Page 373 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 473 873 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    The dark knight rises - 6/10

I don't get what you all see in this movie. Mike Nolan did a great job with this trilogy, but this was the worst of the three movies. Tom Hardy, Levitt, and Hathaway were all good, but Bale is a bad Batman. Even the reveal at the end felt forced.

I'll be looking forward to the night wing movies that were foreshadowed. I always liked Robin better.
    I totally agree. I thought it was really awesome when I saw it in the theater, but it is so very flawed. Nolan as a director of the Batman stuff tries really hard to be incredibly deep and stuff in order to contrast from the Marvel movies which are generally not that way at all. But he's not really good at doing that with any of the Batman's. I still enjoy them but everybody thinks they're the best things ever because they're summer blockbuster movies framed in a way where they seem like more than that. All of the deep and amazing stuff in them is actually really basic, but it's kindof unexpected so everybody trips out over it. In a way, it's like pseudo-intellectual filmmaking. He is fantastic at making you leave the theater feeling like you've seen the most badass life-changing movie ever. After giving them time to sit, they kindof lose that theater excitement, and you can never pinpoint what exactly it is that made it so badas and life-changing. TDKR was one of the best theater experiences I can remember having. I love watching them, but i'm not going to act like they're perfect or anything.

As for the newest one, I liked most things like Bane and JGL and all. Hathaway in the Catsuit is hubba-hubba. Bane has never stood out as a Batman-like character. He's not bad or anything, but he's definitely replaceable IMO. It was a good watch, exciting, etc. Crowd pleasing. Not as intellectually significant as it thinks it is, but it was good.

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Nolan is definitely hit and miss for me. I still think inception is an incredible piece of film, and I absolutely love Person of interest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Nolan is definitely hit and miss for me. I still think inception is an incredible piece of film, and I absolutely love Person of interest.
    So other than thinking the Dark Knight Rises was overrated what, in your opinion has Nolan missed on? I think he's the best filmmaker going (except for my beloved Coen Bros. that is).
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So other than thinking the Dark Knight Rises was overrated what, in your opinion has Nolan missed on? I think he's the best filmmaker going (except for my beloved Coen Bros. that is).

His handling of Bale for one. And Bane was miss represented in my eyes. I'll try to expand when I'm not mobile.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

His handling of Bale for one. And Bane was miss represented in my eyes. I'll try to expand when I'm not mobile.
    Bane was my least favorite character in the comics when he came out because he was so gimmicky. I actually how Nolan handled the character instead of turning him into some roided up monster. I will never think that the Nolanverse Batman is the be all end all of Batman movies, but I loved that trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises is second only to Django Unchained as far as movies I absolutely loved this year, but I do understand the criticisms of Nolan. As much as I love his trilogy, I hope the next iteration of Batman mixes his early noir elements with some of the over the top action seen in The Avengers movie.

To me the Avengers was a fantastic comic book movie, and TDKR was a wonderful live action Graphic Novel. In fact, I love how Nolan basically combined the best elements of Knightfall, No Man's Land, and Batman: Legacy (each of which I highly recommend to fellow graphic novel fans if you haven't read them). I think the only thing that bothers me about calling TDKR rises overrated is that it had the same logic flaws as The Dark Knight and worse pacing issues in my opinion. But, after all that is just my opinion as a self professed fanboy. Batman always was and still is my favorite character, and I'm just happy Joel Schumaker won't have another chance at him.

And honestly I am not the biggest fan of Chris Nolan overall, but I liked what he did with the movies. Though they are more grounded in reality I wouldn't say they are trying too hard to be philosophical they are simply taking the mythology of the characters more seriously. I still think the comic book movie that has done the delicate balance of fun and mythological best was the original Superman movie.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 01-04-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I respect all of your opinions on the DK trilogy of movies. I think Nolan is a great director (and in my research I understand it's his brother Jonathan Nolan that does PoI, not Chris); Inception and the Prestige are two of my favorite movies.

I am by no means a Batman fan boy. He is very low on my list of favorite Comic book characters. I did enjoy the trilogy. I think part of my issue was that I was biased going in. The majority of people I talk about movies with were all gaga over this film, so I did have high expectations. And I really can't get past Christian Bale as Batman. His gruff voice every time he speaks as the Bat is comical for me. Every time he speaks, he makes me think I'm reading the Billy Goats Gruff or the Three Little Pigs to my children.

The bottom line is that the bad acting by the principal actor did not allow me to immerse myself in the DC universe.

9. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I respect all of your opinions on the DK trilogy of movies. I think Nolan is a great director (and in my research I understand it's his brother Jonathan Nolan that does PoI, not Chris); Inception and the Prestige are two of my favorite movies.

I am by no means a Batman fan boy. He is very low on my list of favorite Comic book characters. I did enjoy the trilogy. I think part of my issue was that I was biased going in. The majority of people I talk about movies with were all gaga over this film, so I did have high expectations. And I really can't get past Christian Bale as Batman. His gruff voice every time he speaks as the Bat is comical for me. Every time he speaks, he makes me think I'm reading the Billy Goats Gruff or the Three Little Pigs to my children.

The bottom line is that the bad acting by the principal actor did not allow me to immerse myself in the DC universe.
    Yeah his bat voice is horrible.

THIS was pretty funny though:

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think the stupid voice is an attempted answer to the age old question of how people can't recognize him as Bruce Wayne when all he covers is his cheeks and nose. It's even worse in Superman, "oh that's not Clark, Clark wears glasses".

I think Nolan and Bale invented that voice when they should have just left that age old superhero problem alone. I know nothing of the comic books, was Batman's voice ever discussed in them?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was under the impression that Nolan did the effect with his voice digitally.

I guess I was able to get past that after the first movie. I can understand why, for continuity reasons, they would keep it, even if it wasn't effective.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I think the stupid voice is an attempted answer to the age old question of how people can't recognize him as Bruce Wayne when all he covers is his cheeks and nose. It's even worse in Superman, "oh that's not Clark, Clark wears glasses".

I think Nolan and Bale invented that voice when they should have just left that age old superhero problem alone. I know nothing of the comic books, was Batman's voice ever discussed in them?
    Those are reasons why Green Lantern is my favorite DC comic book character, and I prefer Marvel over DC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think the first time his voice was ever addressed may have been in the Burton films where he tried to use a different voice as Batman. I always loved how Adam West sounded like Adam West no matter what. I always thought the idea of a secret identity was stupid. I understand the concept of wanting to protect your friends and family, but take Peter Parker for example. Sure no one knows he is ACTUALLY Spiderman, but his enemies DO know that Parker is basically his personal photographer. They could go after Peter or his loved ones based on that info, so whats the difference? And Superman is basically a god among men, why masquerade as a reporter? Just go live in you ice castle with Lois Lane and do your job when it needs to be done.

That is one thing I will give Marvel, most of their characters don't bother with the secret identity thing. Iron Man knows he is pretty much invincible so he doesn't care who knows who he is. He even puts his name on a big tower so everyone knows where to aim.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just switched over to NBC Sports to see the iconic moment where Roy Hobbs hits the cover off the baseball in his first at bat in "The Natural."

This movie is just an incredible movie.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I saw Lawless. 7 of 10

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Dredd

7.10 wasnt bad, wasnt amazing. Great effects . Pretty cool Siege type movie.

I saw the Devil 8 / 10

great show!

*edit* bunch of chowderheads! no love for this show??

Last edited by weazel; 01-11-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information