releases.
    From the trailers it looked incredibly boring but the way you describe it makes it sound so much cooler.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Django Unchained- 9/10

The Sitter- 7/10
    Watched this with the family yesterday afternoon. I'd give it the same rating. Good blood effects and i loved the part about the bags with the eye holes.

12. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Watched this with the family yesterday afternoon. I'd give it the same rating. Good blood effects and i loved the part about the bags with the eye holes.

Yea, i watched once yesterday by myself and then with MIssy in the evening. That bag scene is hilarious.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    From the trailers it looked incredibly boring but the way you describe it makes it sound so much cooler.
    Well, therein lies the problem with movies like this. If you are looking for an action/sci-fi movie this one delivers but only in chunks. Its more science fiction in the sense that it doesn't rush the character development at the beginning and there are plenty of quiet moments that really add to the overall experience of what it would be like to live in this world. Case in point for me is that while Jack was on patrol he found an area that he turned into a private retreat near a lake. Here he would put the "treasures" he found like old books, vinyl records, etc. as a place where he could go to get away from technology and the ever present threat of dying. I can't stress enough that I liked this movie because I like that type of sci-fi. Its much closer to the roots of the genre that were established in the 60's and 70's and is basically a B-movie with high production values and better acting.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    Are you an effective team?

I loved Obliviion, Morgan freeman is a badass. the VFX are great.
    The design of the drones was one of the coolest things I can remember in a while. It felt like Half-life, the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The design of the drones was one of the coolest things I can remember in a while. It felt like Half-life, the movie.
    Damnit. Now I have to see this.

19. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I think its worth a Sunday matinee for sure. Soon the crunch of the blockbusters will be on us and films like this can be quickly forgotten.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I'm going to have to remember to watch this when it comes out on video. The baby has killed the number of opportunities I have to see movies at the theater.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I really want to see this movie. How would you rank it with his other films?

Better than smokin aces? Equal to pulp? I won't be a le to see this movie for at least a week so a nice buildup of anticipation will make the wait more worth while.
    Tarantino will never be able to top/equal Pulp Fiction.

I liked it better than Inglorious Basterds. It's probably more widely appealing than Kill Bill - I personally liked Kill Bill better, but Django is pretty damn good. Classic Tarantino interweaving over the top violence and humor perfectly. He's won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay twice - once for Django and the other for Pulp Fiction.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Name:  MV5BNzQxMDQ1NjA4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE5MjQ3OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  17.0 KB

9/10

A very enjoyable flick and funny.

26. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information